Chris Lytle tells us there's a chance he may come back to MMA

well if you watch the vid, he says he basicially aint coming back barring a last second replacement where the ufc cant find anyone but it would have to be someone who comes to fight like nick diaz.

and to be fair, his retirement was always conditional on this. I doubt it will happen, he doubts it will happen, but for real one of the best retirement fights in history. went out like a boss. hall of fame career imo

i doubt he comes back

he should enjoy retirement...he went out with a bang and will be remembered as a real badass

Lytle is the man and definitely has fights left in him, no question. But his ending was perfect and he should stay retired on that high note.

people seem to forget that when most of their money is made from fighting and then they retire, that they're not going to be getting paychecks anymore. Announcing your retirement is silly in MMA. I don't know how many fighters have "retired" and stayed retired. you gotta do what you gotta do for that money. lytle will be back.

He should stay retired. His final match in the UFC was a glorious and moving night for me as a fan and a dream way to go out.

But if he comes back anyway, war lytle!!!

Carlos destroys him. TKO/KO for the first time in Lytles career IMO.

He really should just stay retired.

After his long layoff, maybe. Had he fought him during the times they were scheduled to fight, doubtful. Not saying Carlos wouldn't have one, but destroy? No.

While I do feel a little bit of MMA died the day Lytle retired, he needs to stay retired. The man went out on a higher note than 99% of all "greats" in all combat sports. He needs to leave it that way IMO.

He made more in bonuses than some people make in a lifetime. If he spends it well he shouldn't need any money.

This

Chris Lytle is definitely the George Chuvalo of MMA (and it's not an insult)

He has a great chin and beat all the guys he should have beat, but lost to the top contenders

I like how this interview quickly ended up just being Lytle talking about Nick Diaz.

I would love to see him come back just for his style and and how tough of a fighter he is,

I would love to see him come back just for his style and and how tough of a fighter he is,

He is my favorite fighter ever and I never had the chance to see him fight live, so if its an east coast show I'm all for unretiring. Otherwise, he should stay retired. It must be tough to see Matt brown and hardy on winning streaks though, knowing he can still hang in the UFC.

people seem to forget that when most of their money is made from fighting and then they retire, that they're not going to be getting paychecks anymore. Announcing your retirement is silly in MMA. I don't know how many fighters have "retired" and stayed retired. you gotta do what you gotta do for that money. lytle will be back.

Well Lytle if I recall right was never a "full time" fighter in the UFC.
I think he had a pretty good job at the ire department in his home town and fought the UFC on the side.

I am a huge fan of Lytle. Great guy and he is missed in MMA.
But as said he should stay retired, but a "guest appearance" as a last min replacement as he says would not be too bad.

this. he may be the .01% of fighters that do the right thing. To leave before they decline. hes got nothing left to prove.

Uhhh nothing left to prove?

He was 10-10 in the UFC, never won a title...still a LOT to prove to himself.. perhaps not us fans as he was an absolute warrior and brought it to every fight.

Most of his fights were of high entertainment value!!Yeah he never fought for a belt but ill take a Lytle fight over a title fight any day!

Lytle personifies the warrior mindset, he steps into the cage, goes to war and whatever happens thereafter, win, lose or draw the guy gets everyone on the edge of their seat. Wouldn't mind seeing him test the fortitude of some up and coming welterweights

Back