Chances Jacare Takes The UFC Belt in 2015

Weidman is like the absolute worst matchup for him.

See I feel it may be the other way around. Though it was a short notice fight & he's improved in leaps & bounds since, Weidman's closest fight thus far was Maia. Maia is a sub par striker with a limited arsenal & not much power. His BJJ however allows him to have no fear of the takedown. Chris is a very skilled MMA practicioner. He excels at keeping guys off balance with good striking, constant pressure & takedowns, but when his opponent can strike freely (as Maia did & as Machida did for 2.5 rounds), he's hittable.

Jacare is Maia 2.0. His striking is much more powerful & can knock your head off, & IMO his BJJ is even better. He's stronger in all posisitions, he's faster, & he's got a killer instinct on the feet Maia lacks. If Jacare & Weidman square off, the striking would be very competitive & if it hits the mat, advantage Souza.

See I feel it may be the other way around. Though it was a short notice fight & he's improved in leaps & bounds since, Weidman's closest fight thus far was Maia. Maia is a sub par striker with a limited arsenal & not much power. His BJJ however allows him to have no fear of the takedown. Chris is a very skilled MMA practicioner. He excels at keeping guys off balance with good striking, constant pressure & takedowns, but when his opponent can strike freely (as Maia did & as Machida did for 2.5 rounds), he's hittable.

Jacare is Maia 2.0. His striking is much more powerful & can knock your head off, & IMO his BJJ is even better. He's stronger in all posisitions, he's faster, & he's got a killer instinct on the feet Maia lacks. If Jacare & Weidman square off, the striking would be very competitive & if it hits the mat, advantage Souza.

I think people will see this come fight time.

Rock hold has a better chance. Jascare is amazing, but not the brst

The Maia performance is due to the fact that he cut like 30lbs in a week. And he still won. Jacare can't take Weidman down. if he somehow does in a scramble, Weidman's BJJ is also ADCC level (though obvi not as good as Jac's) and he can avoid subs/get back to his feet. the fight would play out on the feet, and while Jacare might have a slight punching power advantage, The Chris's striking game and size will prove too much for the gator man.

The Maia performance is due to the fact that he cut like 30lbs in a week. And he still won. Jacare can't take Weidman down. if he somehow does in a scramble, Weidman's BJJ is also ADCC level (though obvi not as good as Jac's) and he can avoid subs/get back to his feet. the fight would play out on the feet, and while Jacare might have a slight punching power advantage, The Chris's striking game and size will prove too much for the gator man.

Jacare doesn't need to take him down. I think this entire fight [For the most part] takes place standing.

Weidman isn't an elite striker. IMO his striking is no better than Jacare's. He has looked impressive on the feet in the same way Chael outstruck Anderson on the feet. It's relative to his wrestling threat.

I doubt the takedown threat will affect Jacare's game. In this respect I predict the fight plays out on the feet & Chris will look sloppy for the first time in his reign.

That being said I feel Weidman will do just enough to squeeze out a 48-47 or a SD. If he gets through this fight I can't see any current MW's dethroning him.

Weidman was rolling with the best like 5 years ago with only 9 months training and doing very well we really don't know how good he is on the ground nowadays but if the past is an indicater he is someone you don't wanna be on the ground with and someone who would be very hard to sub for even the best at BJJ.

Hello Mr. Run on sentence.

Of course Jacare has a chance, and a good one. No one (including me) gave Weedman a chance vs Andy, we saw how that turned out. I think it's a fun match up. I hope it would hit the ground...

Jacare coming off best win of his career. ...stopped a stud and at age 34 looks to genetically evolved.This is a different fighter than the one who got edged by Rockhold.If he has his mind on gapplef#$king u, hes gonna be tough to deal with. The problem is that champ is physically huge and is also a grappling ace.

Stopped a stud? Sure Gegard is talented but it was a tailor made matchup for Jacare because Gegard has no take down defense. I mean Gegard got taken down like 10 times by Keith Jardine. He even lost to King Mo. He's never improved his Take down defense.

Before Jacare can even get a glimpse of the title he'll have to go through Yoel Romero. Someone who's not going to get taken down as easily and who is constantly improving. Someone who demolished Tim Kennedy in 3 rounds, something Jacare couldn't even come close to doing.

Only if he gets by Romero will I be sold on him having a chance against Weidman.

He couldn't get passed rockhold in strikeforce, he's gotten better but don't think he's that much of a different fighter than what Luke fought but I could be totally wrong

"Jacare can't take Weidman down"...i love how some on Sherdog talk in absolutes. Other Sherdog classics include:

- "Anderson will retire undefeated"
- "Chuck can't be knocked out"
- "Edgar won't get anymore title shots" :icon_lol:

Jacare has fought top grapplers for many many years, he isn't Andy or Pee drinking guy. I want to see this fight, and see what happens if it hits the floor.

Weidman dwarfs his fellow middleweights more than Jon dwarfs his fellow LHWs.
Ever see them around each other? Weidman is the same goddamn size just about.

also, great wrestler with sub defense > bjj... Weidman will not be threatened unless he puts himself there like an idiot, and on the feet he would completely murder Jacare.

Troll confirmed.

or

Moron confirmed.

or

Both confirmed.

Weidman is like the absolute worst matchup for him.

For everybody. Weidman is too well-rounded for anybody to to try and exploit any part of his game.

Jacare or any challenger needs to bring the fight to him by being stronger, faster, better cardio and more durable.

A flash KO or sub is always a possibility.

jacare vs wiedman on the feet is even.. on the matt jacare would be able to get the better position, but weidman mixes it all better so i give jacare a 40 percent chance in this fight

Weidman will knock him out in two rounds.

Jacare doesn't need to take him down. I think this entire fight [For the most part] takes place standing.

Weidman isn't an elite striker. IMO his striking is no better than Jacare's. He has looked impressive on the feet in the same way Chael outstruck Anderson on the feet. It's relative to his wrestling threat.

I doubt the takedown threat will affect Jacare's game. In this respect I predict the fight plays out on the feet & Chris will look sloppy for the first time in his reign.

That being said I feel Weidman will do just enough to squeeze out a 48-47 or a SD. If he gets through this fight I can't see any current MW's dethroning him.

chris might not be an "elite" striker but he somehow beat machida and silva in stand up battles. machida had his moments in the fight but chris shut him down in 1 and 2 and knocked him silly in 3 and 5.

He should be sorry that he didn't come around when Anderson still held the belt, Weidman is a nightmare matchup for him. The division is a shark tank, lots of tough matchups around. I would be very surprised if he got the belt.

Troll confirmed.

or

Moron confirmed.

or

Both confirmed.

You gotta love the posters who have no substance to add to a debate & just get their post count up in any way possible. I'm not saying Jacare wins. Its a fight I'd love to see. But you're the moron if you think everyone with a differing opinion than yours is a troll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back