Chinese Navy seizes US Navy drone in South China Sea

That's what happens when you have a bum for a President who no other nation respects.

4BZxe2L.png

Mexican buttplugs? :D

I didn't understand your joke regarding uncertainty. The ink part is funny. Sorry. :oops:

I tried to make a joke involving China and dealing with them like shoplifters, but i guess it wasnt very good.

Well, i tried.

Corey-Brewer-Dunk-Fail.gif

I tried to make a joke involving China and dealing with them like shoplifters, but i guess it wasnt very good.

Well, i tried.

Corey-Brewer-Dunk-Fail.gif

Audience error no doubt. I had my serious hat on by mistake.

That's what happens when you have a bum for a President who no other nation respects.
It's quite frightening actually, Obama is an idealist that doesn't respond well to things that were not part of his vision for his presidency. He doesn't have the temperament to be Commander-in-chief, yet has been serving in that role for 8 years. Sad! lol

I wouldn't call that mediocre, because it requires a response. Noted that the response is all in likely to be a limp wristed nothing...but this is China doing probing and prodding tactics to gauge our response level.

China will continue to escalate, this is only the start of these tactics from them.
Fallout predicted this. It just may not happen in 2077.

What's your point? And by the way, it would be China starting it by seizing US government property.
Israeli blew up an American ship. USSR was in the process of placing nuclear missiles right next door to mainland US. Chinese detained a dozen US aircrew after their fighter jet collided with an American spy plane. Those were much more serious infractions and nobody started wars over them.

Nobody is starting a war over a drone, so no need to get your vagina wet.

Not enough, sail every aircraft carrier by and park half of them right by the islands.

That is an incredibly stupid strategic move.

Why on earth would we ever park all our carriers in the same geographic zone?

You're asking to give away our hegemony with that kind of bullshit.

The Iranians steal a drone, now China. Both times nothing done about it during Obama's Presidency. This asshole is plane out giving our shit away.

iran has a crashed top secrect drone.

The chinese took a piece of shit 5$ weather drone lol

Israeli blew up an American ship. USSR was in the process of placing nuclear missiles right next door to mainland US. Chinese detained a dozen US aircrew after their fighter jet collided with an American spy plane. Those were much more serious infractions and nobody started wars over them.

The US was about to go apeshit until the Soviets backed down. Those airmen landed on Chinese territory. This is theft of US property in international waters. Obviously a war is not the desired outcome, but China needs to learn that it can't simply do things like this.

Didn't say anyone would. I was sharing my view which carries no weight when it comes to deploying the armed forces.

Why the snide comment?

Hahaha, I like how Cuckolds News Network subtly blame Trump for the on-going state-sanctioned Chinese piracy in the South China Sea:

Although it's unclear what the motivation was for the Chinese, the seizing of the drone comes on the heels of other provocative incidents that have happened since President-elect Donald Trump received a congratulatory call with Taiwan's President, a violation of the US's agreement with China's "One China policy". China publicly voiced their disapproval of that incident and contacted the White House at the time.

Either we shouldn't have been there with the drone and China is within their rights or it was international waters and China needs to hand over US property immediately or we go to war.

yep lets go to war over a 5$ drone.

It's an awkward situation.

The Chinese found a US oceanic drone in their neck of the woods, in what is technically international waters. They lay claim to most of the South China Sea (I mean...it's kind of in the name), while others have their own areas. We (US, civilians and govt) don't seem to make that dictation of geography much of an issue. In this particular issue, the drone was captured and seized, I'm assuming for strategic purposes. Obviously the question of spying comes up, but "the official said that it was only measuring ocean conditions."

Imagine the US finding and capturing an underwater drone from China off the coast of California. Or Florida. If they officially said that it was only for measuring the ocean's conditions, we wouldn't believe that for a second.

This is geopolitical muscling and posturing. They are flexing, trying to see what our response will be.

Another issue...our drones actually being caught by other governments. The flexing we do can only go so far, while China pretty much own us economically. The irony of a communist nation beating us through capitalism.....man.

yep lets go to war over a 5$ drone.
What's gonna lead to a war is continued capitulation to the point that China becomes so emboldened that they cross a line we cannot tolerate. We are not playing our role as a superpower, we're being pushed around by a weaker adversary.

Back