Chris Weidman says he’s a ‘nightmare’ matchup for UFC interim middleweight champion Israel Adesanya

Teh Chris is right. Israel is very good in his area of expertise but I think if Chris was on form, hed chew adesanya up and spit him out.

I'm a big Gastelum fan, but his wrestling is less than stellar. If Weidman gets Israel down, which is a strong possibility, Israel will not pop back up like he's done in the past.

Just curious. If you think Israel would beat Weidman than you obviously have a crush.

Again, do you like long thick schlongs?
Do you like wrestlers who get knocked the fuck out by brazilians who can't box?

Please

LOL @people saying weidman would get knocked out because he lost to top contenders that israel dodged on his journey to getting a title shot.

Chris weidman would win effortlessly.
Weidman is overrated as hell.

Everyone in here so salty..... Read the entire transcript that OP posted. Wiedman is giving Izzy props And everything he said is not wrong.

He really did look sharper. A lot sharper. That’s why I’m not putting much into his loss. He just got caught with a huge punch on the temple.

He didn't just get caught. Jacare started pushing the pace on him towards the end of the second round. Jacare was starting to piece Weidman up in third before he landed the KO shot.

He had a lot of success and showed off improved striking, but his opponent made an adjustment and knocked him out.

hes-right-you-know-32644960.png

Weidman in his prime I would easily pick over Israel.

Chris isn't remotely in him prime and hasn't been for a long while. The dude has had two neck surgeries, and it shows. He's not a nightmare for anyone at this point, just a guy in the last leg of his career as a ranked fighter.

I love Weidman but he just had ANOTHER neck and knee surgery. He's had as many surgeries as Cain. He's not far from done

The only advantage Weidman would have over Adesanya is weight and size.

Weidman hasn't looked the same ever since Rockhold took his soul in front of his father.

Weidman is a nightmare matchup for no one in that division. He's nothing more than a mid level gatekeeper.

He's right, until he gets knocked out.

Chris is a little far away from fighting Israel at this point in time.

And by a little, I mean a lot.

Ahm.. Am I the only one wondering why the muck are we even discussing this?
Do you guys want to see Weidman die in a horrible fashion or something?

I mean... He's 1-4 since the lost the belt (including), every single loss was devastating (the only reason why we'd want him facing Adesanya), and his only win was against Gastellum, who was winning until he wasn't, just to point the irony.

Most fighters in a 1-4 situation are expected to be released, not a top-tier challenge.

i don't know why so many people are counting Weidman out.

he beat Gastelum much easier than Adesanya did. he can also fuck Adesanya up by mixing up the wrestling and striking.

just because Adesanya on paper is the striker doesn't mean he's guaranteed to outstrike Weidman as we saw when Weidman faced Anderson.

all the guys Weidman has been getting KO'd by also have very dynamic grappling/wrestling.

Back