Chris Benoit a decade later.

I dont think I've ever typed that much letters in my whole life on the internet

Orton got the strap because Vince was still rustled over Brock leaving for the NFL and didn't want him to be the youngest world champion in company history any longer.

Orton got the strap because Vince was still rustled over Brock leaving for the NFL and didn't want him to be the youngest world champion in company history any longer.
That's a reason. There were several.

I mean, I know Meltzer likes to make them sound inept and silly by putting shit out there like that and acting like that's the only reason. Case in point, the TJ Perkins name change...

They were rolling the dice on Orton exploding as a baby face with the title win, and they weren't wrong to think it because he was winning the crowd over as I heal with the RKO and the athleticism. It's sad that he peeked so early, I wasn't watching so I couldn't tell you when, but when I picked back up in 2010 Randy Orton was not the spectacle that I had predicted he would be.

I dont think I've ever typed that much letters in my whole life on the internet

I figured, if I'm going to do this I'm going to do it all the way. I researched and dug into this over the course of many years, not so I could write some kind of essay, but just to get answers for myself. It was just so mysterious for a long time and as time went on more and more little tiny details began to come out through shoot interviews and whatnot.

I saw this thread and just decided to do it on the fly, but I could probably refine it and make it a little bit more concise as time goes on, but I'm not sure it's that important seeing as it's just my view of the situation after processing everything that I heard and read from the people that knew him and Nancy.

Subject doesn't bother me. I don't think he was born a deranged person but rather succumbed to a very serious brain injury that probably could have been detected and all of this prevented.

Last edited:
My thumb broke while scrolling down here

He wasnt good, he was boring as shit
No charisma, no flash, no pizzazz, no nothing
If you wanna say he was good at doing moves, yea so was Bret Hart and its not a coincidence that Bret was the top guy when the company was in the toilet
Rasslin is about more than doing fancy arm and leg twists or whatever the fuck his move was and Benoit had none of the other stuff

He was alright but yeah pretty much Kurt Angle without the personality

Benoit was always one of the best workers during the WWE/WCW Monday night Wars era and then when he was full time with WWE.

He should've jumped ship to the WWE much sooner. He would've fit in so much better.

He could've been part of Bret Harts Canadian squad as a heel. Feuding with DX and Austin, Foley, Then Turn face and have a legendary match against Bret Hart for the title and win.

Yea good men always murder their children

You must be thick as shit, cos you missed entirely the point of what I was saying.

Let me CAPSLOCK this so your dumbass can get it this time.

I PREFER TO BELIEVE THAT THE REAL MAN WAS LOST - FROM YEARS OF DRUG ABUSE AND BLOWS TO THE HEAD - AND HIS FINAL ACTIONS WERE NOT THE 'REAL CHRIS BENOIT'. THIS WAS CORROBORATED BY MANY OF HIS PEERS SAYING HE'D BE THE LAST PERSON TO DO THIS, SO THEY THOUGHT. MENTAL ILLNESS WAS TO BLAME.

Got it fatso?

Don't reply dickhead, it won't be read and you're obviously a Benoit hater and thick as shit.

Last edited:
You must be thick as shit, cos you missed entirely the point of what I was saying.

I PREFER TO BELIEVE THAT THE REAL MAN WAS LOST - FROM YEARS OF DRUG ABUSE AND BLOWS TO THE HEAD - AND HIS FINAL ACTIONS WERE NOT THE 'REAL CHRIS BENOIT'. THIS WAS CORROBORATED BY MANY OF HIS PEERS SAYING HE'D BE THE LAST PERSON TO DO THIS, SO THEY THOUGHT. MENTAL ILLNESS WAS TO BLAME.

Got it fatso?

Don't reply dickhead, it won't be read and you're obviously a Benoit hater and thick as shit.

The keeping it here including too much nuance in a scenario where people want the answer to be clear and simple.

But honestly, the situation is even more nuanced than what you're describing here.

Chris Benoit was in and out of his mind depending on factors that no one really knows. Course he did not lose his mind, kill Nancy, killed Daniel, and then kill himself and that was it. He might have snapped or whatever you want to call it with Nancy, but the rest is premeditated.

I believe it was even after Daniel was killed that he either text or called Chavo to tell them that the family had food poisoning and that he still intended to make it to the event.

