Chris Weidman: 'Insecure' Luke Rockhold doesn't really believe he can beat me

I'm getting a weird man crush vibe from Weidman and Rockhold. I'm half excepting them to pull a Herring/Nakao.

I've seen gayer statements in sherdog.

Screen_Shot_2013-06-07_at_12.33.20_PM.png

lol sir this made my day

So many ,probably young, immature people posting in here....I think Weidman is confident and mature enough of himself to say these things of Luke..

Weidman is probably better at most things but Luke always brings a bag of tricks.
Should be a good fight. I wouldn't bet on it, either way.

Weidman is probably better at most things but Luke always brings a bag of tricks.
Should be a good fight. I wouldn't bet on it, either way.

This right here.

I am a fan of Weidman, and fully beleive he can win this fight, but no way in hell would I put money on it. It's going to be a great fight between to great fighters, so we all win in the end I think.

During the fight, Weidman will be mesmerized by Luke's beautiful face and body and it will cost him his belt.

Weidman's just calling him a pretty boy and a kid. Just some good natured, passive-aggressive barbs to get in Luke's head a little.

I know the idea of this fight being homo-erotic gets Sherdog rock hard, though, so sorry to disappoint. Sherdog is gay.

Sherdog be like : Sexiest fighter in MMA? Sexyama mmmm sexy boytoy rawr rawr

Sherdog reaction to Weidman comments about Rockhold : Weidman is so gay.

Sherdog, you never disappoint.

Rockhold wins by TKO due to Weidman creaming his pants? Seriously though I think it's a tough matchup for Chris but I also think people underestimate him and even if he does lose, I think it will be a pretty close fight.(hoping Weidman KOs him though)

The Just Bleed God cannot wait to see these two bodies collide in lubricated combat...

Lol heard that segment too. Was a little surprised that Weidman was talking about his "legacy" being cemented if he walks through Luke, and then he implied he will start taking super fights. He even said something about him being the greatest MW ever....really??? The dude has defended his belt 3 fucking times...he only has 13 pro fights overall and he is the greatest of all time?? Please Chris...stop talking lol. And he wonders why the UFC doesn't promote him like Ronda or Conor, and he can't headline a card by himself. Dude is a straight up meat-head with the personality of a Coors Light can. Really good fighter, but I doubt he will ever be in any GOAT conversations.

I think Weidman is using a reverse psychology here, and that really in his mind he is worried about Rockhold, not the other way around. He is not stupid, he has seen how amazing Rockhold has looked lately.

And this is coming from someone who thinks Weidman is the most talented fighter ever.

Rockhold got KO'd. Weidman has owned everyone put in front of him. I'm sure if anyone's over thinking, it's Luke Rockhold.

Legacy: the fighter creates their own, not the fans... by definition it's what you'll be known/defined for (to those that inferred incorrectly that Chris is a GOAT... he's not boasting but describing his own situation matter of factly,every champion has their own legacy)

Homo issue: Chris would be potentially gay if he wasn't an MMA champ stating this in public about a guy that he wants to inflict violence upon... it's called being FACETIOUS and propping something up that he'll beat up, is far from being gay. A family man with 3 daughters is articulating his POV with what the British call it, "takin' da piss". He's also so sure of his heterosexuality that he feels he can get away with saying stuff like that and being ok with it as a straight man. To think otherwise...is all YOU.

Not everyone is a Conor: to those who think Chris is like a Coors light can and isn't marketable are ignorant. Are the majority of MMA fighters like Chris or Conor? If it's Chris, then the majority make up a lot of light beer personalities. Ya see, I think UFC is still learning the mktg game and ought to learn much from the WWE, where everyone is a star. But that's rly not comparable as that's scripted, manipulated theatre. Also, the vast majority would not want to do all the PR and endure that stress/time/energy and away from training with so many commitments. I'm sure Chris has a fair share of media/interviews to do since he's champ. Being an mma fighter doesn't automatically mean you're an attention whore or need to become one. I would say that Chris has a 'brighter' personality than say, Fedor or Cain or RDA or Aldo. Do any of you have a problem with them as just being fighters?

Back