Chances WMMA exists after Rousey?

It's part of the UFC now, they aren't going to just cut 2 divisions because Ronda retires. They kept LHW after Chuck retired didn't they? The world moves on.

The first time I watched WMMA was the very first Smackgirl show. WMMA has come a long way since then. The number of fights, promotions and female fighters has steadily grown since then. These numbers increased steadily for 10 years before Rousey had her first pro bout. Now, with Rousey's influence on young female athletes out there, I think we'll see even more women entering MMA. I'd say the OP is dead wrong - completely backwards, 180 degrees askew and pointed in the wrong direction. WMMA will continue to grow (even faster now)...and new stars will be born after Rousey retires.

Jarl

If WMMA existed in 2005 and you had the time to watch it and say it has come along way since then, I would hate to have known what you were doing in 2005 to have been wasting the time to watch such horrible fights.

Penn2012

WMMA will be fine once Ronda departs. The fact that I now watch WMMA honestly has nothing to do with Ronda even as I like, and respect her.

Gina Carano first turned my attention to WMMA, when she left, so did my interest. Joanna Champion reignited that interest after she destroyed Carla, and JJ ain't going nowhere.

If WMMA existed in 2005 and you had the time to watch it and say it has come along way since then, I would hate to have known what you were doing in 2005 to have been wasting the time to watch such horrible fights.

Penn2012

If you don't like women sports that's fine but other people do.

We have wives and daughters and enjoy watching women compete.

You don't have to be an asshole about it.

Tate is more popular than some male UFC champs.

Unlike team sports where teams with long history can exist for centuries and overcome some downfalls, single sports contain lots of people who rise to the top and then fade into the obscurity (or happy memories of fans). It will always go this way. So, Rousey will eventually retire, and somebody will fill the gap like it has always been. So-called "changing the guard". WMMA won't necessarily have the star of Rousey's, but it's expectable.

Last edited:
What about JJ? Michelle waterson? All the new females they've been signing?

You know nothing BJPenn2012.

Wmma is staying I like how it makes you angry.

Last edited:
The chance of it continues to exist is as sure as the chance of TS continue making worthless threads.

WMMA will be fine once Ronda departs. The fact that I now watch WMMA honestly has nothing to do with Ronda even as I like, and respect her.

Gina Carano first turned my attention to WMMA, when she left, so did my interest. Joanna Champion reignited that interest after she destroyed Carla, and JJ ain't going nowhere.

Same here. I didn't watch MMA at the Carano era though, it's TUF 20 and Joanna Jedrzejczyk who brought me to a new experience. I don't like squash matches at all, because of that and the personality I don't tune in for Rousey.

WMMA will be just fine without Rousey.

Unless rousey detonates a super hydrogen bomb that blows up the entire planet including her, wmma will exist after rousey. Are you seriously that's stupid that you think it'll just completely die after she retires? Wmma existed before rousey you dolt.

Back