China makes criticizing CCP illegal WORLDWIDE and applies to ALL non-Chinese nationals

Who gets to define what treason, secession, subversion and sedition are? If I said CCP should be overthrown, did I just violate that law? What if I think Hong Kong should become an independent country (not realistic, but for argument's sake), does that mean I get tossed in jail upon arrival? Where is the independent judiciary to keep CCP from abusing the law?
And why should they tolerate separatists? They don't want a CHAZ there.

"Not real communism"
It isn't , that should be obvious , it's also completely irrelevant . It most resembles a dictatorship crossed with an oligarchy

Maybe world leaders ( and their families) shouldn't buddy up to Xi

The ability to incorporate and make vast sums of money is as American as pie but I don't understand why the US can't block massive chinese companies from American phones on the basis of national security. If the chinese really wanted that data they could buy an American data processing or marketing company pretty easily, but theres something more offensive in giving away our tech income to a foreign company.

Perhaps its the risk of offending international investment. We won't proactively shut out china for fear of scaring away other investors.

"Democracy"....Riiiiight....
*cough* Republic! *cough*

I think the African expats have not been so safe in China recently.
No expats have been safe there recently. Anyone who says differently is a liar or has never been there. There is no third option.

China's amassed wealth and increased economic reach have gone to their head. Seems like they're trying hard to start WW3.

China's amassed wealth and increased economic reach have gone to their head. Seems like they're trying hard to start WW3.
I hope you're not from the US , if you are glass houses and all that ....

We've had a government warning for some time that Australians could face arbitrary detention and worse if they visit China (I believe they only officially added it to the DFAT travel advice yesterday though).
How doesn’t that work? Do the immigration officers run a background check as soon as they check their passport?

What do you mean by online girlfriend? You just want someone to teach you Chinese or you actually plan on meeting a girl in her country?

I mean have a friend I can eventually meet up if possible but I am okay if we are just online friends.

I’ve traveled there several times on business and on the last trip was briefly detained by immigration officials as I was trying to leave. Needless to say, I also will not be stepping foot inside of that dystopia again.
What reason did they give you for this temporary detaining?

Time to delete all your apps and everything sponsored by China because you're all probably on their watch list (95% here are openly anti-CCP) and will be taken to prison if you step afoot of China. You never know your government will pass a law that prohibite criticizing China or sign an extradition treaty with them. If the US counter-terrorism laws managed to do this in most of the world in the name of war on terror/drugs then China could pull this off based on their influence in the West.https://www.axios.com/china-hong-kong-law-global-activism-ff1ea6d1-0589-4a71-a462-eda5bea3f78f.html

<{ByeHomer}>

HarmlessMammothCurlew-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
What reason did they give you for this temporary detaining?

They didn’t really as they could hardly speak English and I don’t understand very much Mandarin. Just sort of yelled and pointed me toward this holding pen where I had to wait for several of their superiors to evaluate the situation. I could glean that they suspected me of traveling on someone else’s passport. Beards are mysterious and perplexing to Chinese people.

How doesn’t that work? Do the immigration officers run a background check as soon as they check their passport?

Well they are doing that to enforce their corona restrictions and tracing, and Australia's got an overseas travel ban still in effect anyway. They've made arrests of individuals that were already there though, and there's concern they'll be used as political prisoners.

Fuck China

It is really incredible how often this phrase is applicable

most of you are now wanted criminals, and rightfully so.

nobody should ever criticize or say anything of ill will regarding CCP and glorious president Xi Jinping. they do no wrong and know what's nest for the world
this post is sponsored by CCP

Time to delete all your apps and everything sponsored by China because you're all probably on their watch list (95% here are openly anti-CCP) and will be taken to prison if you step afoot of China. You never know your government will pass a law that prohibite criticizing China or sign an extradition treaty with them. If the US counter-terrorism laws managed to do this in most of the world in the name of war on terror/drugs then China could pull this off based on their influence in the West.

https://www.axios.com/china-hong-kong-law-global-activism-ff1ea6d1-0589-4a71-a462-eda5bea3f78f.html

<{ByeHomer}>

You’ll more than likely not be given a Visa.

I mean have a friend I can eventually meet up if possible but I am okay if we are just online friends.

Wechat isn't a good place for meeting people but it is good for keeping in touch with friends or girls once you know them. Always ask for wechat number, most people keep in touch that way. Honestly I think you should just pay money for a dating site like Chineselovelinks or whatever else is out there now. Set yourself up with as many dates as you can and while you travel to different cities you can meet up with different women in each place. If nothing works out at least you can have a fun experience and you're also much more likely to meet someone you can communicate with. The girls there will also be a bit more serious about finding a partner (not sure if that is what you want) too.

Normally I'd just recommend using the local dating apps in other countries but China is a weird case because they ban a lot of foreign apps and use their own. The ones they do use are kinda shitty and have a lot of hookers on them like Momo.

There is always the nightclub scene but that can be real hit or miss,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back