Chinese Navy seizes US Navy drone in South China Sea

South China Sea lol. Have a look on Google Maps for Subic Bay, bunch of thieving chancers.

I say park the 7th fleet in the center of that sea and do training exercises with Taiwan!

So this is China's response to Trump? Mediocre.

So this is China's response to Trump? Mediocre.
I wouldn't call that mediocre, because it requires a response. Noted that the response is all in likely to be a limp wristed nothing...but this is China doing probing and prodding tactics to gauge our response level.

China will continue to escalate, this is only the start of these tactics from them.

I say park the 7th fleet in the center of that sea and do training exercises with Taiwan!

Not enough, sail every aircraft carrier by and park half of them right by the islands.

This warrant a harsh response, Obama shall issue an ultimatum demanding China to hand over the drone within next 30 minutes or face liquidation.

I liked the headline I saw to this story.

China just tweeted.

Not the way Obama hoped to pivot to Asia.

they have to turn it over immediately or we will bring hell upon them

is the only acceptable action

appeasement doesnt work

The Iranians were very bold with weak tit president Jimmy Carter before Reagan stepped into office, too.

Could get interesting . . .

they have to turn it over immediately or we will bring hell upon them

is the only acceptable action

appeasement doesnt work
. . . unless it is Russia, then we should bend over backwards to appease them, amirite?

I wouldn't call that mediocre, because it requires a response. Noted that the response is all in likely to be a limp wristed nothing...but this is China doing probing and prodding tactics to gauge our response level.

China will continue to escalate, this is only the start of these tactics from them.
Start? China and US have been at it for more than a decade. US would sent recon flights close to Chinese airspace for SIGINT missions, and China would in turn dispatch fighters to intercept them. USN would also send survey ships to South China Sea to gather oceanic intel for ASW purposes, and Chinese boats would again be nearby harassing them.

What makes this different is China straight did a grab and run using their own naval vessel. Usually they send their fishing boats to do the dirty work.

This should be considered an act of piracy, something China has been doing to fishermen from their neighbors for years now.

no, if they captured military property we should strike back with full force
So when Russia says they captured our drone in Ukraine a couple years ago, we should have responded? I like it.

Back