Chael couldn't beat anybody in today's mw division

He would beat Kennedy, Bisping, Munoz, and Mousasi. The rest of the top 10 smokes him.

I'm not sure that he beats Mousasi or Kennedy. He would definitely beat Costas and probably CB.

Sonnen has a very good double leg and he has improved his BJJ defense. He used to sit in fighter's guards all day and now he passes them.

Sonnen is 5-0 in his last 5 MW fights against guys not named Anderson Silva.

How many middleweights would do well against Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, and Rashad Evans?

These questions will be answered when Sonnen faces Vitor.

He beat Wanderlei without even stepping in the cage.

THAT'S really why you're mad.

I think he'd lose to Belfort, Machida, Kennedy, Weidman, Jacare, Rockhold, Leites, Silva (once recovered), Carmont, and Romero

I think he'd beat everyone else though.

I'd take him over Carmont, Kennedy, and especially Leites with a coin flip on the Rockhold match up. Other than that, I agree.

Sonnen is one of the biggest PPV draws in the sport today. They accordingly reward him, rightfully, as most of today's fighters have cookie cutter, boring personalities.

Sonnen is one of the biggest PPV draws in the sport today. They accordingly reward him, rightfully, as most of today's fighters have cookie cutter, boring personalities.

So a cookie cutter personality is bad, but a cookie cutter fighting style like Chael is great? MMA fans these days are a joke.

im eager to see him back at middleweight.has NO buisness as a light heavyweight.i think your counting him out a bit. he may still wrestlefuck a lot of the middleweight division in my opinion.

Yes if he beats Vitor and gets a Title shot it's BS because he can't win a fight. Makes sense.

OP makes the most butthurt posts. Sorry Wand ran away, again, like I said he would. Remember me telling you Wand was scared and Wand knew he had no chance to beat Chael? I guess Wand is great at running from fights though.

Chael nuthuggers are funny. Chael gets credit for everything. Wand not being fluent in English is somehow credited as a victory for chael?

What's also funny is how wand is still saying he wants a fight with chael, while Chaels looking for excuses not to fight wand anymore.

Ducking much?

And Roy Nelson beat Frank Mir in a grappling match. A different sport 15 years ago is flat out ridiculous to use as analysis for now

You are clearly new to the sport to make any sport of analysis or parallel between different match ups.

Roy might be better bjjer, but Mir is better overall fighter. So if Roy has an edge in bjj, Mir has an edge in a actual fight.

In sonnen vs Munoz

Both fighters rely on their wrestling n neirther is know for their striking. Chael might be slightly better, but not by much n in a fight it would be negligeable. So their fight would essially be a wrestling match where Munoz had the edge.

Chael nuthuggers are funny. Chael gets credit for everything. Wand not being fluent in English is somehow credited as a victory for chael?

What's also funny is how wand is still saying he wants a fight with chael, while Chaels looking for excuses not to fight wand anymore.

Ducking much?

.....Don't tell me you actually believe that bullshit story Wand put out. It's almost as bad as the horsemeat/topical cream combo Reem went with.

I don't buy that Wand was afraid of Chael when he fought Cro Cop, Hunt, Rampage, and Liddell but he was sure as hell afraid of that drug test.

You are clearly new to the sport to make any sport of analysis or parallel between different match ups.

Roy might be better bjjer, but Mir is better overall fighter. So if Roy has an edge in bjj, Mir has an edge in a actual fight.

In sonnen vs Munoz

Both fighters rely on their wrestling n neirther is know for their striking. Chael might be slightly better, but not by much n in a fight it would be negligeable. So their fight would essially be a wrestling match where Munoz had the edge.

Thing is...Roy isn't a better "BJJer". Frank dominated him grappling in the fight and submitted him in another grappling match.

Munoz beat Chael wrestling years ago. Munoz's MMA wrestling is nowhere near as good as Chael's is. Munoz got taken down by Chris Leben.

Thing is...Roy isn't a better "BJJer". Frank dominated him grappling in the fight and submitted him in another grappling match.

Munoz beat Chael wrestling years ago. Munoz's MMA wrestling is nowhere near as good as Chael's is. Munoz got taken down by Chris Leben.

I like how sherdoggers live in their own lil reality.

What the hell is "mma wrestling"?

Wrestling is wrestling

The difference is the versatility of the fighter n how he can mix things up. Like gsp. He might not be best pure wrestler, but his bjj + striking n athleticism makes him elite grappler.

All the attributes that chael does not possess. His style is very predictable n works vs fighters with no or limited wrestling ability. Vs another wrestlers like Munoz it comes down to who's a better wrestler? Munoz already beat him in a pure wrestling match + he made a guy like Maia (who ragdolled chael n finished him after 2 minutes) drop down a weight class.

All that + the fact that chael can't take a punch n folds when gets hit hard n Munoz hits hard n it's easy to see who wins that fight

.....Don't tell me you actually believe that bullshit story Wand put out. It's almost as bad as the horsemeat/topical cream combo Reem went with.

I don't buy that Wand was afraid of Chael when he fought Cro Cop, Hunt, Rampage, and Liddell but he was sure as hell afraid of that drug test.

I heard the guy talk n it's pretty clear he's not fluent in English.

Chael fans do everything to discredit the other guy, while giving chael all the praise in the works.

Reality is they don't want to see that fight, cause they don't want chael retired.

Chael vs Shogun might be the most dominating fluke of all time.

How good is Shogun today anyway? Just asking.

It was a good win but judging by his other recent fights he just doesn't look like a contender.

I think people are forgetting that the UFC isn't really a sports franchise.

IT's sports entertainment just like the WWE.

The only thing different is that the fights are real and the outcome not predetermined but the way they hype the fights and the promotion is run exactly the same way.

If it wasn't, why did 2-1 Brock Lesnar get a title shot while Matt Brown is on an 8 fight win streak and still has to fight for a title shot? What about Cub Swanson? Ben Askren is about as exciting as watching paint dry in church but he's a champion who should have been signed in the UFC for an instant shot at GSP. But he's a boring promotional nightmare that Dana doesn't want.

Chael Sonnen is money, that's why he gets title fights simple as that.

giphy.gif

That's a horrible gif.

Back