Chuck liddell vs rampage 1

Retirement was something that was required at that time. He was not going to maintain a job in the UFC performing at the level that he was. He was getting absolutely destroyed and potentially seriously injured every time out. So the only option was to leave the UFC and fight in smaller promotions. And he still would have likely suffered more violent knockouts. Dana definitely did right by him at that time. And in terms of him getting fired that is his fault from what I understand. He didn’t do anything. He was collecting checks for doing nothing. Forrest still has a job. Because he actually contributes.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Chuck said he was pressured by them to retire. Then they made a promise and went back on it.

What you and the other poster are missing is what's called choice. It shouldn't have been Dana White's call to retire him if Liddell wanted to continue to fight. As I said to the other poster; The UFC should've cancelled his contract and Dana White could've then offered him an alternative like working for the UFC. Then it would be Liddells choice to continue to fight in another organization or accept the job at the UFC.

Dana did not do right by him because Liddell now regrets ever retiring and he's back to fighting once more.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Chuck said he was pressured by them to retire. Then they made a promise and went back on it.

What you and the other poster are missing is what's called choice. It shouldn't have been Dana White's call to retire him if Liddell wanted to continue to fight. As I said to the other poster; The UFC should've cancelled his contract and Dana White could've then offered him an alternative like working for the UFC.

Dana did not do right by him because Liddell now regrets ever retiring and he's back to fighting once more.

Wait a minute he was offered a chance to work for the UFC. He basically declined and obviously expected to still collect checks because of who he is. He was given a token job but he could’ve made something out of. He decided to not make something out of it.

1st fight was awesome, thanks for remembering us!!!

2nd fight was quick

That right there is the scariest version of Rampage that ever existed. Juanito Rampage was a scary muh fuggah. Wish that window would have lasted longer.

Probably wouldn't have netted him the win unless he got a finish though, Pride rules would have probably favored Rampage's power shots if it played out like that.

Sidenote: the first time I watched the fight, I was impressed by Rampage's GnP. Loved how he went to the body and then came over the top with a heavy punch. Chuck had no way of dealing with that.
Keep in mind if forrest vs page was only 3 rds forrest def woulda won

Yup....I'm the idiot...
wrassler%20bait_zpsuxh3wttf.jpg
You spelt my name wrong.

Learn to spell and read. Thanks.

Wait a minute he was offered a chance to work for the UFC. He basically declined and obviously expected to still collect checks because of who he is. He was given a token job but he could’ve made something out of. He decided to not make something out of it.

Umm Chuck Liddell did not want to retire at all. He was still under contract with the UFC. It's not like he had any other option but to accept the deal. I am talking about free will, having choice. He's now regretting retiring in the first place because he felt like he had no option but to go along with it.

You telling me he should've made the most out of it is besides the point.

Last edited:
Keep in mind if forrest vs page was only 3 rds forrest def woulda won
True.

I need to go rewatch Forrest's fights. Always like to watch guys like him that are versatile.

You spelt my name wrong.

Learn to spell and read. Thanks.
Apparently I've misspelled my arguments with the notoriously GSP bashing rasttlerr.
He wins....GSP sux shit

I watched this fight for the first time a couple of days before they fought in the UFC. Everyone was saying Chuck was going to defend his belt and was unbeatable in the UFC but after I saw this, I bet many a six pack on Rampage. I collected over 2 cases of delicious IPA that night, good times!

And to think, had Chuck won, we would have gotten Wanderlei/Chuck.

Last edited:
Prime Rampage was something to behold. It's too bad Juanito Ibarra was a piece of shit and Rampage had that mental breakdown.
Rampage also was a victim of another scam advisor - Harfouf or something his name was, thanked him in a UFC post fight interview in the cage. It was probably one reason he went loopy in the highway thing.

Definetly a slug fest i remeber Bas commenting on how high the pace was , Rampage broke him tho.

Because Dana White forced him to retire and said he has a job at the UFC as long as Dana White was president. Lol we know how that turned out. After being fired Chuck Liddell later said he regret ever retiring in the first place and should've never retired. These are his words, not mine.

Ok he "forced" him to retire after getting ko`d left and right and got him a well paid job without workload. Thats imo exactly what a friend would do and that Chuck regrets to have retired has imo nothing to do with that. Chuck is a warrior and would always want to fight but I would be very suprised if he doesnt see Dana still as a friend.

Ok he "forced" him to retire after getting ko`d left and right and got him a well paid job without workload. Thats imo exactly what a friend would do and that Chuck regrets to have retired has imo nothing to do with that. Chuck is a warrior and would always want to fight but I would be very suprised if he doesnt see Dana still as a friend.

Well the UFC held his contract and they "offered" him a job. That pretty much eliminated all his chances of ever moving to another organization without their blessings. Then throw in being a loyal friend to Dana White and you end up with being forced.

As i also said to the other poster; It's all about choice. A good friend would've voided his contract and offered him the job as an alternative. This way Chuck Liddell would have had the choice to decide his own fate. But we all know it would have never happened. Chuck Liddell was still a big name and Dana White/UFC did not want Strikeforce to sign him.

Great fight!

Seems like the UFC took steps to bury this fight. It went from not hard to find, to no longer in places it used to be. I wonder if that's changed now since ties were severed with Chuck, plus Ari Gold and. Co don't care much either way.

Cool to see all of the prefight footage.

Chuck was my fav of all time - hurt seeing him lose to Page twice. good fight tho - 2nd one sucked

Yeah same here. But the first fight was a very good fight. It was a even battle up until the end of the first round.

Both warriors gave and took a solid beating.

Back