Chuck liddell vs rampage 1

Rampage had two awesome fights that night... We don't even get those once a year these days.. Plus. Keep your hands up and suck that gut in... - Rampage

Yeah Igor got his ribs broken when he got slammed. That was a really good & competitive fight too. He just made a mistake going for that guillotine while being up high & got slammed for it.

It's funny, because before the fight started, Bas said on commentary that the fight was really even on paper and that the loser would be the one who made the first mistake. Igor made the first mistake and got his ribs broke.

It's funny, because before the fight started, Bas said on commentary that the fight was really even on paper and that the loser would be the one who made the first mistake. Igor made the first mistake and got his ribs broke.
That reminds me of a quote from Rampage: "You can make a mistake and get caught in a submission, but Chuck made a mistake and he got caught in an ass whoopin’."

Dana's commentary and unfolding horror whilst Pride's commentator at the time (Damon Perry) basically trolling Dana. Hilarious.

If only organisations did this between each other. But the UFC really likes to operate in a bubble.

Imagine if they agreed to have Bellator fighters come over and fight in a tournament or for the belt, etc... be awesome

This really was the the golden age of MMA.

Funny part is that chuck would’ve BEAT Wandy just like when they met in the UFC

Only 2 guys in pride were real tough fights for chuck style wise, rampage and rua. Chuck would’ve beaten everyone else in pride LHW
Prime Wand in Pride would have beaten Chuck at that time IMO.

Rampage was KOd by Wand inside a round. I don't see chuck fairing better. Still would have been a great fight. But Wand was best suited to the smaller ring, would have happily chased chuck and just furious constant attack would have been tough for chuck. Wand still had a great chin back then, by the time he fought chuck he was not the same fighter and his chin was destroyed. Plus it was in the cage. The most difficult parts of the Chuck fight were when he was backing away and trying to land shots. I feel Wand would have put him away just like he put away Rampage.

I remember watching that for the very first time. Chuck got brutalized.

Back