Cerrone vs Jury, round 1 - 10:9...

Kwic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Really? All 3 judges are retarded? ;)
Did he did damage? No. But the scoring should show how dominant the round was.
Then you have a close round that is 9:10 and you have a draw whereas it should clearly be in favour of a guy that dominated the round 1 and easily won.
I know we have discussed it million times, but this is just too much for me.

For clarification, it should have been a 10:8, easily. 10-9 is for close rounds. It wasn't remotly close.

Last edited:
You shouldn't get a 10-8 round because you can hold a body triangle. Get outta here with this.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, TS.

For me, I can't imagine how any judge could give Jury 9s, and this is just yet another example of how odd scoring is. Those were most certainly not 9 pt rounds for Jury. 8s would have been generous.

You shouldn't get a 10-8 round because you can hold a body triangle. Get outta here with this.

He almost finished him too.
Man, I'm not sure if you know but we have 10:10, 10:9, 10:8 and 10:7 (in theory), right?
10:9 is pretty close. First round was not pretty close, Jesus. I don't care if he held on the body triangle and that's all he did. Jury couldn't do shit, was on the defensive the whole round. You don't break the fighter if he has the back. 10:8 easily.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, TS.

For me, I can't imagine how any judge could give Jury 9s, and this is just yet another example of how odd scoring is. Those were most certainly not 9 pt rounds for Jury. 8s would have been generous.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying you are not sure what I say ;)

I say that Cerrone should be given a 10:8 round. Easily. 10:9 is for a close round. It wasn't close. Simple as that.

No, there should not be a 10-8 round just cause one guy has the others back for 4 minutes.

Cerrone didn't finish omoplata or RNC, he just controlled Jury on the ground via holding a body triangle. 10-9 for Cerrone, but no more than that.

I suppose you could make the case for a 10-8, for the various subs he went after and nearly had.

But I think 10-8's are mostly given for strikes that knock a dude on his ass, or scramble his brain. lol

No, there should not be a 10-8 round just cause one guy has the others back for 4 minutes.

It should. It's the other guy's problem that he can't do shit about it.
It's not a close round man. I don't understand why you would give a draw to a fight where round 1 was how it was between Cerrone vs Jury, and the other round would be extremely close but went to Jury. It's a draw for you? GOd no.

yeah, scoring is kind of a joke

close roudns, 10-9, cerrone-jury style (maybe not a complete domination but, but complete domination is a 10-7) 10-9

yeah right

holding someone in a guard/figure four is not means for a 10 - 8

Cerrone didn't finish omoplata or RNC, he just controlled Jury on the ground via holding a body triangle. 10-9 for Cerrone, but no more than that.

Ah, so you should finish (end the fight) to get 10:8? Peopleeeeeee :'( Please.

He almost finished him too.
Man, I'm not sure if you know but we have 10:10, 10:9, 10:8 and 10:7 (in theory), right?
10:9 is pretty close. First round was not pretty close, Jesus. I don't care if he held on the body triangle and that's all he did.Jury couldn't do shit, was on the defensive the whole round. You don't break the fighter if he has the back. 10:8 easily

The more you try and talk about the the more foolish you look. 10-9 is not "pretty close", it only sometimes is. That almost finish was 5 seconds of a choke, that's not enough. If you can hold positions and get 10-8's Randy Couture would be the GOAT.

If I recall, Maia had the same type of round against Fitch and got a 10-9.
We can disagree all we like but at least they're consistent about it.
I called the 1st round 10-9 for what it's worth.

holding someone in a guard/figure four is not means for a 10 - 8

I disgree. Back mount for 4 minutes and almost finishing should easily give you 10:8, especially that there is still 10:7...
But judges think like you I guess. That's why we have scoring like we have.

The more you try and talk about the the more foolish you look. 10-9 is not "pretty close", it only sometimes is. That almost finish was 5 seconds of a choke, that's not enough. If you can hold positions and get 10-8's Randy Couture would be the GOAT.

I disagree with you on every level.
10:9 SHOULD be by definition pretty close but clear who the winner of the round was. 10:8 should be : clear as sky, domination (by damage or positioning)
10:7 should be destruction.

You people would give 10:9 only in all cases. Only if there was a finish you would reverse the verdict to give 10:8. "only 5 seconds"? Really? How long do you think a rear naked choke can last, 2 minutes? It was close.

The more you try and talk about the the more foolish you look. 10-9 is not "pretty close", it only sometimes is.

"It only sometimes is," you don't get much more arbitrary and inconsistent than that--both qualities that do scoring a disservice.

Can you imagine if say football scoring was just as arbitrary? "Touchdowns only sometimes award 6 points."

Doing virtually nothing to your opponent and getting 9 points out of 10 is really quite something.

I disgree. Back mount for 4 minutes and almost finishing should easily give you 10:8, especially that there is still 10:7...
But judges think like you I guess. That's why we have scoring like we have.

man everyone would do back mount if they could score 10 - 8. Back mount is very difficult to get out of,even if you do no damage to the guy.

Back