Media Chris Weidman has no interest in Anderson Silva Rematch

He's got nothing to gain and EVERYTHING to lose. His only major accomplishment in the UFC beyond providing brutal KO highlight reel material to various fighters is beating the Spider 2x. If they fight today I HAVE to think Anderson takes it and then The Chris has nothing left but CTE. I feel for him - he seems like a nice guy but what he's doing to his brain is criminal.

It’s kind of sad that Chris Weidman’s career is in a worse state than Anderson Silva’s
I just don't think that Chris realizes that he is really quite likely to lose this weekend's fight.

Akhemdov is a tough dude, he hits hard, he is a 6foot tall Dagestani FFS and I just don't think Chris has fully realized that he will probably lose yet again. I re-watched Akhmedov's fight (victory) against Ian Heinisch yesterday.

Now...I HOPE for his sake that he can finally get a victory again but I just don't see that happening.

I'm picking Akhmedov by decision, or even Akhmedov by KO.
(Sorry Chris, I do hope you can find a way to get a W.)

even a shot Weidman KO's Anderson

3sIz.gif
I bet Weidman misses 2013 a lot.

You’d think Dana would give him “the talk” with that record.
What happened was Dana was walking across the room to sit down with Weidman and have "the talk" but then Matt Serra suddenly sprang out from behind a cupboard, double-legged Dana and arm-barred him until Dana tapped, got up and walked out of the room.

and so ...here we are.

Even so, Anderson has been competitive vs the best in the world while taking limited damage. It would be a facinating fight. I suspect Chris is not interested because he doesn't want to risk losing to Anderson.
Limited damage? He has the most horrific injury in 20 year history that men his age dont usually come back fighting after. What you talking about Willis

I'd love to see it just to see the place get crazy with Silva pride only to have it come crashing down when he loses to Weidman a third time. Then the exucse for a third loss will come rolling in and people will demand a fourth fight.

Would be hilarious if Chris leg kicked Anderson once and Anderson rolled over and quit like he did vs Jared.

That beat Silva rockhold and hendo going in. Good one bud
The whole cherry picking thing is revisionist BS by Idiot GSP haters. The odds were about even and the polls were as well ahead of the fight. It was only after the fight that his haters started selling the cherry picking story. They’re pathetic.

If @TheSpider had been a fan at the time, he would have picked Bisping to win too.

2020 anderson destroys 2020 chris
BOOK IT DANA
WINNER FIGHTS SHOGUN

Why would he? The Chris destroyed him back to back

Even if Chris wins I have no interest in seeing them fight again either.

We’ve already had Shamrock-Ortiz. We don’t need another one sided trilogy.

Weidmans been fighting the killers of the divisions ever since he beat Silva, a 3rd match would be about right considering both of their careers, feels like his ko’s are on the same level as rockhold in terms of career damage

It’s a very winnable fight for Anderson and Weidman has everything to lose. I understand Chris doesn’t want to risk his biggest win but this is the only fight to make that is very interesting.

Back