News Chatri announces $1 million openweight tournament

No weight classes (quoting the tweet "The very best. Irrespective of weight class".

So that means big guys like Eersel and Sinsamut could potentially be entered?

I mean some of the smaller guys are going to be a bit more technical but how they going to keep guys like that off of them who have not only size but skill and power to put them out (without flat out running)?

Even Tawanchai and possibly Superbon are going to be in and they would be a handful for the smaller guys.

Last edited:
Chatri is trying to relive the 90’s
first the style vs style match up now the open weight tournament

Last edited:
No weight classes (quoting the tweet "The very best. Irrespective of weight class".

So that means big guys like Eersel and Sinsamut could potentially be entered?

I mean some of the smaller guys are going to be a bit more technical but how they going to keep guys like that off of them who have not only size but skill and power to put them out (without flat out running)?

Even Tawanchai and possibly Superbon are going to be in and they would be a handful for the smaller guys.

Yeah I’m not sure how some of the smaller guys would do. Tho I’d definitely tune in for
superbon vs rodtang or eersel vs nong o

Yeah I’m not sure how some of the smaller guys would do. Tho I’d definitely tune in for
superbon vs rodtang or eersel vs nong o
As good as those smaller guys are the bigger guys are just as good and will be able to take anything the smaller guys throws at them.

Potential for some brutal stoppages.

This seems pretty stupid. They are supposed to have the rehydration test for fighter safety. Even though it doesn't seem to be done in a safe way at all. Multiple fighters have said they have to gain water and loose it multiple times to make weight.
The whole point of weight classes is for fighter safety. Its not that a smaller guy can't beat a bigger guy. Buy if the bigger guy is better etc the damage he can cause is excessive and truly dangerous.

This might be the most fucking stupid thing I've heard today. Dose Chatri think we're all living in a Bruce Lee film? Superleck and Rodtang could get killed fighting some of these roided out monsters they have at heavyweight.

Back