Chris Weidman: "If I get my hands on Anderson Silva, it's game over."

overrated overhyped fighter is overrated and overhyped

im begining to think weedman is more delusional than chaels trolling

Weidman looks amazing so far, the elbow he landed on Munoz to drop him was superb.

BUT, a points win over Maia (who was unable to be competitive with Silva and now fights at 170) and a win over Munoz (overrated fighter who was KO'd by Hamill and beaten by Okami) does not prove you are ready to be in with Silva.

I believe Weidman is good enough to challenge Anderson, but I'd like to see him have one other fight against another top contender to prove it, as Maia and Munoz were not top 5 mw's IMO.

I believe Vitor Belfort was the perfect fight to see if Weidman was the real deal, but that's off the table now I suppose, so once CW is back I'd like to see him face Alan Belcher in a #1 contender fight (that's if Belcher does beat Okami, as I expect him to).

Source: Chris Weidman: "If I get my hands on Anderson Silva, it's game over."

I have come to the conclusion Anderson Silva is an alien and can't be put unconscious, but I do believe Weidman would out wrestle him for five rounds and beat him. He is a better version of Chael Sonnen who gave Silva trouble in the past.

Hopefully Weidman vs. Silva is announced. Is the fight fan's want to see! I know i do.

How can he make such a statement when he didn't fight anybody relevant??

Bisping on one hand fought Chael,Hendo,Stann,is fighting Vitor and Weidman is acting like he's the best ever ducking every good middleweight taking the Boetsch fight??Is he serious??

The guy was called out by Bisping,Vitor and Belcher and took the Boetsch fight...No wonder he looks to be unbeatable in his fights.
Give Bisping Munoz and he would look like he could knock Anderson out easily.

Ok, I am now in favor of this fight. I hope Anderson drops everything he's doing, puts off any other fights, and beats the living shit out of this f'ing guy. I'm tired of his entitled attitude and his fans delusion.

Make it happen Dana.

I don't think Lombard would get a chance to touch it. Weidman would keep taking him down over and over again.

Weidman by UD

he'd struggle to get Lombard down imo. I think Lombard's a bad matchup for Weidman

Of course Weidman is gonna talk all this shit just to get a fight. He wants a big payday. He'll go in there and lose and none of his words will matter.

Really sick of Weidman running his mouth and talking shit. I don't think he's done anywhere near enough to be talking about Silva like this or deserve a title shot, but in a way I hope he gets his wish, just to see Silva smash him up.

Let me guess...

Bohoooo that Weidman is a dick because he wants to fight Anderson, got into the sport to be the best, and thinks he can win...

Obviously another reasonable position from Silva's finest.

Back