Chandler is too little

Why would you compare him to Askren when you can compare him to Will Brooks? Who was a top ten lightweight according to Sherdog for a while when in Bellator. And was a lot younger when he got signed to the ufc

I think he'll be another Askren tbh

He won't be able to take down Hooker
I said this in the past, but others disagree. I consider Chandler a bulked up LW. I always thought 145 pounds would be more suitable for him. He is only a legit 5 foot 7, despite his billed height of 5 foot 8. Reach is 70.5 inches. I think Hooker beats him, and hopefully Chandler drops down a weight class.

He is listed as 5’8” which is only 1” shorter than Poirier and McGregor. Not sure how accurate that is but many at lightweight are in that range. Olivera, Gaethje and Khabib are all 5’10”, Kevin Lee is 5’9” and Dos Anjou is 5’8”.

Hooker is tall for that weight class but that hasn’t made much a difference in his fights.
Chandler is not 5 foot 8. He is a legit 5 foot 7. Listed heights of the UFC can be a joke at times. Like how Yoel Romero went from 5 foot 10 to 6 feet, when he became title contender. Other countless examples of Conor McGregor being listed at 5 foot 11 against Diego Brandao; and guys like Anthony Smith and Shane Carwin being listed at 6 foot 5.

In before Chandler beats Hooker and the Hooker wasn't ever really good train takes off

I thought he looked way bigger than conor at the weigh in... are they the same height?

I think Chandler can probably take Dan down, but no way he can hold him down for a significant amount of time.
I also think he get pieced up and likely finished on the feet.
Hooker has the skills to be a top 3 guy imo, just needs to fight a bit smarter

Why do people always think height is the only way to measure size. Chandler weighs around 183 when he fights that is very heavy for the LW division. Tibau in his prime weighed around the same in the cage. Chandler is a short LW but he is a big LW.

Before this week I had Hooker beating him, but Chandler seems so damn confident that he’s turned me around.

Chandler is his own worse enemy...also those past injuries might haunt him...I actually favor him vs. Hooker...

Could very easily be the ol' wrestler overhand right on the tall lanky striker BOOOOM

I do see Hooker catching him with a knee though and finishing him on the ground with strikes

What does “another Askren” mean? Is Askren the only fighter to come from Bellator? What about Volkov? These casuals are actually hilarious. Askren was 6 years removed from his last Bellator fight as well. The inaccuracies are just comical. Just admit you don’t know shit about mma at this point.

will brooks was way better than michael chandler and the dude got absolutely destroyed in UFC

chandler will get wrecked and further prove why UFC is better than bellator

DANA BLESS

I don't think he can KO Hooker, no one else has been able to. He went down from body shots only
Which is why I really wanted Hooker vs Gaethje. Somebody definitely gets finished in that one.

Hooker's tough, I wouldn't be shocked to see him beat Chandler. Chandler is a lot better fighter than Askren other was though, not really comparable. That said he's 35 and a LW. No guarantee for success in the UFC but he's had a great career regardless.

Calling Chandler the next Askren might be the worst comparison I’ve ever heard, in every since of the comparison. If I ignore this guy, does that block all future threads he creates as well?

Back