Champions who selected and stalled. Didnt fight anyone?

He fought Luis Ortiz and Fury twice, what are you talking about?
Not fighting Anthony Joshua, I'm assuming.
It didn't work out for him very well, as he just got smoked by Fury.

I mean, it wasn't his fault, but Cain fucked up the HW title picture for like 3 years by not fighting.

Yeh, you conveniently leave out that it was a cherry pick gone wrong, Fury was coming off a 2 year coke and alchol binge, nearly killed himself and weighed 400lbs. His title defences before that were Stiverne twice, Molina,Duhaupas, Szpilka, Arreloa, Washington and his only decent defence Ortiz.

Ok, so you admit he had defences so who did he duck?

AJ has made it very clear he doesn't want to fight elite fighters. That's why he hasn't fought Wilder or Fury. Fury is a tougher fight than AJ is 100%.

Whyte has been unfortunate but is a victim of boxing politics moreso than Wilder ducking him, the drug test failure didn't help him even though it came out clean.

Fury is definitely, definitely not a cherry pick. The Wilder fight wasn't agreed until Fury was already into his comeback and had lost the weight, it's not like Wilder called him out when he was at his lowest peak.

Not fighting Anthony Joshua, I'm assuming.
It didn't work out for him very well, as he just got smoked by Fury.

AJ is the one who has ducked all the HW's, not Wilder and I say that from the UK, most of us here know AJ doesn't want any of Wilder or Fury, he's lost a fair few fans over here because of the constant stalling.

Bisping really stands alone in this topic. There have been champs that may not have wanted to fight " that one guy" like Tito/ Chuck but I really cant come up with real valid names outside the Brit. I still dont know how he got away with what he got away with.

AJ is the one who has ducked all the HW's, not Wilder and I say that from the UK, most of us here know AJ doesn't want any of Wilder or Fury, he's lost a fair few fans over here because of the constant stalling.
I am a Brit, whos's fought more top 10s out of AJ Fury and Wilder? AJ, as a matter of fact AJ has fought more top 10s than Wilder and Fury combined. Who turned down $120mill to fight AJ, Wilder did. He hasn't lost fans for stalling, his lost fans due to that whole Buy black statement and Fury becoming the number 1 man in the div has turned it into team AJ or Team Fury.

Last edited:
Ok, so you admit he had defences so who did he duck?

AJ has made it very clear he doesn't want to fight elite fighters. That's why he hasn't fought Wilder or Fury. Fury is a tougher fight than AJ is 100%.

Whyte has been unfortunate but is a victim of boxing politics moreso than Wilder ducking him, the drug test failure didn't help him even though it came out clean.

Fury is definitely, definitely not a cherry pick. The Wilder fight wasn't agreed until Fury was already into his comeback and had lost the weight, it's not like Wilder called him out when he was at his lowest peak.
He ducked Klitscho, his manager said he was a baby and wasn't ready for Klitscho, how many unification fights has wilder had, how many top 10s has he beat? And Fury was well out of shape his dad begged him not to fight as he knew he wasn't ready. AJ beat Martin for the title, then defended against Breazdale in his first title defence, wilder fought him like 2 years ago, Molina, then Unified against Klitscho, and another UNIFICATION fight against parker. Takam, Parker,Povetkin, Ruiz all top 10 opponents. AJ was the one making offers to Wilder, Wilder turned down $120mill to fight him. Admit he has defences? he cherry picked all his defences LMAO.

I am a Brit, whos's fought more top 10s out of AJ Fury and Wilder? AJ, as a matter of fact AJ has fought more top 10s than Wilder and Fury combined. Who turned down $120mill to fight AJ, Wilder did. He hasn't lost fans for stalling, his lost fans due to that whole Buy black statement and Fury becoming the number 1 man in the div has turned it into team AJ or Team Fury.

Spoken like a true Eddie Hearn stan.

Joshua had lost fans way before the BLM stuff, the whole humble act was transparent even a few years ago, I'd say since the superior race DM's were leaked adding in between him agreeing to fight Pulev over any actual solid names.

Whose AJ's top 10 wins? Klitcschko, was Whyte top 10 when he fought him? I don't think he was and Ruiz wasn't either, only in the rematch because AJ got finished by him and won the belt. EDIT. Forgot about Parker.

You say top 10 guys when AJ is fighting the top 9 or top 8 guys when Fury and Wilder are two number 1 guys fighting each other in a trilogy.

I'm not here saying Wilder is better than any of them but if you're accusing Wilder of ducking, AJ is just as guilty of that.

Conor, hands down, no debate. Bisping could've faced anyone else but Henderson and GSP, but at least he gave someone a shot to take the belt. Conor was never going to let someone take his marketing tools away unless the company came in and stripped him like they ultimately did.

Okay.. well he was SELECTIVE and STALLED which is part of TS' title.

He didn't stall, GSP did. The fight was announced and GSP then decided he needed another 6 months to train and get in shape.

