Chael Sonnen legacy

I don't think he will win the tournament but if he does it would be incredible.

Chael's legacy will always be tied to his rivalry with Silva. To this day, the rematch is the fight I was most hyped for.
That And Mostly imo His Gift for Gab

Chael has one of the saddest legacies possible for a great fighter, the fighter that comes a hair away from winning the BIG fights and comes up ever so short.

2 minutes away from dominating Anderson bell to bell. Has a mental lapse and gets subbed..

A minute away from being the first to beat JJ. Can't survive the 1st round.

Very respectable resume but it's got to eat him up inside how close he got.

TBH, I believe Chaels real legacy hasn't even begun yet.

I believe he'll one day be the president of either Bellator or the UFC and his legacy will be as a promoter who had a legit fighting career.

It would be epic

Last edited:
Fedor, Mir and Nelson have enough sub game when/if Sonnen takes it to the ground. Everyone has decent wrestling, not to mention better striking.
Chael has no chance IMHO.

Fedor, Mir and Nelson have enough sub game when/if Sonnen takes it to the ground. Everyone has decent wrestling, not to mention better striking.
Chael has no chance IMHO.

I'd say Chael has the best wrestling in the tournament, but size does matter and so the bigger guys might be too much for him.

TBH, I believe Chaels real legacy hasn't even begun yet.

I believe he'll one day be the president of either Bellator or the UFC and his legacy will be as a promoter who had a legit fighting career.

It would be epic

Yep ,,Classic Chael................ Mouth=Fame=TheChamp of BullShit

His legacy was he talked his way into many big fights and rarely delivered. But he is a case study of how to succeed in mma when your not good enough to be champion and how to make money when you dont feel like fighting. Takes charisma of course,and he def has that.

Good fighter, not great. Lost all his big fights in his career. Racking up some wins on old legends, that don't take fighting serious anymore..

Chael is the most well rounded roider in UFC history.

In just one test failed for :

-HGH
-EPO
-anastrozole
-hCG

I'm no expert but it seems that he was cycling on and off at the same time :D

I doubt Chael could win the BHWT, but in MMA circles his legacy is being a very good (at one point in time) entertaining fighter before his fights, while not having very entertaining fights.

I can see Chael getting the W over Fedor, but not against Mir.

Legacy?
We can argue about that...based on what each person values.

He’s a legend for sure.
Unforgettable personality with a healthy dose of trolling.
Had very high profile fights, rivalries with Anderson Silva and Jon Jones.

I grew up in Oregon. I wrestled USA as a kid and in the MT Hood league in HS (Trying to stay somewhat anonymous).

Anyways, i beat Chael in a tournament that I believe was in Mcminnville in 5th grade. I still got a cardboard bracket at my mom's somewhere with is name in 2nd place on it. i told this story on another thread and promised to post the bracket, but I was unable to find it at thanks giving.

Chael went on to be a stud in HS and college, while I ended up being better than average but nothing special. I was a pretty good football and track guy, but I never even placed in state in wrestling.

Chael and I were in completely different weight classes in HS too. I want to say he wrestled 163 whiel I was at 148 in HS. It's been so long that I forget the weight classes.

Great account.... glad you shared.

Local boy makes good

r2OjVb0.jpg

Cheating lay and pray fighter who can tap his way out of any remotely dangerous situation in a split second.

i like chael personally. he's hilarious and a real bright guy in general. but i will always think of him as a fighter who always fell short. that first anderson fight will always define him, in my opinion. he was so damn close to winning that fight on the biggest stage, and couldn't finish the job.

chael holds a submission over silva, tko'd him in the rematch and also tko'd jones and became a division champ

went on to make tito yell tap tap

his legacy speaks for itself

His legacy was he talked his way into many big fights and rarely delivered. But he is a case study of how to succeed in mma when your not good enough to be champion and how to make money when you dont feel like fighting. Takes charisma of course,and he def has that.

Would-be master of the industry as a whole.

Middle of the pack fighter who’s best run of form coincided with his heavy use of trt/steroids

Also stole his whole shtick from joe ‘baddest man on the planet’ warren.

Got some half interesting things to say these days when he’s not fighting tho.

He's funny as shit. I'l watch him for that alone.

I dont think the Bellator GP means anything tbh. Its a freak show with two solid LHWs, two middle of the pack HWs and a bunch of guys who havent been credible for years.

Chaels legacy is hes a very good but not quite elite fighter, and an elite trash talker, who gave an at the time seemingly unstoppable Andy shit tons of trouble for 4 and a half Rds in one of the most memorable UFC fights ever.

Back