Chael picks Bisping over Belfort "I know I would beat the hell out of Vitor Belfort"

"It comes down to this, I know I would beat the hell out of Vitor Belfort, and Bisping gave me one of the hardest fights on my life," said Sonnen. "So it follows Bisping will beat Belfort."

"I tease and make fun of Vitor a lot, because someone needs to point out what a fraud and a phony this guy is, but everyone knows he's one of the most dangerous fighters in the world."

"I really want to see Bisping win this fight and get his title shot. He deserves it. It is long overdue. Bisping has a big heart, he always comes to fight hard, he never backs down and he never quits. I know he can beat Anderson Silva and be the middleweight champion. There's no question in my mind Bisping can beat Anderson."

Source

Lol. First of all there's no doubt, no question in my mind that Bisping will not get any belt until Anderson is the king at MW. He might get a title shot but that's it, unless AS retires or move up to LHW.

If Chael losses to JJ do you guys think a match up with Vitor will be an ideal return fight to MW for Chael?

Although most probably, the pre fight war of words will be more likely entertaining than the fight itself unless Vitor catches him early with a KO or sub.

After Chael loses he needs to go back to MW and fight Belfort or Wanderlei.

I could be mistaken, but didn't Chael admit that Vitor would be a tough matchup for him? I remember him saying that a while ago, then again it doesn't surprise me that Sonnen would do a compete 180 on something.

I think Bisping is going to win too, although I hope Vitor knocks him out. I wouldn't mind seeing Belfort/Sonnen, you could even do it at 205 if Sonnen is serious about staying there.

Sonnen said Vitor would be a tougher match-up for him than Silva in lead up to Silva V Belfort, but he was really just trolling/trashing Anderson more than actually saying Belfort was any good.

I just dont see how Bisping can win a 5-rounder while avoiding either a KO shot or a sub. His takedowns are good, but he wont keep Belfort on his back.

I could be mistaken, but didn't Chael admit that Vitor would be a tough matchup for him? I remember him saying that a while ago, then again it doesn't surprise me that Sonnen would do a compete 180 on something.

I think Bisping is going to win too, although I hope Vitor knocks him out. I wouldn't mind seeing Belfort/Sonnen, you could even do it at 205 if Sonnen is serious about staying there.

Yes Chael did say that. He said in an interview that Vitor is one of the guys he doesn't want to face (because it'd be a tough fight). With that said I think he would decision Belfort

Both have beautiful eyes, and white guy hair.

epmbf4.jpg

Chael is using MMA Math. Poor form.

Yeah... that's the joke:

"It comes down to this, I know I would beat the hell out of Vitor Belfort, and Bisping gave me one of the hardest fights on my life," said Sonnen. "So it follows Bisping will beat Belfort."

See? Joke.

Then he gets serious:

"I tease and make fun of Vitor a lot, because someone needs to point out what a fraud and a phony this guy is, but everyone knows he's one of the most dangerous fighters in the world."

See how that works? See where he immediately followed up by saying he was 'teasing' because he doesn't like Vitor but that 'everyone knows' how 'dangerous' Vitor is?

A little literacy would go a long way around this joint...

"I really want to see Bisping win this fight and get his title shot. He deserves it. It is long overdue. Bisping has a big heart, he always comes to fight hard, he never backs down and he never quits. I know he can beat Anderson Silva and be the middleweight champion. There's no question in my mind Bisping can beat Anderson."

Source

Lol. First of all there's no doubt, no question in my mind that Bisping will not get any belt until Anderson is the king at MW. He might get a title shot but that's it, unless AS retires or move up to LHW.

If Chael losses to JJ do you guys think a match up with Vitor will be an ideal return fight to MW for Chael?

Although most probably, the pre fight war of words will be more likely entertaining than the fight itself unless Vitor catches him early with a KO or sub.

What a complement by Chael Sonnen to Michael Bisping.

And for TS, I do like Vitor Belfort vs. Chael Sonnen if the latter loses to Jon Jones. If not Belfort, I would love to see Chael Sonnen fight Wanderlei Silva because of the pre fight trash talk as well!

I love that Sonnen still calls other people "frauds and phonies"

I don't like Bisping but I see him decisioning Belfort.

Belfort is a shell of his former self.

He's right he would beat the hell out of Vitor
Bisping may not though

Sonnen took the words out of my mouth, other than the part about Vitor being phony, don't know the guy well enough.

Chael always going the extra mile for the UFC...In and out of the cage.

What a complement by Chael Sonnen to Michael Bisping.

And for TS, I do like Vitor Belfort vs. Chael Sonnen if the latter loses to Jon Jones. If not Belfort, I would love to see Chael Sonnen fight Wanderlei Silva because of the pre fight trash talk as well!

Wand vs Chael will be LnP pillow fisting a glass jaw Wanderlei (I'm a Wand fan btw) all night. So.. Nope

Bisping and Chael have become secret BFF's..

I think that they would both get a lot out of training together. Bisping with much improved wrestling (it's already not bad) and Sonnen with a more subtle striking style would both be much better fighters.

Looking forward to seeing Chael in the post fight show swallow his words!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back