Chipper jones 1st ballot

edit: Lol, I thought you were saying he WAS 1st ballot.
IDK, I'm a Braves fan, and not a very good one, so I'm biased.

Did he hit .400? Then no. Only .400 for LF/3B.

If he could have played two more years he would have reached the 3000 hit and the 500 hr club.

I would say, no.

It's pretty much a given Craig Biggio becomes a Hall of famer this year.

Biggio will get in this year for sure. It's a shame Bagwell isn't in yet.

Yes. Lifetime .303 hitter, over .400 obp, .930 ops. Close to 3000 and 500. MVP winner who received votes most of his career. Tons of postseason achievements, including a ring. Never linked to the roids investigations that i recall. Unless i'm mistaken about the roids, he's a slam dunk.

Still always felt it was sad calling a grown man Chipper.

According to baseball reference, his most similar hitters were:
Sheffield
Mel ott
Al kaline
Schmidt
Bagwell
Billy williams
Mantle
Manny ramirez
Eddie matthews
Griffey

All no doubt hofers or would be if not busted for roids.

How is piazza not in yet? Yes he was a defensive liability, but he's easily the best hitting catcher in mlb history and second only to josh gibson.

Biggio and bagwell should both be in and i'll lose my mind if raines never gets in.

It's a shame Piazza isn't in yet.

I think he should be in as well. You can't use the steroid shit when the dude has never got popped.They let fucking Frank Thomas in and he probably had a BALCO lab in his house.

I think he should be in as well. You can't use the steroid shit when the dude has never got popped.They let fucking Frank Thomas in and he probably had a BALCO lab in his house.

That's what I don't get. He'll probably get in this year but should have been a first ballot hof'er. I the voters are really canning it up and this rule of 10 needs to go. You'll see some players start losing votes because of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back