International China threatens to shoot down Pelosi's plane if she attempts to land in Taiwan

Good job stirring up shit in the world's most important region while emphasising the obvious reality that the US can't just float an aircraft carrier in to settle down the locals.
Literally nobody here was involved in her trip. Who exactly do you think you're addressing with this silly thread bump?

Literally nobody here was involved in her trip. Who exactly do you think you're addressing with this silly thread bump?

A) It's not really a thread bump if the thread's still on the front page. If it is, you just did the same for even less reason, bright spark.
B) Your question is so stupid, not only is it impossible to answer, it's actually hard to wrap my mind around how you thought it worth posing, unless I somehow upset you enough that you just wailed on your keyboard without thinking.

A) It's not really a thread bump if the thread's still on the front page. If it is, you just did the same for even less reason, bright spark.
B) Your question is so stupid, not only is it impossible to answer, it's actually hard to wrap my mind around how you thought it worth posing, unless I somehow upset you enough that you just wailed on your keyboard without thinking.
Nice little edit to your last post, by the way. Thinking it wasn't worthy enough as bait? Good luck on your fishing endeavors.

Nice little edit to your last post, by the way. Thinking it wasn't worthy enough as bait? Good luck on your fishing endeavors.

Not as nice as the selective quoting in your last message. I'm not even sure what I added to my last message, but we both know you only quoted a fraction of it. I assume you're so excited to respond to me, that I'm not allowed to add to a post or it'll trigger you? (Oh no, I edited this in; does that upset you?)

I'm not even trying to fish, and I still hooked your easily triggered idiot self. Good job, dumbass.

Not as nice as the selective quoting in your last message.

I'm not even trying to fish, and I still hooked your easily triggered idiot self. Good job, dumbass.
Nice try, but calling out one's pathetic attempts at baiting doesn't constitute being baited. Anyway, are you going to continue deflecting, or can you respond in regards to the extra sentence being added to make for juicier bait?

Nice try, but calling out one's pathetic attempts at baiting doesn't constitute being baited. Anyway, are you going to continue deflecting, or can you respond in regards to the extra sentence being added to make for juicier bait?

The extra sentence, iirc, was "I'm sure that's gonna convince everyone to rally together behind the ol' stars n' stripes :rolleyes:".
You might be too dim and/or triggered to recognise that the US is currently vying for influence in several of the world's regions - most especially Asia and Africa. The extra sentence wasn't worth an additional post, but it supports the post I made by making the observation (however snarkily) that, with moves like this, the US is doing exactly the opposite of garnering positive influence. Stirring shit in Asia, with the top dog in the Pacific, is not going to rally nations behind America.

Now, do you have anything to say that's actually on topic, or are you just here to be baited by someone who's not even trying to bait anyone?
I assume that your selective quoting is the result of your being a troll with nothing to add to the topic?

Also, I have a habit of editing lines into my posts. Your assumption that it's a nefarious tactic is retarded and reflects poorly on you. Control your excitement and wait a minute or two longer to respond, and it needn't bother you.

The extra sentence, iirc, was "I'm sure that's gonna convince everyone to rally together behind the ol' stars n' stripes :rolleyes:".
You might be too dim and/or triggered to recognise that the US is currently vying for influence in several of the world's regions - most especially Asia and Africa. The extra sentence wasn't worth an additional post, but it supports the post I made by making the observation (however snarkily) that, with moves like this, the US is doing exactly the opposite of garnering positive influence. Stirring shit in Asia, with the top dog in the Pacific, is not going to rally nations behind America.

Now, do you have anything to say that's actually on topic, or are you just here to be baited by someone who's not even trying to bait anyone?
I assume that your selective quoting is the result of your being a troll with nothing to add to the topic?

Also, I have a habit of editing lines into my posts. Your assumption that it's a nefarious tactic is retarded and reflects poorly on you.
So many wasted words on someone who didn't even say anything on topic to begin with. Carry on, simpleton. Better luck next time.

So many wasted words on someone who didn't even say anything on topic to begin with. Carry on, simpleton. Better luck next time.

