Chael thinks Varner faked the injury

Why is literally no one talking about that dip shit referee that wouldn't call the fight when the guys leg was clearly broke. What the fuck?

I'd have to see how he said it. There might have been a sense of sarcasm.

No one shows heart like Chael

chael-rashad.gif

Haha, I never noticed how much his legs are flailing. Would you say he looks like a fish out of water?

chaels my favorite fighter but i completely disagree. you can't fake a broken ankle, that shit was disgusting. varner showed a lot of heart by continuing to fight.

that being said they must have some beef or something because chael said varner always fakes being hurt or some shit.

although he obviously didn't fake a broken ankle, varner was CLEARLY trying to get the fight ended the referee was just a moron

I think Chaels issue with Varner may stem from people thinking Varner faked being hurt in his first fight with Cerrone in the WEC

Chael is always spot on and always tells the truth.Just look at the gif,he's faking it tot get out of the fight.

Just like Anderson faked his injury against Weidman.He made it seem like his leg was broken when in fact he could have continued.

Sonnen trolling again. I have no idea why some are acting surprised by this lol

although he obviously didn't fake a broken ankle, varner was CLEARLY trying to get the fight ended the referee was just a moron

This is the right answer and if this is what Chael was trying to say, then I agree with him.

There's an exchange where Varner is just staring at the ref like 'please end this fight, don't make me quit bro'. The ref saw what was happening and could have easily called in the doc to check him out to see if it was safe to continue.

Varner's corner to a lesser extent should have also recognized the issue was significant and stopped the fight.

Came for the Rashad gif on the first page... did not leave disappointed

Sonnen trolling again. I have no idea why some are acting surprised by this lol
And this is why I have disliked Sonnen's impact on the sport. Only in this sport is being a classless moron lauded as something exemplary/excusable via a bullshit internet nerd verb that has no meaning... "trolling"

I've a strong stomach, but that's pretty sickening. Hard to misinterpret that as "just a flesh wound". Chael keeps on a trollin'.

Last edited:
best guess is that the Varner vs. Cerrone (WEC championship fight) is still fresh in Chael's memory. In it Varner won early rounds and was ahead but Cerrone had all the momentum and looked like he was on his way to KO Varner but threw a knee as Varner was going down and the ref paused the fight for "knee downed opponent" and Varner pleaded that they stop the fight, claimed he couldn't continue because of the knee (which frankly was .01 of a second away from being legal)... so they stopped it and it went to judges cards and Varner won; only except when they gave Varner the mic in the post-fight he said it was his hand and some other stuff that was hurt, nothing to do with the knee, seemed very clear at that time he wanted the fight stopped because he was about to lose.

It actually led to tons of bad blood and Cerrone beating Varner down in a rematch after Varner lost the title to Bendo.

that being said Varner 2.0, is not the same Varner that was in the WEC, many people have alluded to how hes changed and is a different guy now, and also the broken leg was evident and can be seen on many replays.

I didn't really watch WEC so this is very interesting to me. Perhaps, he toughed out the broken leg because he wanted to prove that he isn't the same guy he was before (as described above) because, I mean, I think it's fair to ask the ref to stop the fight if you have a broken leg -- what he did last night was batsh*t crazy.

Chael is weird. That is a classless thing to say. I also remember when Phil Davis and Wagner Prado ended via eye poke, Chael said Phil poked him on purpose because he wanted a way out against Wagner. It's weird and you would think bad for the UFC's reputation for him to say such things.

I will never understand people questioning Chaels heart though. He has one of the toughest resumes in the game and would fight anyone, any weight, with no notice.

Back