• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Choose!

The fridge jumps out, but really the smartphone is the most valuable. Having the Internet/endless information on how to craft tools, plant seeds, grow vegetables, mining, metallurgy, how to build a blast furnace, how to construct cabins, etc.

Some of this can be figured out on one's own, but having an immediate information source would expedite the process exponentially, and would make it quicker to fulfill basic needs. Not to mention medicine and injuries (IE: what to do when you cut an artery vs. cutting a vein, how to stop bleeding, how to stop infection, uses of eucalyptus, basic chemistry to make medicine, etc).

You need seeds to plant shit... You need tools to craft shit. You don't have a home Depot or chem lab on the island.

At best you would make a stick with a rock on it attached by some lashing.

The phone. Need to keep that post count up.

Definitely the fridge I love to eat.

Its a difficult choice between the girl and the phone.

Man, at first I thought it was just the tent vs the phone, and I was like, "Duh, the phone!" It says you can't use the phone to triangulate so it can't be used to rescue you... but it can be used to call for help. The search party can come for you and you can find other ways of triangulating your position. Even using star maps would allow you to find where in the world you are based on observing the constellations the way that sailors used to navigate. Even if that was somehow disallowed, it's still way better than the tent just because the phone is an endless source of entertainment and you can use it as a tool (it's virtually indestructible, a mirror, etc) and to research survival techniques and such. So, tent is out, since I'd just build my own shelter which really isn't that hard. Then, the tools were tempting because I thought they'd probably be more immediately useful for survival, but if I'm there for 20 years, the phone's still better. When "girl" showed up, I was like "winner!" So what if she's average? She's company. It would suck to be utterly alone for that long, even with the phone. Also, the razors, hygiene and beauty products could be useful. Then I saw the food which would pretty much guarantee survival in relative comfort aside from crushing loneliness. From a survival perspective, I'd take the fridge. Ultimately, though, I don't want to spend the next 10-20 years alone, so I'd take the girl but with phone as a close second.

tl;dr: Girl.

Fridge. Most survivalist spend the majority of their time securing food and water. It's an ongoing process. Day in and day out. Even with the tools, hunting, fishing, gathering, and finding water would be one Hell of an effort. Food would never be guaranteed. A fridge stocked with unlimited food would allow you to focus time and energy on other endeavors.

My second choice would definitely be the tent. It's amazing how shitty the elements can be and in a tropical environment, it's likely to rain A LOT.

Average girl. You two trapped will become close and she will want sex. Also, another human being for company beats being alone for an entire year. Might as well spend the year talking to someone, sharing stories, hitting it, and having someone to do things with.

You need seeds to plant shit... You need tools to craft shit. You don't have a home Depot or chem lab on the island.

At best you would make a stick with a rock on it attached by some lashing.

That's just where you'd start. Assuming a decent wilderness habitat, you could have a shelter, rope, pottery, bow and arrow, and a furnace inside of weeks. If there were other resources like iron ore and flint, you could do a lot with that as well. One person doesn't need all that much in terms of resources to survive, so you probably don't even need to farm, although that could improve quality of life, potentially.

Fridge obviously. Everything else can be fabricated.

Except the girl, but who cares... I'd rather jerk off every day than get some bitch I'd get tired of listening to, preggo while stranded on an island.

Actually, I think getting her preggo would be cool. We could have a little Swiss Family Robinson dealio going on. It'd be cool to have a kid and raise them up in the wilderness. And by the time we made it out, it really wouldn't be too late for them to get an education and we could move on with life normally.

Where does the girl come from? Does the wizard just kidnap her from somewhere? I don't think she would be very happy about it and especially not with you who directly caused her to be kidnapped.

Or does the wizard create her for this specific purpose? What kind of knowledge does she posses? Can she speak? Can she function as a normal person? Has she fake memories or does she know that she was created for this singular purpose?

Average girl. You two trapped will become close and she will want sex. Also, another human being for company beats being alone for an entire year. Might as well spend the year talking to someone, sharing stories, hitting it, and having someone to do things with.

I agree, but it's actually 10-20 years, not a single year.

Also, the phone would allow for human contact at least from afar, and you could pick and choose. Even call family and friends to keep in touch, face-time, etc. If it was just one year, I'd take the phone for its survival benefits and I can be otherwise alone for a year without going insane. 10-20 would be more spirit crushing.

Where does the girl come from? Does the wizard just kidnap her from somewhere? I don't think she would be very happy about it and especially not with you who directly caused her to be kidnapped.

Or does the wizard create her for this specific purpose? What kind of knowledge does she posses? Can she speak? Can she function as a normal person? Has she fake memories or does she know that she was created for this singular purpose?

Maybe she was going to be hit by a car or thrown overboard at sea and killed and the Wizard knows this and will teleport her there the moment she would die. Or maybe your possibilities. I think the moral implications of that choice should just be left at neutral, though. It's about what you would prefer to have with you. But interesting thoughts that went beyond the framing of the question.

The Smartphone, if it has internet then people would search for me using weather patterns as clues and other various things. The wizard is being a dick saying itll take 10 years. I'd still post here too.

I can build a great living space with help from the internet.

Weapons, ill make with help via the internet.

Tools ill make as i need them with help from the internet.

Girl, meh, ill get by with internet girls.

Fridge, would be nice but i know the smartphone will save me within 30 days.

Has to be the fridge. Have you seen humans hunt in naked and afraid?

They can't catch anything. Everything is too fast for them.

If you don't have weapons that is.

The phone would probably keep you sane though.

I'll take the magically indestructible average girl. Would be cool to use her as a crash test dummy.

I would take the average girl.

I'd pick the girl only to keep me from going coo coo for Cocoa Puffs.

The Smartphone, if it has internet then people would search for me using weather patterns as clues and other various things. The wizard is being a dick saying itll take 10 years. I'd still post here too.

I can build a great living space with help from the internet.

Weapons, ill make with help via the internet.

Tools ill make as i need them with help from the internet.

Girl, meh, ill get by with internet girls.

Fridge, would be nice but i know the smartphone will save me within 30 days.

This. Incredibly useful tool. Siri got that shit on lock.

Back