Chael thinks Varner faked the injury

He says that over the past 6 years most of Varner's fights end in some sort of freakshow fashion and he suggested that the Doctor didn't really call the fight but that Varner maybe told the doctor he couldn't continue so the doctor would stop the fight.

Well that part is true, Varner told his team and the doc that he couldn't continue

I don't think he faked the injury though. That foot/ankle was fucked.

I was watching that but I thought he was joking. He clearly wasn't.

I understand most people on sherdog work at gas stations and can't understand the depth of everything they read. Chael may very well have said something classless however it doesnt give forum posters the right to talk about his heart and laugh at him turtling up.

Leave Chael alone!!!

Leave Chael alone!!!

I agree what he said is not cool and could be considered classless but the idea of dudes who live in their mother's basement talking about his heart is the real joke in all this.

best guess is that the Varner vs. Cerrone (WEC championship fight) is still fresh in Chael's memory. In it Varner won early rounds and was ahead but Cerrone had all the momentum and looked like he was on his way to KO Varner but threw a knee as Varner was going down and the ref paused the fight for "knee downed opponent" and Varner pleaded that they stop the fight, claimed he couldn't continue because of the knee (which frankly was .01 of a second away from being legal)... so they stopped it and it went to judges cards and Varner won; only except when they gave Varner the mic in the post-fight he said it was his hand and some other stuff that was hurt, nothing to do with the knee, seemed very clear at that time he wanted the fight stopped because he was about to lose.

It actually led to tons of bad blood and Cerrone beating Varner down in a rematch after Varner lost the title to Bendo.

that being said Varner 2.0, is not the same Varner that was in the WEC, many people have alluded to how hes changed and is a different guy now, and also the broken leg was evident and can be seen on many replays.

If he really said this then he should publicly apologise to Varner. That break was sickening and Varner tried to fight through it for a good four minutes. Chael has basically submitted twice to a combined total of 10 seconds of strikes from Jones and Rashad.

Chael wishes he had a tenth of the heart displayed by Varner in that fight.

I agree what he said is not cool and could be considered classless but the idea of dudes who live in their mother's basement talking about his heart is the real joke in all this.

Context, learn what it is. Also, you know nothing about me.

I think chael might be fibbing you could tell that was a serious injury and varner is tough as fuck for fighting through that

That was low of Chael. I noticed that live too.

Usually a fan of Chael's trolling. But this is just stupid. How can you watch those highlights of his leg giving out and say he's faking?

Chael is a front runner, Wand lands anything hard on him and the fight is over, guaranteed.

Chael says a lot of stupid shit, but he does it on purpose and knows it's stupid.

This though was stunningly idiotic. That was amazing heart by Varner. Varner in the past did lack heart but it was blatantly obvious he was showing tremendous courage here - almost insane and self-destructive heart, because of the huge risk of making the injury much worse.

Chael seriously owes Varner an apology for disrespecting him like this.

Also, if Chael had the heart Varner showed today, he almost certainly would have been champ at some point.

This surprises you all coming from a guy who claimed Lance Armstrong gave himself cancer by taking PEDs? It's typical Chael P. Sonnen drivel spoken to get a rise out of his audience, not out of any firm conviction in its truth.

Back