Cintron's Future

mschatz

Hamma: I has it
Reaction score
So, whats next for Kermit Cintron? Friday Night Fights for the rest of his career? Does he just avoid Mexican fighters from now on? Polish his wrestling skills and dominate the UFC?

I think he would be sweet on next season of The Ultimate Fighter, lol.

if he learns to block he'll be fine. I don't think he'll be at the elite level but he can be a solid B class fighter if he just learns to put his damn hands up and stop bending down.

if he learns to block he'll be fine. I don't think he'll be at the elite level but he can be a solid B class fighter if he just learns to put his damn hands up and stop bending down.

and how 'bout some footwork? Margarito was constantly getting around to the other side on him. I screamed "pivot!" about 15 times at my tv screen, but it didnt change anything.

BTW, no doubt he can (and is) a very good fighter, better than B class. But it seems like pressure guys are going to have his number.

I think he knows how to do those things Kam. What he just doesn't have is the constitution to stand up to continual onslaught from someone bigger than he is. Margarito unnerved him, twice, and he fell apart.

I actually think MMA might not be a bad option.

I don't think he'll ever beat Marg now.

10 times out of 10 I'll pick Tony.

Kermit just looked in fear of him the whole time.

He'll have a good career so long as he ducks Tony and waits another 2 years for a showdown with Cotto.

MMA could be a good way to go as long as he brushes up on his wrestling and does a little cross training in catch or JJ.

I don't think he'll ever beat Marg now.

10 times out of 10 I'll pick Tony.

Kermit just looked in fear of him the whole time.

He'll have a good career so long as he ducks Tony and waits another 2 years for a showdown with Cotto.

MMA could be a good way to go as long as he brushes up on his wrestling and does a little cross training in catch or JJ.

Cotto beats that ass too, IMO.

He should just keep fighting pure "boxers," instead of guys who want to make a fight out of it.

Or he could be the first "Elite" level Boxer to cross successfully (to some degree) with a credible Wrestling background into MMA.

If he became a free-agent in that respect Dana White would shit his pants. If you ask me, the ONLY reason the UFC didn't go after the possible Sherk fight was because they wouldn't be able to have an exclusive contract with Kermit.

He doesn't beat any of the current top Welters, he COULD move to 154 and do decently because without Oscar that division is shyte. Surprisingly he has more options than he probably realizes, just not at 147.

I think he knows how to do those things Kam. What he just doesn't have is the constitution to stand up to continual onslaught from someone bigger than he is. Margarito unnerved him, twice, and he fell apart.

I actually think MMA might not be a bad option.

i don't think he does. even in his other fights, he'd have his hands low and merely duck. Feliciano hit him more than he should since Cintron has a paper-thin defense. Granted Cintron had a broken hand which affected him but he's not the only power puncher who neglects defense b/c most guys he faces go to sleep when he hits them.

sure, he fell to Margarito's pressure but that's what happens, as i said, to a guy who's used to people fallin down whenever he hits them. The same applies to Edison Miranda, who also has his hands down and doesn't kno how to block well (altho i see more potential w/ Miranda b/c of his ferocity). These guys who fall in love w/ their own power and don't learn proper defense.

the fight was less of Cintron folding than revealing his one-dimensional style w/o a defense. If he had a defense, he would at least lasted the whole fight and find more opportunities to land. I don't doubt his heart as some seem to, it's just a lack of technique and defense. If he actually folded, he would have just quit.

It's going to be pretty hard for Kemit amongst the more fickle boxing public. When a guys straight got your number, it hangs over your head your entire career.

After about rdn 3 last night, one of my Puerto Rican friends shook his head and asked me if I wanted me money now, or after Kemit get's KO'd.

