Charles Martin Vs Anthony Joshua 7 May From London

jamzmaxwell

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
For IBF Heavy Weight Title Anthony Joshua Challenged Charles Martin. Eddie Hearn confirmed the fight. Who do you think will be on the winning side.

You have to take it to Joshua in order to beat him.

Martin is too slow ... he stands too far away when he throws his punches ... he's poorly positioned when he misses ... sometimes he even lifts his rear foot as he jabs or throws a power rear hand ... his connect ratio is laughable.
And the way he stands straight up, could make him a sitting duck vs. someone like AJ. He's not pulling his head after he throws, not slipping and not ducking under.

But aside from that he seems like a nice guy.

Last edited:
AJ all day but then its open season on him, risky business.

RIP in peace Martin. You absolutely suck.

Pick'em fight that won't go the distance.
Martin will shock the world and lay out Joshua in 4.

Man, it's getting a little bit old hearing everyone talk about how slowly these "prospects" should be brought up. Joshua was a Olympic gold medalist, right? And now he's 26 years old. So, what the heeeeeeeeell would he be waiting for? Sugar Ray Leonard fought Benitez at 23, and Duran at 24. Hearns fought Leonard at 23. Tyson was champ at, what, 20?

We treat grown men with Olympic medals like babies these days. They need to get their asses in there and fight in their mid to late 20's. That is their prime, not their prospect years. Sometimes I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I hear fans talking about slow people should come along.

We still have people on here saying Danny Garcia is being eased into fights. The same Garcia that fought top ranked champions in his early to mid-20s. People say Crawford is not ready for a big fight with Pacquiao...when the hell is this 28 year old going to be ready? Come on, man.

Fans have bought into promoter-talk. We are not promoters, we can ignore their bullshit. They are trying to make money off cake-walk fights, that is all. These guys are all ready.

Oh, and Martin by KO.

USA! USA! USA!

...then Deontay by KO.

The only reason this fight is happening is cus of the money Martin can make, which is the right thing for him to do as he will not have the belt long, and this is likely to be his biggest pay day, win or lose.
Fair play to both fighters; Martin for taking potentially a horrible fight for his first defence, and josh for stepping up for a title shot after only 16 fights. I think josh has a really good chance to win the strap, but his problem will he the pressure to fight either Haye of fury, later this year, which is definately too soon. If he wins the belt there will be too much pressure from fans and media for it not to happen this year.

I actually think this is a fun fight.

Man, it's getting a little bit old hearing everyone talk about how slowly these "prospects" should be brought up. Joshua was a Olympic gold medalist, right? And now he's 26 years old. So, what the heeeeeeeeell would he be waiting for? Sugar Ray Leonard fought Benitez at 23, and Duran at 24. Hearns fought Leonard at 23. Tyson was champ at, what, 20?

We treat grown men with Olympic medals like babies these days. They need to get their asses in there and fight in their mid to late 20's. That is their prime, not their prospect years. Sometimes I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I hear fans talking about slow people should come along.

We still have people on here saying Danny Garcia is being eased into fights. The same Garcia that fought top ranked champions in his early to mid-20s. People say Crawford is not ready for a big fight with Pacquiao...when the hell is this 28 year old going to be ready? Come on, man.

Fans have bought into promoter-talk. We are not promoters, we can ignore their bullshit. They are trying to make money off cake-walk fights, that is all. These guys are all ready.

You are correct.

Do you think this fight falls in line with that though? I like them putting two up and comers in against each other.

The only reason this fight is happening is cus of the money Martin can make, which is the right thing for him to do as he will not have the belt long, and this is likely to be his biggest pay day, win or lose.

I agree.

Fair play to both fighters; Martin for taking potentially a horrible fight for his first defence, and josh for stepping up for a title shot after only 16 fights. I think josh has a really good chance to win the strap, but his problem will he the pressure to fight either Haye of fury, later this year, which is definately too soon. If he wins the belt there will be too much pressure from fans and media for it not to happen this year.

He won a Gold medal, has been a pro for 2.5 years, and he's moving into his late 20's. Now is the time to take the real fights.

If it is the number of professional fights that he has had that is making people say he's not ready, that is his own decision to only fight 16 times.

2.5 years into Mike Tyson's career he had 31 fights and had been champ for a year. SRL had 25 fights, and was already champion. Klitschko had 27 fights 2.5 years into his career.

You are correct.

Do you think this fight falls in line with that though? I like them putting two up and comers in against each other.
I think this is perfect. This is the exact time that Joshua should take this fight. If he beats Martin, who I consider a low-level champion, then he should move on to fight Ortiz, Wilder, Povetkin, etc.

If he beats one of them, then he should fight Fury.

I think Joshua is doing the right thing, I just think it's funny that people think he's moving too fast or something. He's been moving pretty slow, not taking many fights, and has given himself plenty of time to develop. I feel good about this matchup.

In b4 the AJ white knight rampage.

I think this is perfect. This is the exact time that Joshua should take this fight. If he beats Martin, who I consider a low-level champion, then he should move on to fight Ortiz, Wilder, Povetkin, etc.

If he beats one of them, then he should fight Fury.
Agreed. Pretty pleased with this one.

I have AJ winning this one but Martin gets some respect in the process.

All the talk of stepping up reminds me of what The Great One did to Reid.

Agreed. Pretty pleased with this one.

I have AJ winning this one but Martin gets some respect in the process.
Yeah, I have AJ winning, but I'm rooting for and pretending to believe Martin can win because he's American.

If he wins, I'd have no hesitation about putting him in there with Haye next. That would be a huge fight as far as money and publicity goes. Haye has more experience, but Joshua is way bigger, so I have no reason to say he should be shielded from Haye at that point.

Yeah, I have AJ winning, but I'm rooting for and pretending to believe Martin can win because he's American.

If he wins, I'd have no hesitation about putting him in there with Haye next. That would be a huge fight as far as money and publicity goes. Haye has more experience, but Joshua is way bigger, so I have no reason to say he should be shielded from Haye at that point.
Haye is also old and has been inactive. Joshua should be licking his chops to fight Haye.

Back