Chuck liddell vs rampage 1

The UFC at the end of the day was looking out for him. That’s what happens when you get knocked out like he was getting knocked out over and over again. If he took it personally as in somehow he was being disrespected it just goes to show you that number one he’s delusional and number two he had a lot of really bad people around him. Because they should’ve been telling him the exact same thing the UFC was telling him.

Then we will have to disagree. I personally don't think it should've been their call to make. Release his contract and let him decide.

On another topic; Lol if you think the UFC actually cares about a fighters well being. Looking by your avatar and your past posting history it's pretty clear you are a big enough GSP fan. Do you believe the UFC has GSP's best interest at heart? Of course not.

Then we will have to disagree. I personally don't think it should've been their call to make. Release his contract and let him decide.

On another topic; Lol if you think the UFC actually cares about a fighters well being. Looking by your avatar and your past posting history it's pretty clear you are a big enough GSP fan. Do you believe the UFC has GSP's best interest at heart? Of course not.

In general they do not care, but in Chuck’s case Dana is/was his friend so he personally cared. In the case of others like GSP no the UFC gives no Fucks in spite of all they did..

Chute boxe was wild haymakers and knees on roids.

This post is really sad. You are a fighter yourself but really you have no, absolutely no clue at all about Chute Boxe back then and Pride MW division. Its painful to read this nonsense. Cordeiro was and is a brilliant technical coach who trained his fighters to their strenghts at a worldclass level and not for beauty contests. Murilo, Shogun, Wanderlei , Silva..etc. were high level MT fighters despite their "sloppy" striking style. No one beats prime Rampage who isnt an exceptional fighter.

Cordeiro began f.e the transformation of Werdum from stand up novice to someone wrecking Cain Velasquez in stand up. But I guess thats also not impressive.

And if you insinuate Chute Boxe on roids and Chuck being not l <Lmaoo>
Everyone in Pride roided and it was allowed, everyone in UFC roided and it was "officially not allowed". Ask Coleman and Belfort how hard it was to avoid testing positive back then.

One of the technical worst CB fighters in Murilo Ninja gave Rampage a very tough fight in his prime. If you cant watch Liddell against Mezger, Rampage and Overeem and see the glaring holes in his game you are just a fanboy on a mission. Liddell was still a great fighter with huge balls (him going to brazil way back then was a bold move) but that doesnt mean we have to tell fairytales.

Educate yourself before making statements this naive.

Seems like the UFC took steps to bury this fight. It went from not hard to find, to no longer in places it used to be. I wonder if that's changed now since ties were severed with Chuck, plus Ari Gold and. Co don't care much either way.

Cool to see all of the prefight footage.

It's on fightpass

chuck ran into an unstoppable force that night. rampage in his prime was a scary mofo.

Rampage did the same to Vovchanchyn when they fought. They didn’t look to devastating to my young eyes but it was more than enough to get a tough bastard like Igor to tap. Young Rampage was a force to be reckoned with.
Igot didnt tap to the strikes, he got an unjured rib from a slam

I think had Chuck made it to the main event with Wand, Wand would have absolutely murdered him in PRIDE.

Igot didnt tap to the strikes, he got an unjured rib from a slam
I didn’t learn that till years later, from my point of view at the time it looked like Page just destroyed his body with elbows lol.

You need better boxing and power, or better wrestling to beat prime chuck.

Chute boxe guys also had very good clinch games. Case in point, Rampage who outwrestled prime Chuck with ease and slammed him around like a small boy before TKOing him, had nothing for Wand and Shogun in the clinch which makes me think Chuck woudnt either. Rampage even struggled in the clinch with Ninja. But since you're a chuck nut hugger you say Chute Boxe guys were nothing but haymakers and knees on roids. It's not fair to say that those guys had good skills. Good muay thai and good clinch and good bjj. You talk about them like bums but when someone says chuck Liddell had sloppy ass brawler bum striking you cry like a bitch.

What's your problem?

You need better boxing and power, or better wrestling to beat prime chuck.

You should have a closer look at Assuerio Silva´s & Shogun´s ground game...

Last edited:
This post is really sad. You are a fighter yourself but really you have no, absolutely no clue at all about Chute Boxe back then and Pride MW division. Its painful to read this nonsense. Cordeiro was and is a brilliant technical coach who trained his fighters to their strenghts at a worldclass level and not for beauty contests. Murilo, Shogun, Wanderlei , Silva..etc. were high level MT fighters despite their "sloppy" striking style. No one beats prime Rampage who isnt an exceptional fighter.

Cordeiro began f.e the transformation of Werdum from stand up novice to someone wrecking Cain Velasquez in stand up. But I guess thats also not impressive.

And if you insinuate Chute Boxe on roids and Chuck being not l <Lmaoo>
Everyone in Pride roided and it was allowed, everyone in UFC roided and it was "officially not allowed". Ask Coleman and Belfort how hard it was to avoid testing positive back then.

One of the technical worst CB fighters in Murilo Ninja gave Rampage a very tough fight in his prime. If you cant watch Liddell against Mezger, Rampage and Overeem and see the glaring holes in his game you are just a fanboy on a mission. Liddell was still a great fighter with huge balls (him going to brazil way back then was a bold move) but that doesnt mean we have to tell fairytales.

Educate yourself before making statements this naive.

Frog falch is a chuck Liddell ball globbing weirdo from Finland who has some nice kicks but it's clear he doesnt know nearly as much as he pretends to. Anyone who says something like that about the chute boxe guys isnt educated on the sport and probably has the agenda to hang from chucks nuts until he dies.

I was so high watching the video in the OP that I thought I was watching that shit live, lol.

Chuck never had a chance..Rampage must have some of the greatest composure of em' all..great fight
If I remember correctly, Rampage was smoking cigarettes at the press conference leading up to the event. The man gave zero fucks.

Last edited:
Back