Its safe to say hes so weak mentally he would get raped in MMA

As safe as it is to say you're so mentally weak you're on your way to getting raped in the Boxing Forum.

i don't think he does. even in his other fights, he'd have his hands low and merely duck. Feliciano hit him more than he should since Cintron has a paper-thin defense. Granted Cintron had a broken hand which affected him but he's not the only power puncher who neglects defense b/c most guys he faces go to sleep when he hits them.

sure, he fell to Margarito's pressure but that's what happens, as i said, to a guy who's used to people fallin down whenever he hits them. The same applies to Edison Miranda, who also has his hands down and doesn't kno how to block well (altho i see more potential w/ Miranda b/c of his ferocity). These guys who fall in love w/ their own power and don't learn proper defense.

the fight was less of Cintron folding than revealing his one-dimensional style w/o a defense. If he had a defense, he would at least lasted the whole fight and find more opportunities to land. I don't doubt his heart as some seem to, it's just a lack of technique and defense. If he actually folded, he would have just quit.

I don't know, his defense was a lot better against Estrada, who is more of a pressure Fighter than Feliciano. Miranda's never known how to Box, and Bonilla's not the best guy in-terms of instructing raw technique.

I think he wanted to quit and was on his way to quitting. Based on that crap about crying to the ref when he knowingly showed Tony his back and the back of his head and got hit. All the time he spent crying he could have been firing back, it's not like he wasn't connecting, just Tony wasn't going anywhere and Cintron was on the retreat.

Its safe to say hes so weak mentally he would get raped in MMA

I disagree. Its easier to take a breather in MMA than it is in boxing and thats kinda Cintrons problem. He needs breathers as he doesnt handle consistant preasure that well.

Marg. had his number that is for sure. You could almost see it coming. I agree with him moving up in weight.

I disagree. Its easier to take a breather in MMA than it is in boxing and thats kinda Cintrons problem. He needs breathers as he doesnt handle consistant preasure that well.

It's about getting punched 80+ times per round. When there's not that many coming at him, he's fine.

I don't know, his defense was a lot better against Estrada, who is more of a pressure Fighter than Feliciano. Miranda's never known how to Box, and Bonilla's not the best guy in-terms of instructing raw technique.

I think he wanted to quit and was on his way to quitting. Based on that crap about crying to the ref when he knowingly showed Tony his back and the back of his head and got hit. All the time he spent crying he could have been firing back, it's not like he wasn't connecting, just Tony wasn't going anywhere and Cintron was on the retreat.

cintron folded, even against estrada, feliciano his power got some respect; either they visibly backed off or they slowed down from the accumulation of shots or paused in deference to his power.

the fact of the matter is tony wasn't going to respect his power, slow down or step back; he just kept moving his hands, mauling kermit on the inside, an staying in his face. He did not allow cintron to maintain the dist necessary to take full adv of his boxing skills or power; he took his shots and walked in smothering any off the fmr champ had, an allowed himself to open up on kermit on the inside.

cintron is used to his power making people think twice or look for openings, which allows him to get that jab going, work his cross and keep them outside to snipe at them. Estrada and feliciano weren't strong enough to muscle him, nor hard enough punchers to get to him/ rock him/etc, or tough enough to soak up his shots and still press.

everytime kermit faces someone who presses him he folds, unless his power bails him out or they lack the power to hurt hum; otherwise he folds..an he did again. He couldnt create the spacee.. he couldn't maintain the space and he couldn't get tony to back up and it wore on him physically and mentally leading to his ko loss.

i think he should have a fight with paul williams. he has a crazy punch output as well, but the fact that the punisher's head is up high and stationary for the most part means that kermit will be fighting someone who he can land bombs with full leverage, as opposed to the guys who take away his base and sap his power on the inside. i see this as a 50/50 bout.

i just think it's his lack of skill and defense that's his main failing, more so than heart. I don't see Cintron as a fragile guy as much as being very crude, simple and easy to hit like a pinata. Only guys like Gatti and Mayorga can eat tons of punches and still smile and fight. Their lack of defense was somewhat balanced out by their toughness but not enough to thrive on the elite level b/c they didn't have good defense and would be pounded by guys who were simply better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greshmedic
Back