This is the most pathetic attempt at face-saving I think I've ever seen <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

And they did nothing. They didn't stop her or stop Taiwan from functioning,
Oh, so as long as they didn't do one of two specific things, that means they did nothing and are not planning to do anything. Got it. What exactly did Nancy accomplish by the visit other than raising tensions with China?

"Working with" China means creating a framework where things can be done. It also requires a will to actually do so. Our own government hasn't acted on these things.
The US and the rest of the world want to keep playing this selective history and memory game of how China got to be what they are. They wouldn't be where they are now without all of the exact same people that keep bitching about them being the scourge of the planet. You wanted to exploit these poorer countries for their cheap labor and lax regulations, and are now shocked at the monster that that created.
You were fine with the sweatshops for decades, but now we are acting shocked at IP theft?

Being tough on China would require these same nations and people to be tough on themselves, and not use cheap labor, and have some standards and principles that they actually uphold.
If the only way China could survive was by adjusting to the standards that the rest of the world (the people that keep their economy going) set, they would have no choice but to do so.

Ain't none of that happening though.

Americans will continue to buy from and promote shitty companies like Nike and buy cheap Chinese imports to save a buck.

And again the only thing China will do is what it decides is in its own interest to do.

Oh, so as long as they didn't do one of two specific things, that means they did nothing and are not planning to do anything. Got it. What exactly did Nancy accomplish by the visit other than raising tensions with China?

Pelosi didn't raise tensions. China did.

Pelosi raising tensions would be to say that next time Jinpeng Flys out of China, the USA is blowing him out of the sky.

Pelosi didn't raise tensions. China did.

Pelosi raising tensions would be to say that next time Jinpeng Flys out of China, the USA is blowing him out of the sky.
I'm not saying China has no blame. I'm saying all the visit was for is to give a fuck you to China. Can anyone tell me why she actually went to Taiwan other than flipping the bird to China? What did America or Taiwan gain from the visit? Hell, even Biden didn't want her to go.

They tried to intimidate her into not going; they failed.
Bullies shouldn't be coddled and given in to.

They tried to intimidate her into not going; they failed.
Bullies shouldn't be coddled and given in to.
Maybe. I guess we'll see how it plays out. So why did Nancy go to Taiwan in the first place? It seems like she wasn't even for sure going to go until China made the threat. So was it just as a fuck you to China?

She mixed her uppers with her downers is all.

Something like that, unless she meant the Republic of China. That's Taiwan, and obviously what she's referring to.

So... now that Nancy's polished her idiot little ego and accelerated Chinese plans for reunification while pushing the Russians and Chinese even closer together and made the US look as soft as baby shit, are you all at least happy that a member of your aristocracy feels good about herself and whatever investments this helped her with?

Good job stirring up shit in the world's most important region while emphasising the obvious reality that the US no longer has the ability to settle down the locals. I'm sure that's gonna convince everyone to rally together behind the ol' stars n' stripes :rolleyes:

It's really no biggie, there's been a half-dozen sitting US Senators that have visited Taiwan and openly met with its President in the months leading up to Pelosi's scandalous trip this year. It would've been far worse if she cowered at the threats and didn't go, the howling would be ceaseless.

I'm still not sure why they didn't just play it off as a lame duck Speaker of the House chasing clout on her way out the door. In any case: CCP just released a major policy document on Taiwan, the first of its kind in over 20 years actually. There will be no war any time soon, the timetable deadline for unification with Taiwan is clearly set for October 1, 2049 (as with many other things).

Maybe. I guess we'll see how it plays out. So why did Nancy go to Taiwan in the first place? It seems like she wasn't even for sure going to go until China made the threat. So was it just as a fuck you to China?
She led a congressional trip to East Asia (Japan, S.Korea, Singapore, Malaysia) , so why not stop in on Taiwan since it is close-by.

so why not stop in on Taiwan since it is close-by.

Because China said no. Doesn't sound like you are ready to accept are new lord and saviors. This will affect your social credit score.

She led a congressional trip to East Asia (Japan, S.Korea, Singapore, Malaysia) , so why not stop in on Taiwan since it is close-by.
Ok, so like I said, no real reason other than to flip the bird to China. Got it

Back