• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Chimaev pulled out of Whittaker fight due to food poisoning (Update: Maybe Not)

I’ve had food poisoning before, and although it’s bad, and one of the worst things to go through, I’ve never been to hospital for it. He was on oxygen masks lol, He must’ve had it really bad

Wow..

That’s pretty much the weakest excuse I’ve ever heard of for pulling out of a fight a couple of weeks out. It’s not an injury, and the worst affects would be missing a couple of days of training.. That’s it. Live on the toilet for a couple of days.

A 48 hour flu is worse than food poisoning. With food poisoning it’s just your stomach that’s affected. With the flu you get that but add in the head, and body aches. The fever, or chills too. Puking, and diarrhea as well.

I’m done hearing about this clown. He just ducked an elite MW. Beat Whittaker, and Borz was probably getting the next TS. What top contender would even agree to fight the guy? Just match up Costa, and Borz for the Pullout Champ Title.

I’d just cut him at this point. He’s a mentally weak person, imo. In a sport where you can’t be that weak.

Any adversity and the guy immediately wants to quit and run away. I’d help him right out the door. Let him fight cans in the Middle East for those big Arab dollars. But why would they even trust the guy now? The UFC remade this card just to please the money men behind these SA, and UAE cards.

And he pulled out of a card built specifically around him in the ME, in SA because of food poisoning?

This is what the Mayo Clinic says about it..

Symptoms of food poisoning often include upset stomach, diarrhea and vomiting. Symptoms usually start within hours or several days of eating the food. Most people have mild illness and get better without treatment.

They don’t even suggest getting medical aid unless you’ve had diarrhea, or vomiting for 3 days.

He does need to bounce back quick. And he no longer has the excuse of #1 contended fight, he needs to take anything offered.

Agreed. He just needs to fight. I don't even care who it's against at this point. I have a feeling we won't see him in 2024 now.

The severity of it got lost in translation. The resturant tried killing him by poisoning his meal. That chef is a proper Hitman

Wow..

That’s pretty much the weakest excuse I’ve ever heard of for pulling out of a fight a couple of weeks out. It’s not an injury, and the worst affects would be missing a couple of days of training.. That’s it. Live on the toilet for a couple of days.

A 48 hour flu is worse than food poisoning. With food poisoning it’s just your stomach that’s affected. With the flu you get that but add in the head, and body aches. The fever, or chills too. Puking, and diarrhea as well.

I’m done hearing about this clown. He just ducked an elite MW. Beat Whittaker, and Borz was probably getting the next TS. What top contender would even agree to fight the guy? Just match up Costa, and Borz for the Pullout Champ Title.

I’d just cut him at this point. He’s a mentally weak person, imo. In a sport where you can’t be that weak.

Any adversity and the guy immediately wants to quit and run away. I’d help him right out the door. Let him fight cans in the Middle East for those big Arab dollars. But why would they even trust the guy now? The UFC remade this card just to please the money men behind these SA, and UAE cards.

And he pulled out of a card built specifically around him in the ME, in SA because of food poisoning?

This is what the Mayo Clinic says about it..

They don’t even suggest getting medical aid unless you’ve had diarrhea, or vomiting for 3 days.

This just isn't true, if you read the comments here some people were sitting on a toilet for dear life for a week

Now try and do a weight cut while shitting and vomiting every 10 minutes and your asking for a one way trip to the ICU

Obviously Khamzat had severe food poisoning if hes pulling out

That is not a serious excuse. Food poisoning? Just puke.
I had food poisoning in april, let me tell you, depending how severe it is there's no way you can train after that for a while. I woke up and puked for hours almost straight till my gf brought me to the emergency and i continued puking on the way, in the hospital. They give you sth there ofc but you feel weak for a while after. There's no way you can prepare for a fight right after that.

That being said fk him, you're a millionaire and a few weeks before a fight, you should only be putting the best of the best in your system if you're a pro. So i actually kinda agree with you, this is not a valid excuse.

This just isn't true, if you read the comments here some people were sitting on a toilet for dear life for a week

Now try and do a weight cut while shitting and vomiting every 10 minutes and your asking for a one way trip to the ICU

Obviously Khamzat had severe food poisoning if hes pulling out

Would of made the cut easier
These guys almost kill themselves doing their big cuts anyways

Some Orange Gatorade and your all good after

I'm hoping for a WWF style scenario.. where Whittaker comes out first and is in the cage.. then Aliskerov's music plays, no one comes out... then the music stops and boom, here comes Chimaev. Cue the "I'm shocked and scared" closeup look on Whittaker's face. Then they fight like they were scheduled to.

Oh well.

Agreed. He just needs to fight. I don't even care who it's against at this point. I have a feeling we won't see him in 2024 now.
He's gonna be way too busy being a social media warrior and defending his pullout title. I'd say we won't see him until 2025.

I’ve had food poisoning before, and although it’s bad, and one of the worst things to go through, I’ve never been to hospital for it. He was on oxygen masks lol, He must’ve had it really bad
OR the oxygen mask was part of a faked photo op to help justify his pullout.

This. I've had food poisoning before and its usually a 24-48 hr thing at most.

Exactly...you shit and puke and its done.
This guy has supposedly been in and out of the hospital for the whole camp.

Something smells fishier than a dirty girls pussy sir lol.

Back