Chael Sonnen legacy

None.

American super hluk champ?

He’s admitted to being on PEDs a million times. He’s very open and candid on his podcast. He’s basically a money fight guy who was actually kind of good, and he makes no bones about it.

Fraud with very limited skill set and no heart. He's a quitter with cringy trash talk

of course if he won the tournament it would improve his legacy.

But he's not going to win the tournament so we don't need to worry about it.

He is a Legend in his own mind. Will always be remembered as the guy that Almost beat Anderson... then pissed hot.

Huge if true
I disagree

The thing is that almost every elite level athlete like Brock Lesnar, Roger Federer, or Michael Phelps that started out competing at a young age has been beaten by a nobody that you have never heard of. Kids mature and develop at different ages, and we all peak athletically at different times. The best kid on your youth basketball or football team is not always the best kid on your HS team. I played HS football with a kid that was a 4 year varsity starter that was recruited by the biggest college programs in the nation. He was like 6'4" 300lbs in 8th grade. He never started a single game for the University of Washington other than special teams. I went to school another kid a few classes up from me that wasn't even all state in HS that walked on to Texas A&M at 6'1" 165lbs. He eventually played 3 seasons in the NFL as a 200lb rock.

Anyways, beating Chael in youth wrestling isn't a big deal. I'm sure he lost at least 2-3 matches his senior year of HS alone, and that was when he was the man.

I disagree

The thing is that almost every elite level athlete like Brock Lesnar, Roger Federer, or Michael Phelps that started out competing at a young age has been beaten by a nobody that you have never heard of. Kids mature and develop at different ages, and we all peak athletically at different times. The best kid on your youth basketball or football team is not always the best kid on your HS team. I played HS football with a kid that was a 4 year varsity starter that was recruited by the biggest college programs in the nation. He was like 6'4" 300lbs in 8th grade. He never started a single game for the University of Washington other than special teams. I went to school another kid a few classes up from me that wasn't even all state in HS that walked on to Texas A&M at 6'1" 165lbs. He eventually played 3 seasons in the NFL as a 200lb rock.

Anyways, beating Chael in youth wrestling isn't a big deal. I'm sure he lost at least 2-3 matches his senior year of HS alone, and that was when he was the man.

Maybe so, but it's a cool story never the less.

Back