Chapelle show goat sketch comedy show?

Mike

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
There's a marathon on comedy central and I've had it playing in the background all day. Show's so hilarious and has aged pretty well. I don't laugh out loud at a lot of comedies, but I've been dying all day watching these reruns. Just about every sketch is funny, and so many awesome recurring characters like Paul Money playing Negrodamus, Charlie /Murphy with his hilarious delivery. Even Bill Burr is in it, which I didn't notice the first time around as he wasn't a big name yet.

Anyway I hear people mention other sketch shows, but SNL is consistently inconsistent for decades now, Key and Peele has way too much corny unfunny garbage, etc. Do you agree that Chapelle's show was the best, and if not what is your favorite? If any Mods see this can I get a poll?

Funny I was talking about this show being the best with a couple friends last night. The black white supremacist was hilarious.

The answer is Beanie Hill.

Carroll Burnett was also great. In Living Color, Ben Stiller, Rowan and Martin's Laugh in.

Television is older than 10 years old. There was some great shows from the past.

I f'ing love chappelle show, keeping it real goes wrong sketches are fantastic, also player haters ball, r Kelly piss on you , the dice game sketch, etc. Show is awesome, also killing them softly was amazing

Yes. By Far.

giphy.gif

Funny I was talking about this show being the best with a couple friends last night. The black white supremacist was hilarious.

I thought of that skit as soon as I read the thread title.

clayton-bigsby-k1-300x196.jpg

Yep, too bad Hollywood tried to control him. Glad he stood by his beliefs and didn't let dem reptilians get to him.

It's the best.
Doubt there's even a "bad" episode.

My favorite skit was the mad real
world. Followed by the Mos Def
episode where he plays a gang
leader, "cornrow"

yessss.png

No, Mr.Show was far better.

Chappelle show isn't that funny anymore, doesn't stand the test of time for some reason.

Easily, Comedy Central has been trying to find a replacement for it for years. Only reason Mencia had a show.

Love that show. Still quote stuff from it with my friends

It's the best.
Doubt there's even a "bad" episode.

My favorite skit was the mad real
world. Followed by the Mos Def
episode where he plays a gang
leader, "cornrow"

yessss.png

Agreed. That was and still is so fucking funny.

I think The Whitest Kids U Know seasons 1 and 2 are better, but the rest sucks. Overall, it's probably Chapelle.

There's a marathon on comedy central and I've had it playing in the background all day. Show's so hilarious and has aged pretty well. I don't laugh out loud at a lot of comedies, but I've been dying all day watching these reruns. Just about every sketch is funny, and so many awesome recurring characters like Paul Money playing Negrodamus, Charlie /Murphy with his hilarious delivery. Even Bill Burr is in it, which I didn't notice the first time around as he wasn't a big name yet.

Anyway I hear people mention other sketch shows, but SNL is consistently inconsistent for decades now, Key and Peele has way too much corny unfunny garbage, etc. Do you agree that Chapelle's show was the best, and if not what is your favorite? If any Mods see this can I get a poll?
Chapelle Show was great, and I'm glad it only lasted 2 seasons (plus the lost tapes season)...who knows if it would've gotten stale after 2 seasons?

You can't compare SNL with Chapelle, though. Two totally different types of comedies, deliveries, jokes, etc.

"What's the square root of this apartment?"

Bennie Hill was GOAT. I also laughed my ass off numerous times watching Kids In The Hall.

Back