• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cigars Version II

Hi Guys,

Mostly a lurker on sherdog but this thread is great, im a noob to smoking cigars took it up when I quite smoking cigs.

I Have a couple questions
Any Australians in this thread know were to buy cigars online or from us who can import?

What are the basic things I need to know about smoking Cigars?

Cheers guys.

Don't inhale.

When in doubt, go Arturo Fuente.

No idea about importing in to Oz though.

what else you buy?

My Uzi Weighs a Ton box of 10
Gurkha Park Avenue box of 20
Perdomo 6‑Cigar Sampler
My Father Le Bijou 10 cigars
Oliva Connecticut Reserve Double Toro 10 cigars
Macanudo Estate Reserve III 10 cigars

My Uzi Weighs a Ton box of 10
Gurkha Park Avenue box of 20
Perdomo 6‑Cigar Sampler
My Father Le Bijou 10 cigars
Oliva Connecticut Reserve Double Toro 10 cigars
Macanudo Estate Reserve III 10 cigars

Nice.

I've been watching -- it's mesmerizing, really -- that cigarsprintsale site for a bit now. I have just a little humidor but could fit five more cigars so I'm looking for a five-pack I might enjoy. The prices are very good.

Bought my ticket for The Big Smoke. Not until November but I can't wait.

bslv13-logoimg.jpg

Did anyone go to Pheasant Run in St. Charles IL this year for the World Pipe and Tobacco Show?

I had quite a day. Spent a decent amount of money, got a Cellini pipe from one of the family, got a calabash, and a rusticated billiard with a huge bowl for $20. Tried a gazillion types of tobacco, and brought away a huge stash of samplers. I think my face is becoming known there as the blenders recongnised me and I got a tonne of freebies.

Firing up some Barbary Coast from GL Pease tonight on the deck in my new pipe. I saw this pipe walking down one of the stalls, picked it up and thought wow, this thing is immense and the rustication and meerchaum lined bowl was impeccably crafted. Thought it was going to be $450, turned it over and $20. The stall owner said they were just clearing them all out for $20, my friend with me who has nearly 500 pipes said they were nearly all worth over $300 and obviously had been kept by a serious collector. Got several. Going to use one tonight on the Barbary, a nice cube cut burley.

Good times.

Met Cool Hand Luke yesterday afternoon at a Brick House Tavern + Tap. We sat on the patio and had cigars, beer, and some food.

I had a Fuente Fuente Forbidden X Lost City Robusto, CHL had an Arturo Fuente A

heya bud and likewise, good times indeed. good to shoot the shit with you and thanks again for sharing a cigar. delish! Need to do that again soon.

Hadn't had a cigar in a couple of days, so last evening after dinner I watched the fights and had my last big Forbidden X from the crop I scooped up two years ago: a Forbidden Destiny 1980 (5.75x52, 2012) - awesome cigar, and that's totally understating it. It was one of the best I've ever had, easily top 10 - I would punch a baby to get another one.

I enjoyed it immensely, but as it was my last one the experience was a touch bittersweet. I cannot recommend this cigar highly enough - if you can get any for reasonable, non-rapey prices... DO IT!

FFOX-Forbidden-X-100-Year.jpg

cigarsprintsale has the forbidden city circulating (10 cigars) it I've seen it go for 208 bucks at its lowest. surely there is another way to get these beauties.

i started smoking cohiba clubs over winter due to it being to cold to smoke anything bigger and i am starting to some them even in the summer now. liking them even more everytime i someone.

I'm jealous. Every year I get 10 Partagas Series P No.2's sent from London, and have roughly one per month. My new shipment should be arriving soon, they are incredibly good.

Post up some pictures when you get them, Archie or The Doberman should be able to identifu.

Whats the price

Back