Chimaev now has more instagram followers than Terence Crawford, Naoya Inoue and Errol Spence Jr.

If I were to guess, difficulty in getting fights...why fight a guy, where you know it's an automatic loss.

Good point! One would think after hearing the dudes been wrestling since he was 1 you'd probably back the fuck out of that opportunity.

I just discovered his Amateur MMA career started before his Wrestling career, didn't know that.. Finished his first amateur opponent with a D'Arce in the 2nd round

Errol Spence is a monster but he's done absolutely shit all as of late. That car crash really halted his career.

Pretty nuts... Does anyone know why he took like 10 months off between his previous fight before the UFC and debut? seems weird seeing as he's so keen for fights now, is it just a now he's getting paid on in a platform people give a shit about thing..
There are lots of top guys who spend a ton of time inactive.

Look at a guy like Albert Duraev.

There are lots of top guys who spend a ton of time inactive.

Look at a guy like Albert Duraev.

True but not many who take 9 fights in 2 years and then also throw themselves into a wrestling tournament for a laugh in their spare time ..

I'm not familiar with ALBERT DURAEV but Yeah seems very inactive, he's had 2 more fights than Chimaev with 14 fights in 7 years to Chimaev's 12 fights in 3.

Spence and Crawford need to fight each other. It’d get loads of hype and the winner would blow up. Crawford shot himself in the foot with all these handpicked ESPN special opponents. He’s done nothing since he went up in weight. The big fights are there for him but he’s not taking them. Can’t put yourself in the spotlight if you’re not willing to step into it.

Naoya Inoue is much like Demetrious Johnson in the sense that it’s very hard to blow up in the smallest weightclasses no matter how good you are. Cejudo made a name for himself but in Boxing I think it’s very rare for the little guys to blow up outside of Asia. Koki Kameda had fights with such high ratings in japan that the numbers indicated over half the country was watching his fights. Never blew up in the USA though. Smallest weightclasses + Asia = Hardly no popularity in the west. He’d have to do the Pacquiao and start climbing up weightclasses and coming over here for every fight. Inoue is on the right track though with his last fight

Spence it’s hard to make excuses for. He’s indeed been doing everything right EXCEPT for take on the dance partner that’ll give him his biggest challenge and publicity. Let Spence and Crawford fight each other. Guaranteed the winner blows up. Errol Spence vs. Shawn Porter did 360,000 ppv buys. That’s pretty much on par with Floyd Mayweather’s numbers pre Oscar De La Hoya mega fight

Pretty sure all those guys make significantly more money.

Those guys are considered among the 11 biggest draws in boxing by ESPN.

Boxings viewership is basically alot of older guys and a bunch of them obviously dont use social media so boxers in states dont get social media shine much. Boxings audience here in states is old and literally dying off. UFC is the future here, eventually think same will happen in others spots too like Uk where boxing still thrives.

MMA is just the natural evolution of combat sports its meant to go this way

Boxings viewership is basically alot of older guys and a bunch of them obviously dont use social media so boxers in states dont get social media shine much. Boxings audience here in states is old and literally dying off. UFC is the future here, eventually think same will happen in others spots too like Uk where boxing still thrives.

MMA is just the natural evolution of combat sports its meant to go this way

UK boxing is on shakier ground than people realise:
  • Fury vs Joshua is the only megafight at heavyweight now.
  • KSI and AnEsonGib probably won't box professionally again.
  • People are more interested in Tommy Fury the celebrity, than Tommy Fury the fighter.
  • Amir Khan will probably retire in the next 12 months.
  • The hype on Eubank Jr, Dillian Whyte and BJS has faded.

This is just the beginning. Once all is said and done Khamzat will be known as one of the greatest warrior in history. Statues will be built , poems will be written , paintings will be painted and kids all over the world will sing songs about his glory while holding hands in circle around campfires. A new Borz religion may even be founded in his name.

The next step of human evolution has arrived

I have already started on the poems. Statues will have to wait though but I have brought two wolf pups in my backyard.
I even figured out how you can write "Borz" in Chechen cyrillic using a combination of capital letters and numbers. Write it down, it's :
6OP3.
@Noxcho18 the above is correct, right?

My feeling is that in Montréal boxing is still important, but I could be wrong. Maybe it is in fact dying in USA. One advantage of having one big promotion like the UFC is that it makes everything easy to follow. As a comparison, kick-boxing is more complicated to follow, Muay Thai is near impossible to follow for a non-Thai, and I have the feeling that boxing is pretty fragmented.

Khamzat deserves 9 billion followers

• People are more interested in Tommy Fury the celebrity, than Tommy Fury the fighter.
AJ, Fury and BJS are the future of British boxing. Which means there isn't much of a future lol

Josh Taylor is one fight away from unifying the 140lb division in under 20 fights, he’s close to a top 10 P4P spot.

Josh Taylor is one fight away from unifying the 140lb division in under 20 fights, he’s close to a top 10 P4P spot.

He's not that well-known outside of Scotland and there's nobody at 140 he can make his name off.

I have already started on the poems. Statues will have to wait though but I have brought two wolf pups in my backyard.
I even figured out how you can write "Borz" in Chechen cyrillic using a combination of capital letters and numbers. Write it down, it's :
6OP3.
@Noxcho18 the above is correct, right?
My Chechen Cyrillic is horrible so i dunno :(

Back