Chael: I fought Nate Diaz then he bought me a fish taco...

Sorta off topic. But does anyone find chael not amusing? I think his snarky voice is annoying as hell. And he was never that good of a fight.

he was defending, he got tko'd there clearly.

anyhow in regards to pettis's ground game, yes it is fantastic he subbed benson henderson and Gilbert melendez. I feel the magnitude of that accomplishment is not as recognized as it should be.

Agree with both of your points. Gilbert had recently fought 3 rounds against Aoki, the majority of which took place on the ground, and was never in any real threat of getting subbed. Size advantage is a factor for sure, but that's an impressive feat, and Pettis subbed him fairly easily.

What is he saying "nate bought me a fish taco" is he talking about a low rent hooker?

in that case.... go on..

Sorta off topic. But does anyone find chael not amusing? I think his snarky voice is annoying as hell. And he was never that good of a fight.
The guy with wins over some of the greats of his era? The guy who won the fight against the WEC champ and only didnt win the belt because the champ missed weight. That guy wasnt a good fighter? He finished Shogun, is Shogun a fucking jobber? Get the fuck out of here

Chael talks a lot of wild shit no doubt, he has a lot of subscriptions and gets plenty views so good for him he's getting his paper with his podcast which has a lot of IRL shitposting for filler, this one I found watchable and interesting.

Cliffs:
-Pettis ground game is the most underrated in the world even though people are more impressed with his dynamic striking
- Diaz doesn't get KO'd, durable above everything else, long, one's and two's
-If it hits the ground it will be fun
-Chael gave Diaz a hug last time he saw him, never felt him so hard and strong, he thinks Diaz been lifting
-Predicts no ring-rust
-Chael and Matt Lindland went to train with Nate at his gym and Nate goes hard
when they were done Nate bought them fish tacos

Great insight Chael. Pettis has good subs lol I know he is trying to inform casuals but it’s still funny to me. Chael is still a legend especially marketing wise for MMA.

Petits' gon get smoked come fight night.
Ehh if it was a 5 rounder Nate would be a much bigger favorite. The Thompson fight still makes me think Pettis could pull it off. But it would have to be a dynamic fight ending/altering strike. Been a pettis fan for much longer than Nate but gut instinct is Diaz gets it done.

Last edited:
Lost all respect for nate after the Thompson ko

Lost all respect for nate after the Thompson ko
Thompson wasn’t a scrub by no means at all at the the time. He wasn’t chasing waterfalls....He wasn’t a creep either.

I am a huge Pettis fan, but let's not get carried away.

He has some seriously sick BJJ, of which he has almost never been able to utilize in a professional fight.

And are we suggesting that he might tap Nate Diaz out?????

This fight will be decided on the feet. 100%

Thompson wasn’t a scrub by no means at all at the the time. He wasn’t chasing waterfalls....He wasn’t a creep either.

Sometimes I wish he just stuck to the rivers and lakes he was used to, it always has to be his way or nothing at all.

he was defending, he got tko'd there clearly.

anyhow in regards to pettis's ground game, yes it is fantastic he subbed benson henderson and Gilbert melendez. I feel the magnitude of that accomplishment is not as recognized as it should be.

ALso subbed Cheisa off his back recently which is quite the accomplishment as well

But outside of getting sub’d In his wec debut against Franca as a kid Nate has never been subbed

I don’t think this fight gets to the ground imo

Nate needs to keep the pressure on and make Pettis back up constantly and tire him out with volume

-Chael gave Diaz a tug last time he saw him, never felt him so hard and strong, he thinks Diaz been lifting

SvZ9sGQ.gif

I can't start the day without my daily dose of "The American gangster" with my morning coffee.

I feel like the weed makes the Díaz Bro’s so relaxed you can’t knock them out.

Like trying to knock out a jellyfish

/bro science
This is legit funny. And part of me thinks it could be true in a way.

Back