• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Chimaev pulled out of Whittaker fight due to food poisoning (Update: Maybe Not)

I had food poison when I was a lil kid, took me a day to recover. I remember that day, I was vomiting like crazy, by far the worst I ever felt.

I'm hoping for a WWF style scenario.. where Whittaker comes out first and is in the cage.. then Aliskerov's music plays, no one comes out... then the music stops and boom, here comes Chimaev. Cue the "I'm shocked and scared" closeup look on Whittaker's face. Then they fight like they were scheduled to.

Oh well.
Even better if Aliskerov appears to walk out with a mask on, takes it off just before entering the cage and it's Khamzat.

never had food poisoning in my life. did he eat at some sea food restaurant or something?

Did anyone else get sick? Dont these people have a personal chef during camps?

Always something with cumshot

Even better if Aliskerov appears to walk out with a mask on, takes it off just before entering the cage and it's Khamzat.

You guys are both forgetting all the run ins from the Muslin fighters whenever Whittaker gets a submission then the Aussies have to come chase them into the crowd.

I....I like this.

I heard from a (reliable) inside source that it wasn't only food poisoning at play here.

Take it with a pinch of salt, although the source is reliable, as I say - but I'm getting word that Khamzat also strained his pussy.

So there's that, apparently that adds a bit of time on to the expected recovery time.

He'd have been back to normal within 1-3 days after the food poisoning and he'd have dropped weight. Plus it would have been a valid excuse to have the fight at a 190 lbs catch weight or something if he informed them early enough.

Compare it to Islam who had a week off due to staph infection at the end of his camp.

Keep him on the prelims from now on.

dumb-and-dumber-laxative-prank-3jbix4ayxik4wd1c.webp

There's a spectrum when it comes to food poisoning. It can range anywhere from so mild you don't know you have it, to deadly. Food poisoning can be extemely serious.
This. Had it once after a bad kebap, and boy it got me good. Over a week of non stop shitting and throwin up. Lost like 13 lbs.

The type of bacteria or virus varies quite a bit. Over the years I've had salmonella a few times and many unpleasant but fast clearing viruses, e.g. 'stomach bugs' like norovirus.

In 2023 I fell ill from shellfish and it was completely different than my previous experiences. On day 2 of non-stop vomiting I went to the hospital after developing tachycardia - clocking 130bpm+ laying down. My blood pressure was sky high and I was barely ambulatory until getting a bolus of IV fluids.

All in I was very ill for an entire week. I didn't resume weights / exercise for another week after that. Rationally I understood that food poisoning could be life threatening, but its shocking when it happens.

If you get a case of food borne illness bad enough to be hospitalized, you are not going to participate in an MMA fight anytime soon.
All that is true and makes for a good excuse. I'm sure that's why they used it. Trouble is, what the fuck was he eating while in camp to make him that sick? That's still on him and his people if he's eating a shit diet just before a big fight What happened to his muslim practices where they can't even eat pork because it's "unclean".

Yeah.. Book him ASAP

But he does not deserve Strickland. Make this motherfucker work... put him vs Costa and have a back up because those 2 are pullout machines.
Or a top 15 to top 10 fighter just to ensure he doesn't ruin another main event.
He doesnt deserve Strickland at this point. Costa would be fine.

Gotta admit tho that Khamzat vs Strickland/Costa co main with an Adesanya/DDP main event at 305 in Perth would be tempting to book

First covid made him want to retire, and now fucking food poisoning has made him want to retire. Mentally fragile.

I had the gastric flu once and it was pretty brutal

I had C Dif when in the hospital for the strongest chemotherapy regiment there is, that was hella brutal, but at least it made me get my own room lol

As much as it sucks to lose a big fight... I had food poisoning a couple of months back, my body was flushing stuff out for nearly five days, at one point I was down by 10lbs and I had barely slept. It took me literally two weeks to recover from that.

Food poisoning is one of those things that can go from minor annoyance, over with quickly to: Holy giant, jumping fuckballs, kill me now, that can drag on for 4-5 days. I totally get why he pulled out if he had the latter.

All that is true and makes for a good excuse. I'm sure that's why they used it. Trouble is, what the fuck was he eating while in camp to make him that sick? That's still on him and his people if he's eating a shit diet just before a big fight What happened to his muslim practices where they can't even eat pork because it's "unclean".
Probably eating the same crap that made him miss weight by ten pounds.

Back