Chris Weidman says he’s a ‘nightmare’ matchup for UFC interim middleweight champion Israel Adesanya

Style would knock him out and still get questioned about his ko power because Weidman has no chin lol

Weed would look ok for 1 round before style takes over and knocks him out. Then his fans would say he was winning until he lost.

Israel has a rough road with Jacare, Weidman, and Yoel in contendership or right around it. Oddly the champ is his easiest matchup.

If he can get him down than yah, but if he can't he's gonna get KO'd standing.

I can see Chris as the favorite because of his experience, wrestling and being a former champion himself. However, he's been getting KO left and right so Izzy knocking him out wouldn't surprise me.
Agree with all this, also Chris has been showing some cardio issues, where Israel has shown he can go five hard rounds.

Adesanya has this natural anti-wrestling potential that isn't fully realized yet, believe it or not

His intercepting knees, his ability to explode/scramble his way back up, his reaction time period...it's crazy

I think Weidman WAS an absolute nightmare matchup for Izzy when he was green...but now?

Now Izzy is a nightmare match up for Weidman, not because Weidman is a lesser fighter than he once was...he's not...in fact, he's technically the best frontrunning version of himself we've seen since his loss to Rockhold.

Izzy is a nightmare match up for Weidman because Chris can't take as much damage as he used to, reacts way worse than he used to, and Izzy is getting better and better at TDD everyday. Everything Weidman is good at now when it comes to striking, Izzy has been good if not great at for over a decade.

Izzy never had shit for TDD and scrambling in the first place too, I'm not saying he's absolutely spectacular at both yet, but before Stylebender hangs them up, it may very well get to that level.

A year or two ago, this might be a harder pick for me, I know Weidman is great at everything offensively...but his durability and defensive tendencies leave me picking Adesanya...

Last edited:
If Adesanya is nice to Weidman he might just submit him instead of brutally elbowing Izzy's face through the canvas
<36><StillMyBoy><RomeroSalute>{<RR}

I cant see this fight happening anytime soon.

Maybe if adesanya loses to Whittaker and chris gets a win

Despite all his losses weidman hasnt really lost value to me as a fan and I look forward to watching his fights

Doesnt he say this about everyone until he is KO'd

3NoiL.gif

I think he'd win rounds from Izzy but eventually get predictable and eat a big knee for it.

Weidman's head is already a magnet for knees.

Weidman sub or late Adesanya T/KO.

Weidman pre romero then sure. Hes been fucked up with bunch of serious injuries since.

He would be before the string of viscous KO losses. I don't think he can take damage as well anymore and Israel will definitely catch him. Not to mention Weidman's long history of neck issues and being injury prone. He did look sharper than ever before Jacare KO'd him though, so its interesting.

He's nowhere near deserving of that fight though.
He really did look sharper. A lot sharper. That’s why I’m not putting much into his loss. He just got caught with a huge punch on the temple.

Maybe Weidman should focus on beating a Brad Tavares or Uriah Hall for right now.

If Adesanya is nice to Weidman he might just submit him instead of brutally elbowing Izzy's face through the canvas
<36><StillMyBoy><RomeroSalute>{<RR}
Adesanya is a blue belt under Andre Galvao... Chris Weidman as a blue belt arguably submitted Andre Galvao in competition (or at best Andre phantom tapped). Israel is not even in the same league as The Chris in terms of grappling.

Back