Chael thinks Varner faked the injury

makes no sense, i'm sure varner faked not being able to put anything on his ankle multiple times....dude tried to keep going but his body wouldn't let him....deserves respect not to be scorned for it.

I didn't see the comment on TV, but TS has "Just talked about how he was looking for the easy way out on the post fight show." in the OP.

It looks like he just assumed Sonnen was meaning "faking an injury"

By the comment alone I'm assuming he thought Varner was looking for a safe way out without being more injured or hurt, and tbh, I thought he was for short seconds too, but he couldn't quit.

Chael is a complete moron if that's the case

didn't Verner do the same thing against Cowboy??

That makes more sense. It would've been quite an out of character thing for him to say out of character.

Just talked about how he was looking for the easy way out on the post fight show. Real classy Chael, especially coming from a guy who folds like a chair in any tough spots in a fight.

Are you going to cry ?

Of course he faked it.He only broke his ankle,continued fighting and then gave up??What a puss...

I think Anderson faked his injury against Weidman too!

broken-ankle.gif

Varner was all heart trying to hold out as long as he could.

He's toyed with retirement before. He said he has a good 3 years left in him but admits his body has been getting banged up for 18 years. I wonder if this will male him call it quits for good.

I understand most people on sherdog work at gas stations and can't understand the depth of everything they read. Chael may very well have said something classless however it doesnt give forum posters the right to talk about his heart and laugh at him turtling up.

Shut up.

Chael deserves to get slapped for this.

when they showed the slowmo replays of his ankle turning all the way sideways ... fuck man was cringing..

Chael deserves to get slapped for this.

when they showed the slowmo replays of his ankle turning all the way sideways ... fuck man was cringing..

I was sitting at the nurse's station when I saw the gif and cringed, "Oh!" ...everyone looked at me like I'd lost my gourd.

Back