Also if having the chance to be the only guy to get wins over Anderson AND GSP is selective, I kinda can't blame him.

Conrat held the LW belt hostage for 17 MONTHS

November 2016 till April 2018
At least he came back and fought Khabib who is legit best lightweight. While he did hold the belt hostage, he was making history with the Mayweather fight.

Joshua had lost fans way before the BLM stuff, the whole humble act was transparent even a few years ago, I'd say since the superior race DM's were leaked adding in between him agreeing to fight Pulev over any actual solid names.

Whose AJ's top 10 wins? Klitcschko, was Whyte top 10 when he fought him? I don't think he was and Ruiz wasn't either, only in the rematch because AJ got finished by him and won the belt. EDIT. Forgot about Parker.

You say top 10 guys when AJ is fighting the top 9 or top 8 guys when Fury and Wilder are two number 1 guys fighting each other in a trilogy.

I'm not here saying Wilder is better than any of them but if you're accusing Wilder of ducking, AJ is just as guilty of that.

You clearly don't know shit about boxing, He's fighting Pulev because..... that's his MANDATORY, I'm guessing you don't know what that means though so nvm. The fact that AJ hasn't fought Fury and Wilder are legit concerns, until you see that Fury had his meltdown and was out of the game for 2 years, than signed a 2 fight contract with Wilder. Wilder never wanted the AJ fight, hence why they turned down the initial £15mill contract and then later on turned down $120mill from DAZN. Btw Ortiz also turned down a career high payday to fight AJ. AJ also has half the fights and has the much better record.

Bisping is the obvious answer here. I love the guy, but man did he hold up the MW division when there was a load of killers at the top who were worthy of getting title shots.
Romero, Whittaker, Jacare, Mousasi, Weidman, Rockhold etc...
it’s very clear to me why Bisping chose a 46 year old Hendo and also very clear why GSP did not want to defend.

At least he came back and fought Khabib who is legit best lightweight. While he did hold the belt hostage, he was making history with the Mayweather fight.
Khabib slapping Lobov and bus gate brought him back.

You clearly don't know shit about boxing, He's fighting Pulev because..... that's his MANDATORY, I'm guessing you don't know what that means though so nvm. The fact that AJ hasn't fought Fury and Wilder are legit concerns, until you see that Fury had his meltdown and was out of the game for 2 years, than signed a 2 fight contract with Wilder. Wilder never wanted the AJ fight, hence why they turned down the initial £15mill contract and then later on turned down $120mill from DAZN. Btw Ortiz also turned down a career high payday to fight AJ. AJ also has half the fights and has the much better record.

Yeah, instantly go with the casual line because you've lost an argument. From memory AJ refused to fight Wilder at 50/50 split in America even though AJ isn't a draw in America.

I think you're the one that doesn't know too much about it because if you've watched boxing the last few years you'd know mandatory doesn't mean shit. AJ has chose to fight his mandatory rather than Wilder or Fury, the same way Wilder and Fury chose to not fight the mandatory in Whyte and each other instead.

Fury's been back in the game for 2 maybe even 3 years now. How many times has that been rumoured and never materialised? I assume Fury is ducking AJ aswell yeah?

If you believe everything Eddie Hearn and Sky Sports tell you, It's best we just agree to disagree and i'll leave you and the rest of the Sweet Caroline brigade alone.

The paycheck and notoriety brought him back...
Conor was bus gate, he made it happen. You’re remembering it wrong.
Would he have to come to NYC and commit bus gate if Khabib never did slap gate?

Tito ducking Chuck.

DJ choosing Borg over TJ because he said TJ couldnt make weight...even though Borg had a history of botched weight cuts and missed weight.

"I want to fuck Chuck."--Wanderlei Silva
"I want to duck Chuck."--Tito Ortiz

Yeah, instantly go with the casual line because you've lost an argument. From memory AJ refused to fight Wilder at 50/50 split in America even though AJ isn't a draw in America.

I think you're the one that doesn't know too much about it because if you've watched boxing the last few years you'd know mandatory doesn't mean shit. AJ has chose to fight his mandatory rather than Wilder or Fury, the same way Wilder and Fury chose to not fight the mandatory in Whyte and each other instead.

Fury's been back in the game for 2 maybe even 3 years now. How many times has that been rumoured and never materialised? I assume Fury is ducking AJ aswell yeah?

If you believe everything Eddie Hearn and Sky Sports tell you, It's best we just agree to disagree and i'll leave you and the rest of the Sweet Caroline brigade alone.

Jesus you are embarrassing, You do realise that Fury and Wilder are obligated to fight for a third time hence why Fury and AJ aren't fighting now? Why would AJ have fought Wilder on a 50/50 back in 2018 lmao, go compare there purses at the time you mug, you will see that Wilder was pricing himself out of the fight, hence why he turned down career high money multiple times, then turned down the $120mill offer.

Back