Cintron's Future

i just think it's his lack of skill and defense that's his main failing, more so than heart. I don't see Cintron as a fragile guy as much as being very crude, simple and easy to hit like a pinata. Only guys like Gatti and Mayorga can eat tons of punches and still smile and fight. Their lack of defense was somewhat balanced out by their toughness but not enough to thrive on the elite level b/c they didn't have good defense and would be pounded by guys who were simply better.

Yes but those guys didn't do a lot of bitching and complaining. Keep in-mind we're talking about a guy who looked at his corner for the whole last round of the first fight, and broke into tears immediately upon realizing he was beaten. Not that I blame him, and not that I think he's a coward, he's obviously not. But he's not chinny either, just doesn't stand up to pressure that well.

I know I'm late with my 2 cents.. but I just watch the fights this morning. I actually avoided looking at any boxing sites all night at work.. which is hard for me.

I think Cintron showed some good stuff. Especially early in the 3rd. He was throwing slicing beautiful fast combos and counters from range. He needs to work on his footwork in order to maintain his range and I think he'll be around knocking em dead for years to come.

mma isn't the option. he'll just get tossed around by a superior wrestler. he's too slow, can you guys imagine sean sherk gnping him?

Kermit didn't like what Jebus told him.

manny steward....sweet fucking gameplan. did they really have the arrogance to think they were going to bomb tony out with right hands? hasn't he seen tony fight? ever?

steward is a big fat 0-for when it comes to gamplans. remember his gameplan with jt and pav 1? he told jt" he can't handle this kind of pace?" wtf!?!

christ...didnt he watch pav-miranda?

though no matter the gameplan cintron never beats tony. :)

sadly i don't think cintron is ever going to be the same, unless margarito regurgitates cintron's heart.

Jesus, everyone questioning his heart and saying everytime he gets pressured he loses his composure and loses? Hell only one guy has been able to eat his power and that is Margarito. No shame in that, he may be the only guy at 147 or even 154 for that matter who can fight Cintron like that. Kermit's still got a chance to beat anyone at 147 or 154 because of his punching power (just not Margarito) and there is no shame in that. Hell is Mosley a plug because Winky and Forrest beat him twice? or Barrera because Junior Jones handled him twice? I think not, Cintron is just not capable of going to war against someone who will pressure him like that and brush off his punches like someone is having a pillowfight against him. Even Cotto, would have to fight Cintron carefully. I'd actually like to see him fight Quintana or Williams.

I was confused as to why Cintron did not try to clinch more. He clinched only one time. He could have saved himself more on the inside, instead of getting smashed by the better in-fighter. Margarito went to work on the inside and did what he had to do. It seems that Cintron needs more polish and time to develop into a more complete boxer...

Jesus, everyone questioning his heart and saying everytime he gets pressured he loses his composure and loses? Hell only one guy has been able to eat his power and that is Margarito. No shame in that, he may be the only guy at 147 or even 154 for that matter who can fight Cintron like that. Kermit's still got a chance to beat anyone at 147 or 154 because of his punching power (just not Margarito) and there is no shame in that. Hell is Mosley a plug because Winky and Forrest beat him twice? or Barrera because Junior Jones handled him twice? I think not, Cintron is just not capable of going to war against someone who will pressure him like that and brush off his punches like someone is having a pillowfight against him. Even Cotto, would have to fight Cintron carefully. I'd actually like to see him fight Quintana or Williams.

Actually everyone WAS saying Shane was washed-up when Winky and Forrest beat him. He re-invented himself. And yes, people were saying Barrera wasn't all he was cracked-up to be when Jones handled him twice, and again when Juarez troubled him.

Hope for Cintron all you like, but the ring tells the truth. The ring don't lie.

He's a right-hand, and nothing more. And that's monumentally not enough to trouble "anyone" at 147 or 154. It's enough to trouble certain people at those weights.

I was confused as to why Cintron did not try to clinch more. He clinched only one time. He could have saved himself more on the inside, instead of getting smashed by the better in-fighter. Margarito went to work on the inside and did what he had to do. It seems that Cintron needs more polish and time to develop into a more complete boxer...

he should dump Steward for Stone. Could you guys imagine Stoney running into the ring to fight with Neumann over the shots to the back of the head?

as for Cintron's next fight, how about the punisher?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back