Chinese tourists

Chinese tourists outside of China really aren't much different from any other east Asians in my experience but that's probably because there all pretty middle class.

Actually in China its a bit weird as everyone does the kinds of things on holiday you'd normally expect only the middle classes to do, walking up mountains and the like rather than lazing on beaches. Seeing legions of chain smoking Chinese tourists dressed like there going to church desperate sucking on oxygen bottles in some Tibtian national park is a strange sight.

Good thing I'v found though is everyone does dam near the same thing, makes it very easy to get off the beaten track.

again, no common sense.
'The World's Most Dangerous Mountain' is mainly so dangerous coz half the fucking locals visiting the place turn up in work clothes, with little to no water or basic necessities. Women climb the fucking thing in high heels and strappy dresses and people are walking around oblivious to the fact they are on a treacherous mountain, taking selfies without looking they are going.

Some of the most intelligent (academically) but downright pigshit thick (street smarts and common sense) people I've ever been around in my life. I'm surprised there's so many of them to be honest - they should be dropping like flies over there given the way they wander around.

Lol I'm not racist but. . . . Blank race is bad at this and that and I hate them.

Only kidding ts I am totally emphatic with the topic and have noticed a lot of bad habits. Littering and a disregard for wildlife for 1. It's not like people are inherently evil it's just poor upbringing.
LI is asian, if it matters.

Without a doubt the people that hate Mainlanders the most are Hong Kong. If you talk shit about Mainland Chinese to a HK person, they'll look around to see if there are any Mainlanders near by, then scowl and talk shit about Mainlanders who come to HK and buy up all the Baby formula.

Younger educated Mainlanders from Tier 1 cities (Shanghai, Beijing) are usually okay, it's the older generation and people from the smaller cities that are the terrible ones.

Without a doubt the people that hate Mainlanders the most are Hong Kong. If you talk shit about Mainland Chinese to a HK person, they'll look around to see if there are any Mainlanders near by, then scowl and talk shit about Mainlanders who come to HK and buy up all the Baby formula.

Younger educated Mainlanders from Tier 1 cities (Shanghai, Beijing) are usually okay, it's the older generation and people from the smaller cities that are the terrible ones.
fb33f5b6-c382-11e6-85c8-a5c9105fe082_1280x720.JPG

again, no common sense.
'The World's Most Dangerous Mountain' is mainly so dangerous coz half the fucking locals visiting the place turn up in work clothes, with little to no water or basic necessities. Women climb the fucking thing in high heels and strappy dresses and people are walking around oblivious to the fact they are on a treacherous mountain, taking selfies without looking they are going.

Some of the most intelligent (academically) but downright pigshit thick (street smarts and common sense) people I've ever been around in my life. I'm surprised there's so many of them to be honest - they should be dropping like flies over there given the way they wander around.

Again I think because visiting famous scenic locations is so culturally important you have a lot of people visiting them who have little or no experience of serious outdoor pursuits, the kind of people who in Europe would be lazing on some Spanish beach.

Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong national parks in northern Sichuan definitely stood out for me, there getting over 3000 meters up and whilst the walking isn't THAT long distant a sudden bizzard could catch a lot of them out.

Mainland Chinese tourists are looked down upon by EVERYONE. Even the other Asian groups - Hong Kong, Koreans, Japanese, Taiwanese, Thai, etc.

Even the Chinese from the large cities like Shanghai and Beijing can't stand them - rude, pushy, entitled, loud, spitting on street, picking nose, etc.

What happened essentially is that the white trash of China - countryside folk all of a sudden went from dirt poor to middle class. Money to travel.

Additionally, Mao essentially eradicated traditional "Confucian" values like respect for your elders, etc. 50 years ago in the Cultural revolution. So while countries like Korea, Taiwan, Japan, etc held onto to those old values, Mainland China had theirs completely eradicated.

So you basically have a new culture (only like 50 years) of 1 billion + people - that just got rich.

I had a 12 hr layover in Turkey a few years back, and one of the major things I remember from being there was the herds of Chinese tourists. Literal herds.

That aside, I ate food with a Taiwanese tour guide who was great company. Would like to visit Taiwan sometime.

@Banchan

Taiwan is awesome. Def worth a vacation. Beautiful country

@TidWell aspired to be a gigantic dick.... goal achieved. Fuck him.... and his parents
One of the most racist dudes here. Weird considering the racism he faced in his life, you’d think he’d be more tolerant. Hope he finds peace. Life is too short to hate. @TidWell wish you the best, man.

One of the most racist dudes here. Weird considering the racism he faced in his life, you’d think he’d be more tolerant. Hope he finds peace. Life is too short to hate. @TidWell wish you the best, man.

lol nah... dont make excuses brotha...hes just one of many prior ban trolling pussies of the world. Would love to read about the racism hes faced... just for the lulz tho..

@TidWell aspired to be a gigantic dick.... goal achieved. Fuck him.... and his parents
lol nah... dont make excuses brotha...hes just one of many prior ban trolling pussies of the world. Would love to read about the racism hes faced... just for the lulz tho..
Nice i see you begged one of your boys to back you up mushishi

And cajun im no troll, and why would you like to laugh at the racism i experienced yet claim to act like a good person against racism in here.

Ill say this cajun since mushishi is your boy, you will just be biased, but this all started with your boy calling me a cooley

He started getting racial first and i was shocked, i started laughing saying are you okay man? He kept repeating it, all because i said in many latin american countires chinito and chino is a common word, and in jamaica we stilled use china man, and not in a racist way its just like in spanish countries they say negro to describe blacks.

I thought me and mushishi were cool and made it clear im just busting his balls with the gifs, but now he got butt hurt and blocked me.

based on this thread, i don't think anyone is being racist. lots of people in this thread are clearly distinguishing country chinese folks, from the affluent city chinese folks, or the chinese who were raised in western countries. i don't see how that's racist. it's like when people make fun of hillbilly white folks. they're the same race as affluent whites in the northeast, for example.

as an athiest, i think china is one of few countries that could benefit from a little bit more jesus.

based on this thread, i don't think anyone is being racist. lots of people in this thread are clearly distinguishing country chinese folks, from the affluent city chinese folks, or the chinese who were raised in western countries. i don't see how that's racist. it's like when people make fun of hillbilly white folks. they're the same race as affluent whites in the northeast, for example.
good post man

where in Thai are you man?
Live in Chiang Mai but have been traveling around for burning season. Was just in Hua Hin for a bit. Now I'm heading to Bkk for a week or so.

Live in Chiang Mai but have been traveling around for burning season. Was just in Hua Hin for a bit. Now I'm heading to Bkk for a week or so.

Yep, Chiang Mai sucks major balls in March. Bangkok hasn't been much better though over the past 2 months. Some seriously shitty air quality. Never seen it this bad in 10 years. Some days it reminded me of Blade Runner with how bad the visibility was. I check the air quality index and it was ranked top3 worst in the world for a couple days (worse than all Chinese cities).

Just got back from Krabi and Koh Lanta myself.

My experience with Chinese tourists is awful. I met some nice old ladies once, they were polite to people around, but all others were either way too loud or outright rude.

Back