China makes criticizing CCP illegal WORLDWIDE and applies to ALL non-Chinese nationals

Yeah but I'm American, I'll talk about anything I want, especially the government.

Jesus christ, you aren't going to get arrested man. I've bitched about China plenty of times with my buddies while sitting in the middle of a restaurant. Where do you get this idea that China is such a dangerous place for foreign visitors?

I think the African expats have not been so safe in China recently.

I have a black friend working there right now, he prefers it over the USA. You guys need to get out more.

I have a black friend working there right now, he prefers it over the USA. You guys need to get out more.

I think your friend needs to get out more.

Uhhm.. hmmn maybe not maybe just avoid that province where they are harassing black expats.

I think your friend needs to get out more.

Uhhm.. hmmn maybe not maybe just avoid that province where they are harassing black expats.

Its Guangzhou, that place sucks. It's even nicknamed "chocolate city" because a district in that city is home to the largest African community. That place has a reputation for foreigners working on invalid visas. No excuse to treat people that poorly though but my point is that China is a huge country and not all Blacks have the same experience there.

Anyway people should travel for themselves, if he doesn't like it no need to go back again.

Don't use TikTok, Weibo and Wechat. Actually you know what? Avoid all social media altogether because everything you posted is saved in the cloud servers. You don't want governments, especially CCP, to pull that shit out against you years down the road.

Jesus christ, you aren't going to get arrested man. I've bitched about China plenty of times with my buddies while sitting in the middle of a restaurant. Where do you get this idea that China is such a dangerous place for foreign visitors?
That's exactly what China would say.

Its Guangzhou, that place sucks. It's even nicknamed "chocolate city" because a district in that city is home to the largest African community. That place has a reputation for foreigners working on invalid visas. No excuse to treat people that poorly though but my point is that China is a huge country and not all Blacks have the same experience there.

Anyway people should travel for themselves, if he doesn't like it no need to go back again.
Yes, I was there in 2013 with my boss marketing the Richmond riverside condo project to Chinese buyers. The project was overpriced as fuck at the time ($900K for a two bedroom), but got sold out in 5 hours like hot cakes. There were shit tons of Africans, South Asians and Arabs there.

Yeah thats weird its like all off a suden they panicked and decided to kick out blacks out of houses during the Pandemics.

That's exactly what China would say.

giphy.gif

Don't use TikTok, Weibo and Wechat. Actually you know what? Avoid all social media altogether because everything you posted is saved in the cloud servers. You don't want governments, especially CCP, to pull that shit out against you years down the road.

I am actually planning on getting a wechat account as I want to find a Chinese online girlfriend.

Yeah I am serious.

Yeah I am a loser nerdo.

Yeah thats weird its like all off a suden they panicked and decided to kick out blacks out of houses during the Pandemics.

I don't much about it but my guess would be a crackdown on illegal visas to make sure people aren't coming in illegally and spreading the virus. Still wasn't the right thing to do but you could also argue locking people in their homes in Wuhan wasn't the right thing either. China is a one party country that gets shit done quickly but at the expense of not giving people a choice. There are positives and negatives to having a government like this but for the most part people who just want to travel over there will have a great time. Most Chinese are friendly and the country is very safe.

I don't much about it but my guess would be a crackdown on illegal visas to make sure people aren't coming in illegally and spreading the virus. Still wasn't the right thing to do but you could also argue locking people in their homes in Wuhan wasn't the right thing either. China is a one party country that gets shit done quickly but at the expense of not giving people a choice. There are positives and negatives to having a government like this but for the most part people who just want to travel over there will have a great time. Most Chinese are friendly and the country is very safe.

Yup its amazing how they were abke to build their infrastructure and how living conditions improved.

I am actually planning on getting a wechat account as I want to find a Chinese online girlfriend.

Yeah I am serious.

Yeah I am a loser nerdo.
Most of the "girls" looking on Wechat are cougars in their 30's and 40's after their second divorce. Hard pass for me. In my experience, not many local chicks would consider foreigners, especially Southeast Asians.

Try hitting on Malaysian or Singaporean Chinese chicks. They're more accepting in general.

Fake news once again.

The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region shall enact laws on its own to prohibit any act of treason, secession, sedition, subversion against the Central People's Government, or theft of state secrets, to prohibit foreign political organisations or bodies from conducting political activities in the Region, and to prohibit political organisations or bodies of the Region from establishing ties with foreign political organisations or bodies.

Excellent law.

Yeah I am serious.

Yeah I am a loser nerdo.

What do you mean by online girlfriend? You just want someone to teach you Chinese or you actually plan on meeting a girl in her country?

Fake news once again.

The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region shall enact laws on its own to prohibit any act of treason, secession, sedition, subversion against the Central People's Government, or theft of state secrets, to prohibit foreign political organisations or bodies from conducting political activities in the Region, and to prohibit political organisations or bodies of the Region from establishing ties with foreign political organisations or bodies.

Excellent law.
Who gets to define what treason, secession, subversion and sedition are? If I said CCP should be overthrown, did I just violate that law? What if I think Hong Kong should become an independent country (not realistic, but for argument's sake), does that mean I get tossed in jail upon arrival? Where is the independent judiciary to keep CCP from abusing the law?

Yup its amazing how they were abke to build their infrastructure and how living conditions improved.

Yeah it is impressive, I first went to China in 2007 and even in that short period of time I don't even recognize a lot of the cities I first visited. All new buildings, public transit systems, etc. USA is collapsing because every 4 to 8 years we elect a guy in office who is only interested in serving half the country and then when another guy gets in half the time is spent undoing what the last guy did. That's a terrible system and I think it is going to destroy us long term. I think we need something like Eric Weinstein suggested where you basically have a center-left candidate and center-right candidate that work together to create the best outcome for the population

Yeah it is impressive, I first went to China in 2007 and even in that short period of time I don't even recognize a lot of the cities I first visited. All new buildings, public transit systems, etc. USA is collapsing because every 4 to 8 years we elect a guy in office who is only interested in serving half the country and then when another guy gets in half the time is spent undoing what the last guy did. That's a terrible system and I think it is going to destroy us long term. I think we need something like Eric Weinstein suggested where you basically have a center-left candidate and center-right candidate that work together to create the best outcome for the population
If it was up to me, I'd make the presidential term 8 years. One term and done.

That way you can get some actual sustained policy going without worrying about election in 4 years.

Back