So it's not so easy to just say he wasn't Chris Benoit anymore. But the brain damage and the drugs and the heated marriage, you at all of those factors together and what you got was anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes of that is violence where Chris may or may not have been out of his mind temporarily. I believe he snapped, did it, and spent the rest of the weekend contemplating how he was going to fix the situation and save his life and eventually came to the conclusion that it was either death, prison, or try to be out on the Run when you're a d-list celebrity.

Got it fatso?

You can believe whatever you want, doesnt make it true
He killed his child, hes a piece a shit
Lol at "it was corroborated by his peers" so it must be true
Yea you never see people on the news saying "he was such a nice boy I cant believe he did this" right after someone murders their whole family, that never happens
Gullible ass

Whats with the anger though?
You seem really uptight
Maybe you shoud try yoga

He wasnt good, he was boring as shit
No charisma, no flash, no pizzazz, no nothing
If you wanna say he was good at doing moves, yea so was Bret Hart and its not a coincidence that Bret was the top guy when the company was in the toilet
Rasslin is about more than doing fancy arm and leg twists or whatever the fuck his move was and Benoit had none of the other stuff
Bret Hart and Chris Benoit sucked. Got it.

giphy.gif

incredulous-cabin-boy-oh-brother-3orieTLuLv7piizGs8

You can believe whatever you want, doesnt make it true
He killed his child, hes a piece a shit
Lol at "it was corroborated by his peers" so it must be true
Yea you never see people on the news saying "he was such a nice boy I cant believe he did this" right after someone murders their whole family, that never happens
Gullible ass

Whats with the anger though?
You seem really uptight
Maybe you shoud try yoga

Pliny showing his age by letting us know his opinion is set in stone and not to be bothered by petty little nuances.

Perhaps if Chris Benoit had wrestled back in the territories you would feel more of a connection to him and be able to open your eyes a little bit more.

Not that I can claim to know how much more than the next guy, I just don't look at it and impossible to understand situation, act like I know the definitive answer, and just slappa crazy evil label on it and move on.

Sounds like an old George W bush approach to a scenario. "He was evil! That's it!"

personally, I believe that he shouldn't have done it.

Pliny showing his age by letting us know his opinion is set in stone and not to be bothered by petty little nuances.

Perhaps if Chris Benoit had wrestled back in the territories you would feel more of a connection to him and be able to open your eyes a little bit more.

Not that I can claim to know how much more than the next guy, I just don't look at it and impossible to understand situation, act like I know the definitive answer, and just slappa crazy evil label on it and move on.

Sounds like an old George W bush approach to a scenario. "He was evil! That's it!"
It sounds like youre just trying to rationalize and explain it away because he was a hero of yours so you can tell yourself hes not that bad, hes just sick
I dont give a shit if he was the star pitcher of my beloved SF Giants and he won 10 World Series in a row, it wouldnt change what he did
It doesnt matter what the nuances are, if you harm a child you're the lowest of the low scum of the earth
It doesnt matter if youre sick, your neurons aint firing correctly or you were abused as a child and you're trying to ease the pain inside yourself
Everybody has reasons for everything they do but at the end of the day you are what you are

personally, I believe that he shouldn't have done it.
I dont know, apparently thats still not settled science if you listen to the internet
Maybe the kid came at him first

It sounds like youre just trying to rationalize and explain it away because he was a hero of yours so you can tell yourself hes not that bad, hes just sick
I dont give a shit if he was the star pitcher of my beloved SF Giants and he won 10 World Series in a row, it wouldnt change what he did
It doesnt matter what the nuances are, if you harm a child you're the lowest of the low scum of the earth
It doesnt matter if youre sick, your neurons aint firing correctly or you were abused as a child and you're trying to ease the pain inside yourself
Everybody has reasons for everything they do but at the end of the day you are what you are

We could go back and forth on it, but that's all that would end up happening. I'm not claiming any inside knowledge, but I went after every piece of knowledge that could possibly be out there see if maybe there was an answer that could be put together.

There isn't. So I don't know why anyone has to pretend like they have one. But your approach is what the majority wants to do, either he was completely innocent due to XYZ in the wrestling business, or he was an evil sadistic asshole that should be erased.

Well, he's been erased. But I really do Wonder how people can think they can be so sure about anything in a situation like that, with so many factors and unknowns. I from Indiana, big conservative country, where everyone has everything figured out based off minimum information. So it's a pet peeve of mine and it's a type of thinking that I believe two people with minimal education and old age.

You're a really smart guy, I trust that you can figure it out without me going back to edit it. I mean, you solved the Benoit murders.

Back