Chael picks Bisping over Belfort "I know I would beat the hell out of Vitor Belfort"

axewand

Blue Belt
Reaction score
"It comes down to this, I know I would beat the hell out of Vitor Belfort, and Bisping gave me one of the hardest fights on my life," said Sonnen. "So it follows Bisping will beat Belfort."

"I tease and make fun of Vitor a lot, because someone needs to point out what a fraud and a phony this guy is, but everyone knows he's one of the most dangerous fighters in the world."

"I really want to see Bisping win this fight and get his title shot. He deserves it. It is long overdue. Bisping has a big heart, he always comes to fight hard, he never backs down and he never quits. I know he can beat Anderson Silva and be the middleweight champion. There's no question in my mind Bisping can beat Anderson."

Source

Lol. First of all there's no doubt, no question in my mind that Bisping will not get any belt until Anderson is the king at MW. He might get a title shot but that's it, unless AS retires or move up to LHW.

If Chael losses to JJ do you guys think a match up with Vitor will be an ideal return fight to MW for Chael?

Although most probably, the pre fight war of words will be more likely entertaining than the fight itself unless Vitor catches him early with a KO or sub.

I could be mistaken, but didn't Chael admit that Vitor would be a tough matchup for him? I remember him saying that a while ago, then again it doesn't surprise me that Sonnen would do a compete 180 on something.

I think Bisping is going to win too, although I hope Vitor knocks him out. I wouldn't mind seeing Belfort/Sonnen, you could even do it at 205 if Sonnen is serious about staying there.

I have been saying for a while that chael will go for and get beaten by vitor if he can still fight after getting the hell beaten out of him by jones. It does make sense since both will have losses to both Silva and JBJ and after Vitor smashes the hell out of Chael, he will be looking good for a rematch with Silva .... (this all presuming Vitor gets past Bisping, its pretty safe to say both Jones and Vitor will smash Sonnen).

I could be mistaken, but didn't Chael admit that Vitor would be a tough matchup for him? I remember him saying that a while ago, then again it doesn't surprise me that Sonnen would do a compete 180 on something.

I think Bisping is going to win too, although I hope Vitor knocks him out. I wouldn't mind seeing Belfort/Sonnen, you could even do it at 205 if Sonnen is serious about staying there.

Yeah, he definitely went on record saying that Vitor would be a tough matchup for him. I don't take anything Chael says seriously anymore.

Just because he said Vitor would be a tough matchup for Bisping doesn't mean he predicted Belfort to win at the time

So many men chattering like small girls. It's disheartening.

Chael is using MMA Math. Poor form.

The little bromance going on between Bisping and Sonnen is a little unexpected and a tad strange. But I agree with him that he'd be a bad match-up for Belfort, however, styles make fights and it doesn't necessarily follow that Bisping will beat Belfort.

Just because he said Vitor would be a tough matchup for Bisping doesn't mean he predicted Belfort to win at the time

He said Belfort was a tough matchup for him (him being Sonnen).

Chael is using MMA Math. Poor form.

it's actually a trend i see frequently. if fighter A has beat fighter B, and fighter B is fighting fighter C, then fighter A almost always picks fighter B to beat fighter C.

almost always.

i disagree. unless he comes in with clays game plan...

Oh no!

I fear this is the kiss of death for The Count. Sonnen may as well get his mom to shoot Bisping

i heard chael say that vitor needs to ko him early or bisping wins, but vitor is good at ko'ing people early. good assessment

chael would be a terrible match up for vitor. chael is relentless on his takedowns and has a huge cardio advantage. not saying vitor couldnt ko or sub him but its still a nightmare.

vitor wants to face guys that will stand but without bispings cardio. guys like stann, wandy, or cung

I dont think its that far fetched that Bisping beats Vitor. He has more tools than Vitor

MMA math at it's finest. I agree that Bisping is a really hard matchup for Chael, and Chael would run through Belfort, but that's irrelevant in a fight pitting Bisping and Belfort.

Back