• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News *** Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev MEGA THREAD PART II (OFFICIAL FOR UFC 280, 10/22) ***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I watched this before and... idk, isn't the weasel a bit too biased for charles? saying that islam only moves back as a defense on the feet is just wrong. drunk head movement still counts, especially when it works.

weasle also predicted tony to beat nate

tony lost every round of that fight and was finished

They finally meet face to face. A respectful interaction... wouldn't have expected any different from these two.

Damn Charles looks like he is struggling.. Hope he makes weight.

Damn Charles looks like he is struggling.. Hope he makes weight.
He never missed weight in LW, including his last fight where he was ROBBED. 13 fights and almost six years.

The man is getting out from a sauna and you say he's "struggling". Every damn fighter struggles in the weight cut process, no shit. Easy to make an encounter and say nonsense things at that situation.

If were Islam in the same situation, in the cut weight process, what would you say? Hypocrite.

"Chris Wade is no Oliveira" "I'm not saying Oliveira on top would be instant death"
Wade has better wrestling than Oliveira. It's funny that the commentary (especially Rogan) was saying Felder was in grave danger every time it went to the ground during the Felder/Oliveira fight. Felder survived a deep darce and other submissions. When he got on top of Oliveira, Rogan and the whole team thought he should disengage and standup. Felder proceeded to maul Oliveira whenever he was on top. I think Oliveira's grappling is very overrated. Could Islam get caught in a submission? Anything is possible but I think it is highly unlikely. I think everyone will be surprised how much better Islam is on the ground. I expect Islam to dominate the grappling. I think Charles has the obvious edge on the feet. I'm excited to see this fight, the matchup intrigues me.

You think wade is a better wrestler than charles. You think islam will dominate the grappling, and you think having charles on top of him is no big deal. You're also hyper focused on the felder fight for some reason.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that wade is a better mma wrestler than Charles -- they average about the same amount of takedowns per 15 minutes (wade is very, very slightly higher), but charles did it while facing far better competition, and charles has better takedown defense, and charles is bigger. I also haven't seen any reason to completely brush off the possibility of charles getting on top. Is it unlkely? yeah, but it's a possibility, and a dangerous one.

Are you just supremely confident in Islam's bottom game, or are you just supremely confident that Charles can't sweep him to end up on top and taken him down and end up on top?

Last edited:
I think that DC mentions Oliveira on top as the worst case scenario is because Oliveira rarely finish people from bottom position , he has a better chance of working his bjj from top position, not because Makhachev is not good in the bottom position.Oliveira is more of an opportunistic finisher than someone who slowly build towards a sub.

From what I've seen, Islam is nowhere near as comfortable on his back as he is on top. This isn't a knock on him either. It may not matter at all because it's so hard to put him there.

He never missed weight in LW, including his last fight where he was ROBBED. 13 fights and almost six years.

The man is getting out from a sauna and you say he's "struggling". Every damn fighter struggles in the weight cut process, no shit. Easy to make an encounter and say nonsense things at that situation.

If were Islam in the same situation, in the cut weight process, what would you say? Hypocrite.
Who hurt you?

He missed weight his last fight whether you like it or not. Its a fact.

Im saying he is struggling cause he looks like he is struggling.

Yes I would. I would say I hope he makes weight just as I said for Charles cause I want to see the fight.

How am I a hypocrite?

Back