News Chatri announces $1 million openweight tournament

reem wants to participate

Outside of getting a lot of attention, what’s the point of an openweight tournament?
I’m more interesting in seeing something like a -65kg tournament a 65 kg to 77kg tournament and a +85kg tournament if we’re going the “openweight” way.
Bundle weightclasses like three weightclasses, not all weightclasses lol

Outside of getting a lot of attention, what’s the point of an openweight tournament?
I’m more interesting in seeing something like a -65kg tournament a 65 kg to 77kg tournament and a +85kg tournament if we’re going the “openweight” way.

I think it’s just attention. It draws in people for the freak show.

The whole point of weight classes is for fighter safety. Its not that a smaller guy can't beat a bigger guy. Buy if the bigger guy is better etc the damage he can cause is excessive and truly dangerous.
We can assume it will be the top guy in each weight class - so the skill levels are going to be relatively equal. It then comes down to size and power.

Rodtang is amazing and a skilled killer but there is nothing he could do to keep someone like Eersel (or even bigger guys) off of him.

Obviously to generate buzz and money, but i think another reason is that Chatri is probably getting annoyed at making grand prixs and then people miss weight and have to drop out.

Stupid idea for a tournament in this day and age regardless of the reason.

Obviously to generate buzz and money, but i think another reason is that Chatri is probably getting annoyed at making grand prixs and then people miss weight and have to drop out.

Stupid idea for a tournament in this day and age regardless of the reason.
I don't know why he doesn't just get rid of the rehydration testing. The way its done isn't making anything safer. Maybe he is just too stuborn to admit it was a mistake.

Chatri is probably getting annoyed at making grand prixs and then people miss weight and have to drop out.
Chatri, One will have hydration tests to ensure fighter safety.

Also Chatri, fuck it lets have an open weight muay thai grand prix in which some smaller fighters could potentially get seriously hurt.

Ok Chatri mate. Imagine a Rodtang Vs Overeem, is that really what turns people on?

I mean it would probably make more sense to make 2 tournaments then one Max tournament which is everybody 70kg and under and one openweight, like K-1 used to have.

We all know the smallest guys aren't gonna fight heavyweights, that would be extremely dangerous and we all know the outcomes.

Ok Chatri mate. Imagine a Rodtang Vs Overeem, is that really what turns people on?

I mean it would probably make more sense to make 2 tournaments then one Max tournament which is everybody 70kg and under and one openweight, like K-1 used to have.

We all know the smallest guys aren't gonna fight heavyweights, that would be extremely dangerous and we all know the outcomes.

What Chatri is hoping for -

What Chatri will get -

Chatri, One will have hydration tests to ensure fighter safety.

Also Chatri, fuck it lets have an open weight muay thai grand prix in which some smaller fighters could potentially get seriously hurt.
It’s funny how the discussion some days ago was about how Chatri is protecting Rodtang not making him fight Superlek

Some days later Chatri announce possibly Rodtang vs HW around the world

reem wants to participate

This is so retarded. Even if Reem is washed, I wonder how many leg kicks, checked or not, or any 1-2 in the guard these 77 Kgs and less guys can take before something gives.

WTF is this shit.

This is so retarded. Even if Reem is washed, I wonder how many leg kicks, checked or not, or any 1-2 in the guard these 77 Kgs and less guys can take before something gives.

WTF is this shit.

Reem said he’s staying in glory. Not sure what happened in negotiations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back