International China threatens to shoot down Pelosi's plane if she attempts to land in Taiwan

China will shut down TikTok and Americans will go crazy.

I'm not saying China has no blame. I'm saying all the visit was for is to give a fuck you to China. Can anyone tell me why she actually went to Taiwan other than flipping the bird to China? What did America or Taiwan gain from the visit? Hell, even Biden didn't want her to go.

Because they want to force our foreign policy to comply woth theirs. We should not. Openly, sonthat any country we trade with can see thatbwe will deal woth them, without the threat of.force breaking our diplomacy.

I'm not saying China has no blame. I'm saying all the visit was for is to give a fuck you to China. Can anyone tell me why she actually went to Taiwan other than flipping the bird to China? What did America or Taiwan gain from the visit? Hell, even Biden didn't want her to go.
LOL weren't people praising Trump for his supposed big fuck you to China and asking for more? Why are so many of them complaining about this?

Ain't none of that happening though.

Americans will continue to buy from and promote shitty companies like Nike and buy cheap Chinese imports to save a buck.

And again the only thing China will do is what it decides is in its own interest to do.
I know it isn't happening. And it is a CHOICE as to why it isn't happening. My point was that the West keep talking about China as if it were gravity, or some sort of other unchangeable natural force. This completely ignores the nature of our relationship with China and the fact that we DO have power over them.

If Americans are going to continue to rely on China to manufacture all of their shit cheaply, and rely on Chinese markets to sell to, then what is there to complain about? We know they exploit their workers and will pump out tons of pollutions in order to get our business. Neither the American people, American companies, or the American government are turning down the cheap labor or cheap products, but, somehow, we have Americans expecting China to stop the very thing they are being paid to do by the Americans?

"China will do what is in its own interest to do" just like EVERY OTHER country does.
Point is, is that what is in China's best interest can be changed, but that ALSO would require America to change. And that's why it ain't happening.

LOL weren't people praising Trump for his supposed big fuck you to China and asking for more? Why are so many of them complaining about this?

it is 100% fucked how so many leftys are all mad that one of their own is standing up against the world's largest human rights abusers since Stalin (and of course their own Mao).

I guess comies stick together?

it is 100% fucked how so many leftys are all mad that one of their own is standing up against the world's largest human rights abusers since Stalin (and of course their own Mao).

I guess comies stick together?
It seems most of the people around here whining about her going there and predicting some extreme response by the Chinese are right-leaning from what I have seen, although I'm open to being proved wrong. The Biden admin is clearly unhappy with her doing that but there doesn't seem to be an army of his supporters screaming about this the way Sherdog right wingers are, @Deorum being a notable exception. But then I'm fine with her going and I'm not paying a whole lot of attention to the complaints since I didn't think China would do jack shit that they weren't already going to do anyway. And they haven't up to now so far as I am aware.

To me, it's a sign of a different kind of protectionism that doesn't make any sense after seeing what happened as a result of Germany's reliance on Russian oil.

Yes her literally saying China is one of the free-ist society sure makes a clear point about Taiwan

1.- She is first saying that the US is still following the One China policy, so technically China is both Taiwan and/or the Mainland.

2.- She quotes her source as Freedom House that ranks Taiwan a 97/100 in terms of freedom, Freedom House ranks China as 9/100.

Key word being: 'might'
It will be interesting to see who 'blinks' first.
China is now 'locked-in' on their threat. They have 'face saving' to deal with if one side backs down. Both sides are equally fucked!
I think Pelosi (US) will back down and not go to Taiwan. They will come up with an excuse like airplane maintenance.
It was clear to me from the beginning they'd do "not a fucking thing".

What Pelosi was doing when she visited Taiwan was to signal to them that they are vital to US security and that the US will protect them. TSMC is THAT vital and important for the future of weapons, AI, industry and tech.

Back