Chris Weidman: "If I get my hands on Anderson Silva, it's game over."

bisping will get the next shot and that's IF he beats Belfort, which I doubt he will.

The spider will wait.

Lombard vs Weidman - battle of hype trains

That would be fun to see, Weidman would probably muscle him down with his size though probably.

belfort or lombard would beat weidman
no need for anderson

I don't think Lombard would get a chance to touch it. Weidman would keep taking him down over and over again.

Weidman by UD

:) You are funny. Weidman isn't a takedown machine, he always tries to strike first, plus Lombard TDD is GREAT.

"I have the reaction time and the understanding of stand-up to where I'm not going to get knocked out from out of nowhere"

It's not nowhere Chris, it's the Matrix.

And Anderson will knock you out of it.

What was it that Bonnar said to Dana? Something along the lines of "It was unreal. I've never felt like that in a fight before"

And Bonnar is a vet with many fights under his belt in all sorts of circumstances all over the world.

Can't wait to see Chris "9 fights" Weidman take his turn.

i really want to see this fight, with wrestling ability and submissionm game he could pose problems for anderson, that being said anderson is anderson and wopuld probably destroy him, your stupid to bet against him

belfort or lombard would beat weidman
no need for anderson

Belfort got taken down and controlled by Rumble Johnson and Hendo. Weidman is a better wrestler and grappler than both.

Acting like Belfort would run through him is lunacy.

Too bad he will be out cold way before he gets his chance to put his hands on the Spider

Nothing wrong with Weidman being confident. I'd like to see him win another fight before getting his shot though. As much as I respect Maia and Munoz as fighters beating them certainly shouldn't guarantee anyone a shot at the belt. He should face the winner of Vitor/Bisping in a #1 contender bout

He would go down, but he would make a fight of it though

I think so too. I think Weidman would put up a good scrap but get outclassed in the striking dept.

Silva TKO - Knees + Punches

I agree that hes a better version of Chael and poses some real problems for Anderson. Hes fast, strong, has subs, ko power, and is a pretty good striker

20054975.jpg

Same old song and dance. Why should anyone give this gravity?

People only think they want to fight Andy. Once the cage closes it's a different story. I want to see this fight, but wouldn't mind seeing more of Weidman first. Just because he dominated Munoz, doesn't make it the Weidman era. He does seem like a good respectful guy, and has great skill and potential, but what happens to his career after Anderson makes him look foolish, and he has nothing to offer him. He may never be able to get his confidence back, and start losing to lesser opponents. He needs to keep beating guys up, and build his name more first, before he gets labeled as that guy Anderson beat up that one time. IMO However if he did somehow win, none of that would matter, but his chances are slim.

he should have said this instead:

"When I get my hands on Anderson Silva, it's game over."

instead of If

I agree, saying IF usually indicates there is some doubt in his mind. But what do I know. I think weidman is as nightmare matchup for Anderson as it comes but I think he still pulls off a TKO

Last edited:
Correction:

Chris Weidman: "If I manage to get my hands on Anderson Silva for 5 rounds, it's UD."

The problem is Silva only needs to get his hand on you for a split second. :icon_lol:

I like Weidman a lot. He has tons of potential but I could see Anderson just destroy this guy just like everyone else. Silva is literally the best fighter we have seen to date. Did I mention I hate Silva either? I hate him because he really is that good and its no fair to the rest of us.

People only think they want to fight Andy. Once the cage closes it's a different story. I want to see this fight, but wouldn't mind seeing more of Weidman first. Just because he dominated Munoz, doesn't make it the Weidman era. He does seem like a good respectful guy, and has great skill and potential, but what happens to his career after Anderson makes him look foolish, and he has nothing to offer him. He may never be able to get his confidence back, and start losing to lesser opponents. He needs to keep beating guys up, and build his name more first, before he gets labeled as that guy Anderson beat up that one time. IMO However if he did somehow win, none of that would matter, but his chances are slim.

"He was never that good, another handpicked fighter..."

Back