• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Chimaev pulled out of Whittaker fight due to food poisoning (Update: Maybe Not)

Food poisoning can be rough, especially so close to the fight.

My brother had one when we were traveling (and drinking plenty, of course..). It was pretty brutal, he almost fainted a couple times, puked out his guts and had slight arrythmia. I could see how one doesn’t feel confident in making weight and being able to compete.

Sucks.

You can't even call into work for food poisoning these days
This is so spot on and hilarious because during COVID everyone from the highest of powers in the government to Wall Street to mom and pops feigned support for giving people days off for being sick. Now they don’t give a shit if you have COVID. Don’t give a shit if your kids have COVID. Don’t care if you’re sick at all. Get your ass to work or school and forget any extra paid time off for legit illness. We somehow duped all of you into rolling your vacation and sick time into all one and made people think they get extra time for vacation. When in reality you’re screwed if you actually get sick.

There's a spectrum when it comes to food poisoning. It can range anywhere from so mild you don't know you have it, to deadly. Food poisoning can be extemely serious.
When I was a teenager a hundred years ago, food poisoning wiped out an entire church camp of about fifty kids. I was throwing up every fifteen minutes. Eventually had to go to the emergency room where I got some kind of shot right in the butt cheek that hurt like hell. I've never been that sick since, and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Well, at least he didn't fell from a window.

I’d defend anyone for being super sick once but this is what, his 6th pull out now?

He’s ruining his career. He needs to find the grit to make it to fights. This is a terrible look for him, even if he actually was deathly ill. A few days of being sick shouldn’t wipe out a camp, especially when he badly needs a fight.

I had it bad a few months back. I was having stomach problems anyway and my doctor told me if it feels too painful and bloated I need to go the hospital. Fast forward a few days and I eat something dodgy, my stomach feels like it’s going to explode so I go to accident and emergency. I was sat there for hours just rocking backwards and forwards from the pain. Every so often god would show mercy on me and let me unleash a massive fart which would ease my stomach a little bit, but only momentarily. About 5 hours in I feel something happening, I get that tingly feeling in my jaw like when you’re about to throw up, and before I could react I projectile vomit all this black bile. The feeling of relief was immeasurable. I ended up apologising to those in the waiting room, but everyone just seemed happy that I was not in so much pain anymore

I feel your pain.

I 'm allergic to lobster but didn't realize it as whenever I did have lobster I would be drinking alcohol, so when my stomach was violently ripping apart 2 hours later I thought it was just because I drank too much.

But one day had a bite of a lobster sandwich one afternoon and 2 hours later it felt like I had ingested a bag of maggots and razor blades and it lasts for 24 hours, then I finally clued in.......ahhhh...its a lobster allergy.

Geesh at least it isn’t serious

Was dude really contemplating retirement over this?

Back