Chuck Liddell helping Glover Teixeira & Lyoto Machida with takedown defense

Bevois

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Rampage defeated Chuck Liddell twice, including ending his reign at 205-pounds back in May 2007, so Chuck is now doing everything he can to help his longtime friend Glover Teixeira gain a bit a revenge later this month. Here he is teaching him some of his legendary takedown defense at Black House MMA. Lyoto Machida is also happy to learn it ahead of his fight with Hendo next month.

399981_10151222569480886_610935618_n.jpg

1463_10151222562260886_1091131331_n.jpg

Last edited:
Show them the ways of the "Chuck" :icon_chee

I honestly think Rampage is going to be motivated for this fight and his +250 line makes me wanna risk some $$.

Chuck+last fight+Dana white = motivated Rampage. ( i'm not a rampage fan )

Lyoto already had good TDD. Never hurts to get even better at it though, especially from Chuck.

I kind of thought that Lyoto's TDD was already as good as Chuck's ever was.

Lyoto already had good TDD. Never hurts to get even better at it though, especially from Chuck.

Lyoto's TDD is fine he just need to work on his wrestling and touching up on his BJJ wouldnt hurt him either for this fight.

Lyoto's TDD is fine he just need to work on his wrestling and touching up on his BJJ wouldnt hurt him either for this fight.

you don't think lyoto's bjj is good enough to handle henderson?

I hope Chuck taught Lyoto and Glover how to get that look in their eye >:D

uhhhh doesn't lyoto already have like a top 5 TDD all time?

Don't waste your money on rampage. He's done. Finished.

He was never particularly skilled at anything, but he knew how to win fights with his strength and athleticism. He's getting older and now that his youthful strength is fading, he doesn't have much left to fall back one. It has nothing to do with "motivation". He just can't do it anymore.

uhhhh doesn't lyoto already have like a top 5 TDD all time?

He does, but getting better never hurts.

I think Machida takes the Hendo fight by UD.

you don't think lyoto's bjj is good enough to handle henderson?

I don't think that was his point. I think he means that working his wrestling and BJJ to face Hendo is wise...because it is. It doesn't mean his BJJ isn't good enough to handle him. It seems like your logic suggests he shouldn't bother working his BJJ because he's already better than him. I hope that's not the case.

He looked like crap against Evans, Machida, Hamill, Jones, and Bader. Maybe he just can't hang with the current crop of Light Heavyweights? Maybe his heart just isn't in it? Whatever the case is, his career as a contender is pretty much over.

Well yeah I'm not saying he's a top 10 fighter anymore.

But when it comes down to it...

He was coming off a near 15 month layoff against Rashad.
He BEAT Machida (I know it's highly questionable, but I gave him the 1st & 2nd) and Hamill.
Who doesn't look like crap against Jones?
I would pick a healthy Rampage in a rematch against Bader.

Regardless he's going to have his hands full against Glover and I expect it to be a great fight.

Good to see! thats an awesome group of guys to train with each other

Back