Chandler is too little

Chandler doesnt dose his energy very well, waste too many energy for little pay off a lot of times, but since is only 3 rounds i think he will win, but will brooks won by neutralizing him very well with fighting long and defending taking downs, it's doable.

Which is why I really wanted Hooker vs Gaethje. Somebody definitely gets finished in that one.
True but Gaethje would've been a more winnable fight for Chandler compared to Hooker. Their styles are too similar and their size. Gaethje can be hurt and it'll turn more into a brawl when that happens and Chandler hits hard enough to be able to hurt or KO/TKO Gaethje like Poirer and Alvarez was able to do. The Hooker fight is actually a much harder fight for Chandler. It's going to be harder for Chandler to use his strengths vs Hooker compared to Gaethje.

Hooker definitely is capable of finishing Chandler, I don't think Chandler will be able to finish Hooker though. Hooker has shown his chin is durable vs fighters that seems to hit harder than Chandler.

Chandler is old for a lightweight. Should have done this at 29 max with less mileage on him.

Yeah, I'd be a lot more excited about this if he came over before losing the belt to Eddie or after beating Benson the first time. I still want to see him do well, but I don't have the gut feeling that he's going to come in and steamroll anybody.

Chandlers a fucking tank bruv

Just cause he’s not as tall as some of the others, he’s not giving up any “size”

It actually has made a difference in his fights. Made the striking exchanges favor him until he gets tired. Plus name a fight where he was taken down and held down for long periods of time in his fights. Chandler most likely catches a knee after failing to secure control from take down attempts. Plus Chandler is a bit chinny so so he can get clipped by a punch too and get rocked. I don't think he can KO Hooker, no one else has been able to. He went down from body shots only, I can see Chandler trying to replicate that but can catch a knee if he goes for it too often and it becomes overly predictable.
This could be accurate. I really have a hard time predicting this one. Chandler always looks super explosive and is the toughest wrestler Hooker faced (correct me if I'm wrong). It's just impossible for me to judge if his wrestling is good enough to take Hooker down. If not, I don't see him win

I think this is a bad match-up for Chandler. Hooker's got good TDD, his long arms in this because Chandler is short will make it tough to win clinch exchanges, also with the knees and elbows, and get a shot off. From distance Hooker's like a foot taller and is quite good from range. I think Hooker by TKO.

Since Jon Jones
Last I checked Stefan Struve at 7 feet tall never won a HW belt...If height and reach were the primary keys to success then UFC champions would be more like basketball players i.e. tall and skinny (max height). Khabib not tall and thin. GSP not tall and thin. Height and reach are nice to have, but not the end all be all. Mike Tyson was a 5 foot 10 inch HW boxing champion who use to destroy other boxers (all taller than him) and he didn't even have the benefit of take-downs, grappling, submissions, GnP and other techniques that MMA fighters can use to offset reach deficit.

Last edited:
This could be accurate. I really have a hard time predicting this one. Chandler always looks super explosive and is the toughest wrestler Hooker faced (correct me if I'm wrong). It's just impossible for me to judge if his wrestling is good enough to take Hooker down. If not, I don't see him win
Yeah Chandler probably has the best wrestling but he's fought some great grapplers like Gilbert Burns and Jim Miller. I feel like Hookers size will be hard for Chandler to secure control for too long even if he is successful in getting take downs. Plus the extra size difference will make Chandler work harder to get the take downs with Hooker's higher hips and longer legs. Also having to explode from farther away, to get into range quick enough, without getting hit on the way in with strikes from Hooker.

Yeah Chandler probably has the best wrestling but he's fought some great grapplers like Gilbert Burns and Jim Miller. I feel like Hookers size will be hard for Chandler to secure control for too long even if he is successful in getting take downs. Plus the extra size difference will make Chandler work harder to get the take downs with Hooker's higher hips and longer legs. Also having to explode from farther away, to get into range quick enough, without getting hit on the way in with strikes from Hooker.

Burns was compromised at LW, he's looked far better at WW and I wouldn't say 2018 Jim Miller is a great grappler compared to Chandler at all, especially when it comes to takedowns.

I think the fight is close to 50/50 though.

Well, if you type Michael Chandler in Google Search, the first result is

.....michael chandler height

Just saying.

Burns was compromised at LW, he's looked far better at WW and I wouldn't say 2018 Jim Miller is a great grappler compared to Chandler at all, especially when it comes to takedowns.

I think the fight is close to 50/50 though.
Can be the case but I believe the size difference will be a factor. Trying to take down and maintain control over someone with that kind of size difference is a lot harder than doing it vs people closer to your size. The longer legs and higher hips will make Chandlers usual take downs harder to do and it'll be even harder for him to leverage his weight with that height difference. Also a lot harder to maintain control once he gets him down with the longer limbs. Plus striking Hooker has all the advantages with longer reach in his arms and legs. Chandler is going to have to get past the reach disadvantage by constantly trying to explode in. Hooker has a solid knee up the middle that he likes to use a lot for that type of fighter - that likes to explode in by level changing for strikes or a take down.

chandler got beat by a featherweight from a B-league organization just 18 months ago.

I think he'll be another Askren tbh

He won't be able to take down Hooker

I agree he won't beat Hooker. He'll win some good fights in the UFC though, unlike Benjamin Askren. (That Lawyer victory was a "gift". Should have been stopped when Askren was out after he got slammed.)

Back