Chipper jones 1st ballot

That's what I don't get. He'll probably get in this year but should have been a first ballot hof'er. I the voters are really canning it up and this rule of 10 needs to go. You'll see some players start losing votes because of it.

The baseball voters are a bunch of bitter old cans. If someone fucked them over on an interview they don't vote for them or obviously the steroid suspicions. The whole system needs to be rehauled imo. Half of these guys shouldn't still have a vote.

agreed. it's one of the reason why baseball is falling behind in popularity. they value too much of the old shit and are afraid of change.

I was always under the impression that Chipper was best 3rd baseman of his generation.

Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, John Smoltz, & Craig Biggio were 2015 Hall of fame inductees.

Piazza and Bags should eventually get in.

http://baseballhall.org/hof/class-of-2015

I think Chipper will get in first ballot. He doesn't have the random stigma attached to him like Piazza and Bagwell.

I find it odd that Biggio is in before Bagwell, since Bagwell was the Astros best player every year during that period. The irony is that Bagwell is not in because he hit too many homeruns while Biggio was not a power hitter.

I think Chipper will get in first ballot. He doesn't have the random stigma attached to him like Piazza and Bagwell.

I find it odd that Biggio is in before Bagwell, since Bagwell was the Astros best player every year during that period. The irony is that Bagwell is not in because he hit too many homeruns while Biggio was not a power hitter.

Bags also played 1st which has a million great hitters, whereas 2nd doesn't. But it's ridiculous that Bagwell and Piazza are held out merely on suspicions. Piazza wasn't even named in the Mitchell report or any of the subsequent investigations. There is literally no evidence of anything except he was a great hitter in the steroid era. Best hitting catcher ever by a mile. Don't care that he was a defensive minus. Clear cut HOFer.

Back