News Chatri announces $1 million openweight tournament

I guess other fighters will be from 77 kg+ division. Even the best of 70 kg division like Tawanchai would get their asses kicked by Sinsamut.

Reem said he’s staying in glory. Not sure what happened in negotiations
I used Reem as a random illustration. Almost any retired HW K-1 veteran enters this and wins it by a sequence of KOs and TKOs. Guys like Allazov or Petchmorakot or Rodtang cannot digest being hit by HWs, even if they block properly.

I used Reem as a random illustration. Almost any retired HW K-1 veteran enters this and wins it by a sequence of KOs and TKOs. Guys like Allazov or Petchmorakot or Rodtang cannot digest being hit by HWs, even if they block properly.
Sinsamut is about the smallest size that could do ok or well against heavyweights. Look at james toney in boxing for instance a natural middleweight but could take punches from heavyweights. The samuel peters fight is a good example. Also beat holyfield.

Sinsamut is about the smallest size that could do ok or well against heavyweights. Look at james toney in boxing for instance a natural middleweight but could take punches from heavyweights. The samuel peters fight is a good example. Also beat holyfield.
Didn't most snall vs big guys end up in a decision win for the big guy? I am thinking guys like Kaoklai and Nokweed

Didn't most snall vs big guys end up in a decision win for the big guy? I am thinking guys like Kaoklai and Nokweed

For the most part yeah, but there has been some upsets like Kaoklai KO'ing Might Mo and winning a decision vs Alexey Ignashov.

Well with nokweed losing to jerome le banner for example. Nokweed was a good 5 years out of his prime and when he was fighting in his prime he was fighting at around 130-140 pounds. How close the fight was shows how good nokweed was. Kaoklai was generally the smaller guy in his international career but still had some good wins.
If they are close in skill the bigger should generally win. Sinsamut is big enough if he is the more skilled fighter he can win against a heavyweight. He is big and powerful enough to get their respect. While someone like rodtang or superlek they are just too small it doesn't matter how skilled they are.

Also kaoklai amd sinsamut would be around the same size and weight.

Well with nokweed losing to jerome le banner for example. Nokweed was a good 5 years out of his prime and when he was fighting in his prime he was fighting at around 130-140 pounds. How close the fight was shows how good nokweed was. Kaoklai was generally the smaller guy in his international career but still had some good wins.
If they are close in skill the bigger should generally win. Sinsamut is big enough if he is the more skilled fighter he can win against a heavyweight. He is big and powerful enough to get their respect. While someone like rodtang or superlek they are just too small it doesn't matter how skilled they are.
Yeah I was more refuting the statement that KOs would by inevitable, when in fact most fights went to decisions.

Yeah I was more refuting the statement that KOs would by inevitable, when in fact most fights went to decisions.

I think there was more of a difference in skills back then that enabled the lighter guys to survive. Nowadays everybody has access to those training methods, so yeah it's not gonna end well.

So he is doing this in Lumpinee stadium to piss off the Boxing Association of Thailand and pervert Muay Thai even more?

The big difference here is that Toney had the body of a HW when he fought against other HWs. He was 217 lbs against Holyfield and 234 lbs against Peters.

Unless Sinsamut can put on 50 lbs before entering the tournament, he won't be able to handle HWs. Even if he checked their kicks, the mass difference would be so big he would get lifted off the ground.

Back